Feedback and questions for other players

• @DoManMacgee The backlash is from alot of sad, sad folks who think that $18 is a fortune and expect early access games to be polished Activision-level products from day one.

• @taamvan said in Feedback and questions for other players:

@DoManMacgee The backlash is from alot of sad, sad folks who think that $18 is a fortune and expect early access games to be polished Activision-level products from day one.

I mean, you’re not wrong.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I don’t know, somehow this seemed fitting…

FB_IMG_1565984466780.jpg

Saw it floating around as a meme in a nursing group of all places haha.

Recalled to mind the various A&A digital platforms that have come and gone. Maybe a cautionary lesson in there somewhere.

Best
    Elk

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@Black_Elk There are many similar phenomenon, where people will avidly buy an item that has been “discounted” from $8 to $6.99, where they will not purchase the same item that has had a price increase from $5 to $5.99.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Finally managed to lose a game, bringing me to something like 5-1 overall. I take back my previous praise of the dice server. I got diced to a ridiculously unrealistic level on R1. I Lost the battle for W. Russia despite bringing literally everything

I played the game out for like 4 rounds because my opponent wasn’t the most skilled player out there, but obviously ended up losing Moscow by G4. Bah.

Of course I’m just miffed about my “perfect record” going down the tubes due to dice, but at least there’s no ranking system, so it’s whatever.

Zooming Issue still hasn’t been fixed, as an aside.

UPDATE: 6-1 now. Lots of people like “deleting their game” instead of surrendering. No idea why since there’s no actual ranking system, but to each their own. No idea why people are rage-quitting after like turn 2/3. Games aren’t usually decided until like turn 4/5 unless it’s a curb-stomp (which none of my games have really been yet, save the one I lost).

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

@DoManMacgee said in Feedback and questions for other players:

Finally managed to lose a game, bringing me to something like 5-1 overall. I take back my previous praise of the dice server. I got diced to a ridiculously unrealistic level on R1. I Lost the battle for W. Russia despite bringing literally everything

I played the game out for like 4 rounds because my opponent wasn’t the most skilled player out there, but obviously ended up losing Moscow by G4. Bah.

If there is one major issue with 1942.2 and something that the tournament patch completely failed to address its this…

The R1 battles are way too consequential! The game hinges almost entirely on the results of the Ukraine and W. Russia openeing combats.

It’s why people are clamoring for a Bid or different rules or alternative scenarios. Without actually fixing this problem somehow, using a standardized solution that everyone can get behind, its going to be dead on arrival for many players, regardless of what else it has going on.

• Yeah dice are wonky. But getting diced is offset by the fact that when I am Axis I can sealion a solid 40% of the time G2. A lot of new players on there, but it seems like overall it’s getting better slowly.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Eh, it happens. Even G40 has the G1 Paris attack that’s an instant loss for the Axis if it goes badly.

Most of my “feedback” is done at this point until we get our next major update though. Hoping for general QoL improvements like shift+clicking to select all units from a territory or ctrl+clicking to select all of a single unit type. Moving large stacks around one unit at a time is annoying.

That, and the zoom-in with most phase changes. It’s annoying.

As someone pointed out in another thread, I think I’ve played more 42SE games in the last two weeks than I have in the entirety of the game’s lifespan thanks to tinkering around with this game.

• @DoManMacgee

Yeah there are some funky dice results. Worst one is they exacerbate the RNG problems by doing a multiplier–so in one battle they rolled 1,2,4,4,5,6 but the x6 marker fell on the 1 and 2, giving them 12/18 hits on 18 '2’s. Disappointing given how hard it would be to roll 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,4,4,4,5,6.

Some of the players are plenty good, its not really a good idea to let noobs on your team its better just to play the whole dang team yourself.

Still some problems with lag but already seeing improvement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m