Find League Opponents Thread

• Wow it’s been 4 days and still no takers. This would be the first time I’ve really had any trouble finding good competition. We have lost a lot of great players over the years, and sadly that trend seems to be continuing. With all the myriad gaming options available these days, maybe we just haven’t been doing enough to market and recruit for the league, or the game in general. I know that in the past the stronger players have said they have a tough time keeping up with competitive or master-level play, expressing that it feels more like work than fun. Maybe they are too serious and agonizing over every move and detail? Personally I really enjoy the tougher competition and do not find it much work at all, but then again I am one of the most experienced players around.

Anyway, I guess I should open up to any tier 1 takers then.

• @axis-dominion said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Wow it’s been 4 days and still no takers. This would be the first time I’ve really had any trouble finding good competition. We have lost a lot of great players over the years, and sadly that trend seems to be continuing. With all the myriad gaming options available these days, maybe we just haven’t been doing enough to market and recruit for the league, or the game in general. I know that in the past the stronger players have said they have a tough time keeping up with competitive or master-level play, expressing that it feels more like work than fun. Maybe they are too serious and agonizing over every move and detail? Personally I really enjoy the tougher competition and do not find it much work at all, but then again I am one of the most experienced players around.

I would be up for a game for the right bid for the allies

Wow it’s been 4 days and still no takers. This would be the first time I’ve really had any trouble finding good competition. We have lost a lot of great players over the years, and sadly that trend seems to be continuing. With all the myriad gaming options available these days, maybe we just haven’t been doing enough to market and recruit for the league, or the game in general. I know that in the past the stronger players have said they have a tough time keeping up with competitive or master-level play, expressing that it feels more like work than fun. Maybe they are too serious and agonizing over every move and detail? Personally I really enjoy the tougher competition and do not find it much work at all, but then again I am one of the most experienced players around.

I think there might be many reasons. One is definately BM for me. Game lasts MUCH longer. I have one game now that was started about a year ago and is currently in round 33 or so. So clearly not fast pase, but breaks are needed when you play that long. In any case it is not that much fun either when games never complete. Too much money for everyone I think

• '19 '17 '16

It’s interesting because when BM first came out the games were shorter for a while. I can see a link with more income and longer games though. Moscow living longer really lengthens the game.

WHAT!? AD going without? Let shame fall upon our heads! I’d be playing more but work is and will continue to kick my ass at least until March next year…

• @simon33 said in Find League Opponents Thread:

It’s interesting because when BM first came out the games were shorter for a while. I can see a link with more income and longer games though. Moscow living longer really lengthens the game.

and moscow is still alive in my game at round 33 (has not been down either)

• @Giallo said in Find League Opponents Thread:

@axis-dominion said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Sure giallo, let me know how much you want and I’ll see it up.

• '19 '17

Maybe games last longer because it’s more balanced :thinking_face: .

@Giallo said in Find League Opponents Thread:

@axis-dominion said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Sure giallo, let me know how much you want and I’ll see it up.

18 for the allies?

• @Giallo said in Find League Opponents Thread:

18 for the allies?

Sure message me what you want placed and I’ll start it up tomorrow sometime.

• @Adam514 Lol I think balance is probably part of it but the higher income makes the games more complex too which can lengthen it (and lengthen the time it takes for some of us to decide on our move). And I suspect I’ve been the other opponent in 2 of the longest games of the year (including the one with Oysteilo) so it might just be that I’m ruining things. :)

• '19 '17 '16

I’m sure what oysteilo was getting at is losing 100ipcs to a mistake or a dicing is less devastating in bm. It is much easier to rebuild whereas in vanilla the starting units were more important. Not by great strides of course, the difference exists though. In bm it is really hard to take down Moscow if the allies are played optimally, and you certainly can’t do it as quickly.

@Adam514 still marketing bm?

• '19 '17 '16

I suspect we might go back to bids for the axis if we stopped using the ij/Okinawa objective.

• @farmboy said in Find League Opponents Thread:

@Adam514 Lol I think balance is probably part of it but the higher income makes the games more complex too which can lengthen it (and lengthen the time it takes for some of us to decide on our move). And I suspect I’ve been the other opponent in 2 of the longest games of the year (including the one with Oysteilo) so it might just be that I’m ruining things. :)

Exactly my point too. When Germany has like 400+ units and 150 of them are in western europe and 250 on the eastern front and 100+ are fast moving units combined with 20+ planes and Italian can openers… Just too much for me to deal with :(

• my two remaining/ongoing games are against adam and jdow…does anyone think I am having fun?

• @666 said in Find League Opponents Thread:

my two remaining/ongoing games are against adam and jdow…does anyone think I am having fun?

Playing those two… You need a big allied or axis bid. At least 16 for allies and 10 for axis

• @666 I do 🙂😂🤣🤣🤣

• '19 '17 '16

@666 said in Find League Opponents Thread:

my two remaining/ongoing games are against adam and jdow…does anyone think I am having fun?

Are you posting this in this thread because you need a non-M opponent? I’m game.

• '19 '17 '16

Will anyone take allies without the IJ/Ok objective and with no bid?

• Looking for another game, BM preferred. But up for anything. Please PM me. thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m