• I’m very new to the Axis & Allies 1940 global game and I have a number of queries that some of you more experienced players might be able to help me with.
    1.) Why does western USA have two separate values listed on it? 10 and 50? 10  makes sense because it adds up to a total of 52 (in the global game), but 50 makes no sense. Can anyone explain?
    2.) The rules state that the USA receives a bonus income of 30 IPCs (each turn!) if she is at war and controls the eastern USA, the western USA and central USA. Does this mean that when at war the USA player receives 82 IPC income on each turn if he controls all the original US territory? This seems an enormous income for the US. Does this not give the allies a huge advantage? and would seem to unbalance the game completely in the allied favour.

• 1. In the Pacific 1940 game, the US at war NO is 40 ipcs, so the rulebook said that the value of WUS increases from 10 to 50. This was changed so that japan would only get 10 ipcs if it captured WUS, not 50.

2. Yes, it does. It has been shown to unbalance the game, so we are coming up with a neww setup which splits the US NOs so that it usually collects 15-25 ipcs instead.

• @Gargantua:

“we” Calvin hobbes?

You are not part of the process.

Actually, I am.
    http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4060
    I have made numerous posts on this thread and others discussing the new setup/rules.

• Official Q&A

Yup, Calvin’s part of it.  So are lots of other folks.

• @Gargantua:

Is that an official ruling?

He may be a consultant, but you are not considered part of a process unless you make decisions.  Otherwise even fans are a part of the game their team plays.  When really, they have nothing to do with it.

Wrong, if you have influence on a process, then you are part of it.

• Official Q&A

@special:

if you have influence on a process, then you are part of it.

I totally agree.

• Official Q&A

He has reported playtest results, which Larry has read and digested.  He has also contributed to the discussion.  As to the extent that his personal input has directly impacted Larry’s thinking, that’s difficult to say.  It has, however, influenced the direction of the discussion.  Do you have a point?

• Ok enough. Don’t worry what Calvin does or any other member. Just do your part.

If you want to talk about other members don’t bring them up on public forums. We are not in the business of insulting other people or trying to sabotage them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m