• I am considering a Vichy France special rule as well. Considering it’s pretty dramatic how the game lacks it.

Special Rules

• The first time Paris is captured by Germany a Vichy French government may be formed. Roll two dice and select that many originally French territories and place an Axis control marker of your choice on them. Any French units within these territories are moved by an Allied player to an adjacent allied controlled territory or England.
  • 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@oztea good timing. Figured you probably still checked in once in a while. I’m pretty close to finishing this for triplea. Have a unit issue slowing me down at the moment.

Anyway, I can add any changes or most probably, as a “Map Option” so it’s not hardcoded into the mod if you like a idea but haven’t tested it fully. Just a thought.

Could do something simple such as adding 1 or 2 Dutch dudes per turn if you wanted for the above Dutch issue.

Also could add a “Bunker” unit to France if you wanted to represent the Maginot and have it disappear if you attacked Belgium first. Maybe not disappear but have their defense value go to 0. They’d still soak a hit that way though. I use them as D3 takes 2 hits to kill. Can bomb them too. The trick would be to find the right balance so you wouldn’t automatically go one way or the other. Anyway, just another thought.

• @barnee I try to avoid adding new pieces or stuff that people might not have because it didn’t come with the game box itself. France kinda doesn’t need a Maginot rule because I don’t want them to survive too long, if they do then the game will probably end up in a broken state anyway. Nor do I want to force Germany to attack Holland/Belgium because they didn’t do that in the first world war and they may have broken through the maginot line anyway with their tanks in 1940, based on how they obliterated the Belgian forts.

@oztea right on makes sense

This is up on triplea now. It’s under “Experimental”. I just tested things as they were added and am still on the first full test game, so keep an eye out for incorrect behavior.

Added a Dutch option:

Optional
    Dutch Assist. Beginning round 2, adds 1 Infantry to Holland Belgium after German Non Combat Move every turn until Holland is attacked and conquered. Activates via “Map Options”.

Didn’t do anything for the Vichy. You can use the in game dice roller and “Edit” if you want for it. For anyone who doesn’t know, the dice roller is located on the top bar under “Game”.

Years ago Xeno Games had a vichy rule that went something like this: After France fell you rolled for each of the remaining French Territories and Sea Zones. 1-3 they stayed Free. 4-6 they turned Vichy. Their units, if any, turned German. It didn’t have Italy. The Sea Zones was “1” = turn German, “2-4” scuttled and “5-6” turned British. Something like that.

Anyway, just a thought for whatever you decide on. Will try and add any changes that triplea can do when they’re posted.

@oztea

Clarification on a couple objectives needed. “MidEast Oil” and “Med Power Centers” for Italy. Currently in triplea one just needs Axis control not Italian for “Power Centers” and need Italian control instead of presence for “Mideast Oil”.

The way it’s written it seems that it is Italian control and Italian presence. Is that correct ?

Don’t see how France can be saved turn 2. Even sending all UK air, if Germany doesn’t, Italy should still dust it. May be by design, but with game start 2 turns in advance, seems they’d get one more. Would leave a large Allied Fleet, but killing France would be the objective after consolidating the neutrals, I would think.

Anyway, gonna start another one, this was just a couple round tester : )

Hmm…seems Egypt is gonna be hard to save rd 3. Might be able to dust the Italian Fleet, but maybe not. Even so, a pretty big land army for Italy and they have that somalia force that needs to be dealt with as well. We’ll see how it plays out :)

Looks as if the French ships are gonna have to help. Still won’t stop the army but …might be enough. Looks pretty touch and go heh heh

Idk, maybe that Italian Army needs to be reduced a bit. Sure seems tough for Egypt. I could easily be missing something though : )

Updated triplea to version 1.2

Germany and Italy just need a unit present for the “mideast oil” objective and Italy must control the territories for the “Power Objective”.

Curious if there’s a reason why Japan shouldn’t attack France. Would only be a 3 dollar hit and gives them the ability to build infrastructure.

Anyway…Rock On

Changer.png

• This setup still has too much of an Axis tilt. The point about Japan attacking France is a good point. And I have had people mention this should have a Vichy rule.

US national objective for the homeland might go up to 15, and or the UK get some more units near Egypt (a fighter maybe)

@oztea yea was thinking with FIC you have it at 5 bucks as opposed to 10 in oob for the NO. I wonder if a negative bonus would be worth a thought ? maybe give them minus 3 or 5 if they attack ? Keeps the start money out of their pocket but still similar to oob pain wise.

Not sure how’d it workout. I usually whack France turn 1 oob anyway, because I like to build there as soon as I can. I’m not a very good player though, so it might not be the best move :relaxed:

• It would probably be convoluted to simply add a rule that Japan can’t attack FIC while Paris is still in Allied hands or it is a DoW on the allies. Even though, that only spares them about one turn. It adds a rule that is too situational. There has to be a more elegant way to handle it. I see that japan has little else to do for a while so attacking FIC is something they are going to do so they can just fill time, safely land a ton of guys in the region too. I don’t want to add negative national objectives, because that could spiral out of control with reasons to give other powers negative ones as well.

maybe another NO for US if FIC is attacked ? Some sort of “war scare” type thing ? I saw you mentioned US maybe getting a boost above.

Maybe give US 5 bucks if Japan attacks FIC ? When Japan and US are at war it goes away. Might have to fudge the number but it has a precedent with Germany getting dough when not at war with ussr. Even though it’s an unfriendly instead of friendly thing :)

• '21 '18 '16

we made some edits to the setup after playtesting. i’ve attached the file here
    1939oztea.tsvg

@seancb

Right on. I’m seeing W Germany with an additional 3 inf for a total of 4 and SZ 112 with a CA and 3 Subs as opposed to a DD and 2 Subs. Is that correct ? I’ll make a map option for these if so.

I also found some setup mistakes I made:
    Anhwe should have 4 inf total. Currently only have 1.
    UK and Kenya are each missing an artillery.
    France major needs to turn into a minor.
    Bessarabia should have no inf

I’ll fix these and do an update with your edits as an option. How is it playing out for you ?

• @barnee only just noticed this thread. Well done guys. Hope it works out.

@Wittmann heh heh

Hi Wtitmann :)

• I don’t habe the time these days. Otherwise, I would have trial played it with a friend.
    I do believe in keeping America wealthy, however , and would rather not see Egypt fall too easily.

@Wittmann

Your Gang should give it a go :)

@Wittmann said in Oztea's 1939 Global Setup:

I don’t habe the time these days. Otherwise, I would have trial played it with a friend.
    I do believe in keeping America wealthy, however , and would rather not see Egypt fall too easily.

heh heh it’s a fun game :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m