Checklists for Dummies (AARHE 4.0)

• Here is Italy’s NA.  I’ve taken all graphics off.

Italy 1-9.doc
    Italy 10-18.doc
    Italy back 2.doc

• Just do what you can a little each day. Also id make the paragraphs so the lines are justified equally rather than left justification.

so you got this:

–-----

try to get this:

its easier to read and just takes a second to format.

• Actually, that’s how they are formatted on my end  :?  I’ll see what’s up.

• IL: Completed National Advantage Player Card Format - Germany

Here you go.  The graphics have been removed and text formatted.

It only allows 3 posts???  Then the NAs will be sent over 6 posts

Germany 1-9.doc
    Germany 10-18.doc
    Germany Back.doc

• Completed National Advantage Player Card Format - Italy

Italy 1-9.doc
    Italy 10-18.doc
    Italy back 2.doc

• Completed National Advantage Player Card Format - Russia

Russia back 2.doc
    Soviet Union 1-9.doc
    Soviet Union 10-18.doc

• Completed National Advantage Player Card Format - Japan

Japan 1-9.doc
    Japan 10-18.doc
    Japan back 2.doc

• Completed National Advantage Player Card Format - UK

UK 1-9.doc
    UK 10-18.doc
    UK back 2.doc

• Completed National Advantage Player Card Format - US

US 1-9.doc
    US10-18.doc
    US back.doc

• Stuck in Seattle for a couple days, so I didn’t see these until today.  These are really a great addition!  I was using chips with taped on numbers which was a pain – so this will be a serious upgrade, since the players won’t have to look them up.  Very nice.

Thanks for the effort!

• Working on the NA Index and need a clarification

11. Alpen Festung During combat German units can retreat to a virtual territory. All retreating units are converted to Infantry to resemble a true guerrilla campaign fought in the mountains of the Alps.

virtual territory is confusing, at least to the first time reader.  Is it any German occupied territory or an off board and separate?  Please explain.

Furthermore the Allies do not gain the income of Germany even if it’s subsequently captured by them.

“the income of Germany” would indicate German’s capital.  If not, why do they get Germany’s $$ unless its only the IPC of that territory captured.

To take the income Allies must capture the virtual territory and must score two hits in combat to destroy one land unit.

the way its worded capturing the virtual territory and scoring two hits are separate activities.  What if you take the territory but don’t score two hits?  Or do you take the territory and any defending units require two hits to destroy?

• @Imperious:

Yes the rules actually allow this anyway, but the way they are versed is not clear. I know it says “if the defender retreats in full the attacker must enter the vacated territory with at least 1 unit”…. but me and tekkyy had a long talk about this and i wanted to seek your council on the issue.

I don’t really like the idea of allocating 20 units to attack a territory over a 4-6 month period…and defeating the defender but the prize is secured by one unit?

Agreed.  This needs to be rethought out.  It bogs the game down with just 1 infantry patrolling all the borders.  Huge armies are used to crush the country, but then everyone retreats and 1 sacrificial infantry is used as a buffer state to protect your cities and high value assets.

Need to get some discussion up on this one.  I really have enjoyed the idea of retreating after attacking, but I think it is used too often to avoid conflict and protect pieces.

• Hehe it wouldn’t have been a long talk between me and IL on “that” issue if we didn’t both have good points.

Basically I found it unrealistic for defender’s choice in “retreat decision” to enforce attacker’s choices.
    If attacker can retreat, why can’t they retreat just because the defender has retreated? Battles are not always for the capture of the territory, it can be purely for destruction of enemy forces.

IL found it unrealistic as it doesn’t fit history. Its not usual for an area to be vacated like what is allowed by our rule.

In the end we just made it you have to leave one unit behind “to capture”.

To be honest I think the issue is due to another unrealistic aspect of Axis and Allies. You should require a certain number of land units in order to capture a territory. At last talk we decided not to introduce another rule yet.

• I’m resubmitting this before I get pushed too far down the post ladder.

Working on the NA Index and need a clarification

11. Alpen Festung  During combat German units can retreat to a virtual territory. All retreating units are converted to Infantry to resemble a true guerrilla campaign fought in the mountains of the Alps.

Virtual territory is confusing, at least to the first time reader.  Is it any German occupied territory or off board and separate?  Please explain.

Furthermore the Allies do not gain the income of Germany even if it’s subsequently captured by them.

“the income of Germany” would indicate that “it’s subsequently captured by them.” referr’s to German’s capital not the virtual territory.  If so, suggest replacing “its” with “Germany’s capital”.  Ifnot, does the virtual territory represent the capital?  If so, we should call it as such, not a territory.

To take the income Allies must capture the virtual territory and must score two hits in combat to destroy one land unit.

the way its worded “capturing the virtual territory and scoring two hits” are separate activities.  Can you take the territory but don’t score two hits?  Or do you take the territory and any defending units require two hits to destroy?  if so, suggest rewording to:

“To take the income Allies must capture the virtual territory.  Defending land units require two hits to destroy.”

Trust us, the rule lawyers seeing this for the first time will convert it to their advantage unless its specific.

11. Alpen Festung  During combat German units can retreat to a virtual territory. All retreating units are converted to Infantry to resemble a true guerrilla campaign fought in the mountains of the Alps.

Virtual territory is confusing, at least to the first time reader.  Is it any German occupied territory or off board and separate?  Please explain.

It can be the same territory to physically place the units. Or you can use Switzerland space. Its like that dotted line separating Poland and Germany in 1939 map. Its one territory to the original occupier, but if the enemy enters they are coexisting the territory with you.

“the income of Germany” would indicate that “it’s subsequently captured by them.” referr’s to German’s capital not the virtual territory.  If so, suggest replacing “its” with “Germany’s capital”.  Ifnot, does the virtual territory represent the capital?  If so, we should call it as such, not a territory.

The portion occupied by Germans gets the IPC of the entire territory, So the allies don’t get to build anything in Germany until they remove all the german units. Meanwhile Germany gets the income ( minus SBR, deductions for combat rounds etc)

the way its worded “capturing the virtual territory and scoring two hits” are separate activities.  Can you take the territory but don’t score two hits?  Or do you take the territory and any defending units require two hits to destroy?  if so, suggest rewording to:

“To take the income Allies must capture the virtual territory.  Defending land units require two hits to destroy.”

Trust us, the rule lawyers seeing this for the first time will convert it to their advantage unless its specific.

yes thats fine. Ill ask tekkyy to make that change.

• “To take the income Allies must capture the virtual territory.  Defending land units require two hits to destroy.”

ok I put in your rewrite now

• Here is an example set up chart for eveyone’s preview.  Each nation will have their map section in the background.

The turn sequence on the left needs to be changed.  I’ll do that as soon a Beirwagan finishes the outline so we are the same.

View:  http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e9a26b9e5e821f80d2db6fb9a8902bda

• WOW! that is very impressive. I will get to work on the background sheets. So just make at a patient pace and we will have the final product that will be even more impressive.

good job!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m