• Krieghund, since you seem to be the only one with concrete answers, could you give us the values for each scenerio?
    1941 seems to be Germany 30, italy 10, Russia 30, Japan 17, but USA and UK are fuzzy.

• Official Q&A

1941: Germany - 31; Italy - 10; Japan - 17; USA - 40; UK - 43; USSR - 30

You can probably figure out roughly what the '42 numbers are from there.  :wink:

• @Krieghund:

You can probably figure out roughly what the '42 numbers are from there.  :wink:

WHAT? UK outproducing the USA? What am I missing?

USA -4 ipc from China income(revised). Plus in AA50 the Phillipines are probably worth 3, which they lose on 1st turn. This gets them down to 37.

The ratios seem right I suppose(for playability/balance), but I don’t understand UK so high. Again, what am I missing?

• Borneo (4), East Indies (4), New Guinea (1), Hong Kong (1), Burma (think that’s what it’s called, 2), Anglo Egypt Sudan (separate from Egypt, 1).  Total = 13, 30+13=43

In '42, I believe Japan starts with all of those except AES.

• @03321:

Borneo (4), East Indies (4), New Guinea (1), Hong Kong (1), Burma (think that’s what it’s called, 2), Anglo Egypt Sudan (separate from Egypt, 1).  Total = 13, 30+13=43

In '42, I believe Japan starts with all of those except AES.

OK that makes sense for playability. Obviously Japan pounces on all that pretty quickly. It just freaked me out a little bit when I saw it. Japan with starting units and potential income could be a monster. Seems like an India complex is a requirement. All Chinese territories are worth 1 ipc each, right?

• yep

• Just looked at pics again and it looks like Phillipines is worth 2 ipcs. I wish before they took the pics they would have moved units off the ipc value of each territory.

• @Krieghund:

Considering that the US in 1941 was supplying the UK with Stuart light and Grant medium tanks in the Mid East, along with fighters, light bombers, and Catalina flying boats, I am going to have a very hard time accepting that US production number.  Especially in relation to Japan.  I understand that it was done with play balance in mind, along with severely cutting the US and UK fleets.  I view this reduction in US production as unsupportable in a game that is supposed to more closely follow history.

• Those numbers seem pretty different. Germany and Italy at 41 even before they take any of Russia. I guess the split weakens them some too. United States down to 40 even before they lose the Phillipines. I guess a more powerfull China helps make up for that some. It would be cool if they could give the U.S. a more realistic income and like AAP but maybe have some other factors to still balance it out.

• Official Q&A

Bear in mind that National Objectives will add to these numbers.

• Usually I do not complain about low IPC for allies. Allies are able to win the game even with an Axis bid, in Revised. It is a question of using them effectively. Having more IPCs with USA is worthless if they are spent in useless way. Spendig wisely what USA have is sufficient if the USA player have a soundly plan.

I am with Krieghund here: National Objectives add to these initial values. Moreover do not forget the relative strategic and geographic position of the nations involved in the war. Allies had won the war also for Strategic and Geographic factors that are present also in A&A map.

Furthermore UK was already at war by September 1939 while USA were still out of the war. Sure they had a great industrial capacity but the efficiency of a weapon is not only in the weapon itself. The hand that holds it is very important. (If I gotten a Ferrari Formula One car it was quite impossible for me to win the Championship.)

After operation Torch the USA Army advancing in Tunisia had difficult at Kasserine pass against experienced Axis units. They were well equipped but they lack the experience.

So the value is acceptable for USA. The IPC and the units in revised are not strictly related to the quantity but they have to represent also the qulity of the units. In 1941 UK units were more experienced than USA units.
    I am supposing that this value had been playtested and are part of the great picture for balancing the game.

Instead, the problem could be for 1942 set up. Given the fact that the IPC value are the same and the Axis starts with more territories, Allies should have a less IPC than in 1941. I am wondering if the national objectives are different for 1942 setup… ???

• Official Q&A

@timerover51:

I view this reduction in US production as unsupportable in a game that is supposed to more closely follow history.

I believe that the introduction of China will more than make up for this.  However, does it really need to be stated that if the income values were anywhere near accurate the Axis wouldn’t stand a chance?

@Romulus:

Instead, the problem could be for 1942 set up. Given the fact that the IPC value are the same and the Axis starts with more territories, Allies should have a less IPC than in 1941. I am wondering if the national objectives are different for 1942 setup… ???

No, they are the same.

It’s interesting that people started out talking about how the Axis wouldn’t stand a chance with Italy being split out of Germany, and now they’re talking about the Allies not having a chance with the income values as they are.  I would suspect that all these changes together will change the dynamics of the game so much that there will be no real comparison to Revised.  As Romulus said, I’m sure it’s been playtested.

• @Romulus:

Japan will go from 17 to 30 (+13), and USSR will drop from 30 to 24. UK from 43 to 32, and USA to 38.

Still, though, Allies have an IPC advantage, plus the China barrier.

I dont think anyone can realistically cry about AAAv favoring the axis…

• cry about AAAv favoring the axis…

what the heck is AAAAAAv?

Larry calls his own game AA50 and so does everybody else. Lets just stick to one name that’s commonly accepted.

I saw this AAAAv thing somewhere else and i was thinking its another variant but now i see its not.

• I challenge you to a game of AAAv, IL.

• @03321:

I challenge you to a game of AAAv, IL.

Do not disturb the mighty…

• @Krieghund:

US National Objectives give the US zip until virtually the end of the game, and you know that Krieghund, so quit claiming that as a balance.  Between butchering the US and UK fleets and this, the only Allied option is getting Heavy Bombers fast.

• I challenge anybody to a game of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAv

• @Imperious:

I challenge anybody to a game of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAv

was that 50 "A"s?

THEN that name makes sense  :roll:

• Official Q&A

@timerover51:

@Krieghund:

US National Objectives give the US zip until virtually the end of the game, and you know that Krieghund, so quit claiming that as a balance.  Between butchering the US and UK fleets and this, the only Allied option is getting Heavy Bombers fast.

Ah, but you’re assuming that all the US NOs are known, and that they’re correct.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m