AAZ Rule Question: Technology and Allies

• Technology (1) : ZIBRA suits.

If you are in an area containing X infantry units of an ally and this ally has this ZIBRA suits technology does this prevent X Zs to conduct their ‘Zs Attack’ attack (Phase 2)?

My guess: yes, because of the analogy with destroyers and subs.

Technology (2) : Z-4 Explosives

If you are defending and your ally that has one or more artillery units does your units hit Zs at a 5 or 6?
    As opposed to hitting them only at a die roll of 6.

My guess: Yes. As the artillery units of your ally take also part in this combat.

If you are attacking Zs in an area where your ally has artillery units do you still get this Z-4 bonus?

My guess: No. As the artillery units of your ally do not take part in the very combat.

Maybe again the submerged submarines analogy can be useful here. But - as in all cases - waiting for the official verdict.

PART TWO in a seperate post (see below).

• PART TWO:

Technology (3) : Chainsaw Tanks

I do not see any ‘sharing an area with your ally’ issues here.
    You only get this bonus for attacking tanks. As it says: when tanks end their combat movement.
    Tanks for an ally of course do not have a combat movement phase at that very moment.

Defending an area you share with an ally: then this bonus does not apply anyone.

Again: I do not see ally-related issues here. But maybe I missed something. Please post your views and ideas.

Technology (4) : AIR Dots
    Technology (5) : DN Convoys
    Technology (6) : ZMCR

I do not see ally-issues here. Again: please share your ideas and questions.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Good questions

1: Going to agree, yes. “Each of your infantry units present in battle prevents one zombie from attacking…”
    Even if another player’s turn prompted the attack, the “cancel(s)” is targeting zombies not helping a specific player… so the effect would benefit all players present.
    2. I dont think so, no. It says “While YOU have artillery present in a battle, YOUR units…” I think the “your” is referring only to units of the same color. It probably wouldn’t mean YOU in the first instance (the player who has the tech) in a different way than the use of YOUR in the second instance (your entire team, uk us and ussr)

• @taamvan said in AAZ Rule Question: Technology and Allies:

1. I dont think so, no. It says “While YOU have artillery present in a battle, YOUR units…” I think the “your” is referring only to units of the same color. It probably wouldn’t mean YOU in the first instance (the player who has the tech) in a different way than the use of YOUR in the second instance (your entire team, uk us and ussr)

This is about Technology 2: artillery

taamvan, you refer to the case of:

(1) I defend but one of my allies has artillery units present (and this technolgy)

OR

(2) I attack Zs in an area that also contains artillery units of one of my allies. And that ally has this technology.

It was not clear (for me at least) what specific situation you were refering too…

• @thrasher1 said in AAZ Rule Question: Technology and Allies:

PART TWO:

Technology (3) : Chainsaw Tanks

I do not see any ‘sharing an area with your ally’ issues here.
    You only get this bonus for attacking tanks. As it says: when tanks end their combat movement.
    Tanks for an ally of course do not have a combat movement phase at that very moment.

Defending an area you share with an ally: then this bonus does not apply anyone.

Again: I do not see ally-related issues here. But maybe I missed something. Please post your views and ideas.

This wasn’t stated by me in the best possible way. Sorry.

By ‘attacking tanks’ (see ITALICS above) I was refering to: your tanks that you use in an attack. You get the bonus ‘for’ these tanks.
    I was not refering to ‘attacking tanks’. As in: attacking enemy tanks.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@thrasher1 Yes I thought about this more

USA has Artillery Tech

Defenders;
    1 UK Inf 1 UK art
    1 US Inf 1 US art

The UK units would not gain the “5” rule, but the USA infantry and any other USA units present and defending would gain the benefit of the rule.

In your 2nd situation, there would be no bonus to the other color of attacking units, as they do not participate in attacks when it is not their turn

• @taamvan said in AAZ Rule Question: Technology and Allies:

@thrasher1 Yes I thought about this more

USA has Artillery Tech

Defenders;
    1 UK Inf 1 UK art
    1 US Inf 1 US art

The UK units would not gain the “5” rule, but the USA infantry and any other USA units present and defending would gain the benefit of the rule.

OK, so now the question to the creators of the game is: do you gain this bonus ‘from’ an ally when defending together? Or do only the units of the ally have this bonus (as they have this technology themselves)?
    Again: can we use the analogy with Subs & Destroyers here? If so: to what extend?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@thrasher1 I think no.

The analogy is not apt in my opinion. The tech only affects the player that has it. Destroyer abilities are blanket rules for all destroyers, regardless of color

• Technology (2) : Z-4 Explosives

If you are defending and your ally that has one or more artillery units does your units hit Zs at a 5 or 6?
    As opposed to hitting them only at a die roll of 6.

My guess: Yes. As the artillery units of your ally take also part in this combat.

If you are attacking Zs in an area where your ally has artillery units do you still get this Z-4 bonus?

My guess: No. As the artillery units of your ally do not take part in the very combat.

@Krieghund ,

Is this correct?

• Official Q&A

Whether attacking or defending, the benefit from Z-4 Explosives applies only to the units of the power(s) with that technology. It does not apply to the units of an ally.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m