• I am getting some clarifications from Larry. If he lets me post them ill do it here.

• 2007 AAR League

@Imperious:

I am getting some clarifications from Larry. If he lets me post them ill do it here.

Clarifications on what?  :-P
    The bomber rule or…?

• everything…

unit values and costs

technology

order of play

optional rules

victory conditions

• @Imperious:

everything…

unit values and costs

technology

order of play

optional rules

victory conditions

:-o

If he doesn’t let you post em, give it to me and I’ll post it!!  :evil:

• Naw i cant do that. Or i get cut off forever. Id rather have something than nothing.

• There are a few interesting differences from the map pictures:

• Japan is now surrounded by a single SZ, instead of the 2 in Revised. This allows for US bombers to attack any ships there and land on that new Russian territory adjacent to SFE and Bur.
    • Japan has a lot of hard choices to make: to take out the 7 inf Russian stack on Buryatia (after moves on R1) or to prevent Manchuria from falling to the Russians; to take Borneo/E. Indies/Phillipines; to hit Pearl; plus Burma/HK/China
    • Egypt is tougher to crack for G1: running a calc gives G 73% odds of conquering it, where before 2 inf 2 arm 1 bmr gave it 95% odds.
    • The Italians seem to have 2 choices: either reinforce Egypt or try to retake it in the case of a UK counterattack, or do the same for the Ukraine. Which would open the way for a German tank rush on Caucasus…i guess that’s why there’s no German INF on Austria, otherwise they could be moved to Rom/Bulg and the G transport on the Med could be used to lift INF for that attack on the Caucasus.
    • G has the option of making an attack on Kar on G1 using the Finnish INF and the transport, plus all of the Luftwaffe, but the AA makes it risky. It can really pay off though because it secures the Baltic countries from any Russian counterattack.

• And the Russian front presents a nice breakdown as well :)

E. Poland is probably one of the key territories for G to hold: it allows to hit and turn  Bal/BR/NUkr/Ukr into dead zones. BR and NUkr are essential to threaten Russia: hold BR and Karelia is lost unless the UK lands units there; hold NUkr and Caucasus turns into a dead zone.
    Plenty of options…G can either go for Karelia or Caucasus or Bielo/NUkr or a combination of the 3… just like the original Barbarossa.

• @LT04:

With this new bomber rule I think I may bring back the old Paratrooper house rule.  I only say that b/c I may buy bombers now.

Paratroopers are one of the Chart A techs now. Chart A deals with infantry, armour and artillery-based techs, and Chart B deals with naval and air-based techs. This allows, for example, Russia to roll for weapon developments without risking naval ones that it can’t use.

• So we will have not the possibility to select wich tech to research, like in revised? Tech will be random like tech in Classic edition?

Mmm…

• @Hobbes:

There are a few interesting differences from the map pictures:

• Japan is now surrounded by a single SZ, instead of the 2 in Revised. This allows for US bombers to attack any ships there and land on that new Russian territory adjacent to SFE and Bur.
    • Japan has a lot of hard choices to make: to take out the 7 inf Russian stack on Buryatia (after moves on R1) or to prevent Manchuria from falling to the Russians; to take Borneo/E. Indies/Phillipines; to hit Pearl; plus Burma/HK/China
    • Egypt is tougher to crack for G1: running a calc gives G 73% odds of conquering it, where before 2 inf 2 arm 1 bmr gave it 95% odds.
    • The Italians seem to have 2 choices: either reinforce Egypt or try to retake it in the case of a UK counterattack, or do the same for the Ukraine. Which would open the way for a German tank rush on Caucasus…i guess that’s why there’s no German INF on Austria, otherwise they could be moved to Rom/Bulg and the G transport on the Med could be used to lift INF for that attack on the Caucasus.
    • G has the option of making an attack on Kar on G1 using the Finnish INF and the transport, plus all of the Luftwaffe, but the AA makes it risky. It can really pay off though because it secures the Baltic countries from any Russian counterattack.

The single seazone around Japan deters even more invading Russia and trying to achieve its historical objectives.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m