Naval modifications questions and ideas.

• @SS-GEN To be honest, I have not given that aspect any thought at all, as I have had no chance to playtest this out in an actual game, and so don’t know if that is a good/bad idea, and what level of detail folks are going to want to do too have to keep track of.

The other thing I’m working on, is doing a YouTube video, and showing what I have in mind for construction times. The game is at so an abstracted level at the moment, that I want to add things in, but still want to ‘kiss’ as much as possible, and what I have in mind might just be popular if easy enough to implement.

• You looking for a bigger map ? 30" x 50" image1(6).png

Its a bit different the out box game

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

@CrazyIvan said in Naval modifications questions and ideas.:

@SS-GEN To be honest, I have not given that aspect any thought at all, as I have had no chance to playtest this out in an actual game, and so don’t know if that is a good/bad idea, and what level of detail folks are going to want to do too have to keep track of.

The other thing I’m working on, is doing a YouTube video, and showing what I have in mind for construction times. The game is at so an abstracted level at the moment, that I want to add things in, but still want to ‘kiss’ as much as possible, and what I have in mind might just be popular if easy enough to implement.

That’s why I post those numbers in an earlier posts about a 4 hit BB getting A and D @4 for every round with damage until killed is just way to strong. Just saying.

OK Talk soon.

• '19

@SS-GEN That is a very nice map, except for the table over S. America. Where is that from? My own thoughts, are centered on a re-release of Classic, in what I’m calling “Classic: Colossal”, which would basically be the original game board, but blown up and printed across three regular boards. I have a poor man’s design concept on my desktop as we speak, let me post it here. Just a sec…

Here we go.
    Classic:Colossal

A much bigger map, by my guesstimates, somewhere right around 36" by 60", so 3’ X 5’, which will fit nicely onto my gaming table (Once I get off my @ss and build it) of 36" by 96", or 3’ X 8’.

I should probably explain some things.
    In the first image on the left hand side, is a scale image of a regular board, that I’m loosely assigning 11" X 20", while the other, three new sections, 12" X 20". And when unfolded the classic comes out at ~ 33" X 20" for the original, and 36" X 60" for the combined new “Colossal” version. Looking just at the territories controlled by Germany, in scale to the Original, there is something above 3 times the surface area on the game board, so no more overcrowding. One thing I didn’t do, yet, is remove the blow up boxes. With the board being 3 times bigger, I see no need for them anymore!

• Ya Like my 5’ x 12’ custom tables. Have 2

image1(1).png

• @SS-GEN OMG!!! That is awesome! And you have two of these? And I thought I was a fanatical tabletop/boardgamer, lol.

• @CrazyIvan said in Naval modifications questions and ideas.:

@SS-GEN OMG!!! That is awesome! And you have two of these? And I thought I was a fanatical tabletop/boardgamer, lol.

Yes 2 of them.
    Now maybe you’ll get your table done!!! lol

• @SS-GEN Heh heh heh, I’ll still be limited, like the Panama Canal, to a maximum size that will work in my home. I live in an apartment, and floorspace is at a premium, so even if I build one that allows it to fold up against the wall, its still going to be no more than 3’ deep, and 8’ long.

{Suffers terminal case of “Gaming table envy”}

• '19

As I understand it, the G40 map is what, 32" by 70"? So if I get that next month, it will fit, but not with any other maps being able to be setup at the same time.

• @CrazyIvan said in Naval modifications questions and ideas.:

@SS-GEN Heh heh heh, I’ll still be limited, like the Panama Canal, to a maximum size that will work in my home. I live in an apartment, and floorspace is at a premium, so even if I build one that allows it to fold up against the wall, its still going to be no more than 3’ deep, and 8’ long.

{Suffers terminal case of “Gaming table envy”}

Totally agree on the room size. Been there. 3 x 5 be good room fpr stuff and dice towers or boxes on ends.

K gotta go. Post in morning.

• @SS-GEN See ya, and thanks!

• This is what I would start with game. This is based on Cost to punch of pieces.
    Some may disagree but W E. It works in my game but I use D12 dice so its easier to get cost real close to the pieces hit value and such compared to D6 system. This is just a generic table. The Super carrier is not in game but gave a Carrier 3 figs. Non of this is based on Damages per capital ship neither.

BB C18 A4 1.56 D4 1.56 2 hits
    H CR C10 A3 .72 D3 .72
    L CR C9 A2 .59 D2 .59
    DD C7 A1 .49 D1 .49
    SS C8 A2 .76 D1 .38 FS No Destroyer, Sub gets FS shot with no return shot.
    TR C8 A0 D1 .38 This is pretty strong defense.
    CAR C20 A1 .32 D2 .62 2 hits 3 figs.
    L Car C10 A1 .24 D1 .24 1 fig

As you can see it will take 2 H CR to sink a BB and 3 L CR or 3 DD to sink a BB.
    Sub is always strong on A for Surprise Strike.

• '19

I did a combined table, along with extrapolations of bigger carriers and battleships.

Ship Type COST ATT DEF MOVE HTK NOTES
    TR 8 0 1 2 1
    SS 8 2 2 2 1
    DD 6 1 1 2 1
    CL 12 2 2 2 2
    CA 18 3 3 2 3
    BB 24 4 4 2 4
    SB 30 5 5 2 5 *
    JN 36 6 6 2 6 **
    CVL 9 1 1 2 1 1
    CV 18 2 2 2 2 2
    CVA 27 3 3 2 3 3***
    SCVA 36 4 4 2 4 4****

I’m really tired right now, so probably not thinking to clearly at the moment.

• The Super Battleship
      ** The Juggernaut, the ultimate for Fleet core defense.
      *** The CVA is a more advanced carrier.
      **** The Super CVA is the ultimate carrier.

And now I am really needing some sleep…

• The issue I have is with all the hits ships can take.

May still work. Give me some time. Do the ships that take hits get to A and D at same values when damaged ?
    I’m saying does a 3 damaged BB still A and D at 4 ?

• Just need an answer to last post. Then I don’t need to look at 2 huge charts

• @SS-GEN said in Naval modifications questions and ideas.:

The issue I have is with all the hits ships can take.

Yeah, I’m trying to make the navies a bit tougher a customer, but not sure that I’m not over doing it.

@SS-GEN said in Naval modifications questions and ideas.:

May still work. Give me some time. Do the ships that take hits get to A and D at same values when damaged ?
    I’m saying does a 3 damaged BB still A and D at 4 ?

I’m not sure, didn’t have a chance to work on this last night, and been up all night trying to find my wallet. Just got called by my lyft driver, he has the wallet, and on his way to return it, now I can sleep! Or at least, once I get the wallet back.

Oh boy. I will post 2 charts with dam ships keeping same A D and one with AD dropping 1 number per damage.
    Remember for the money cost some ships you have listed will never be bought

• '19

Right now, I’m struggling to stay awake long enough to get my wallet back, So I cannot really think straight. After work tonight, I’m going to try to run through some combat situations and see how they work.

I’m hoping that air forces cannot just wipe out navies with impunity, but also don’t intend to make navies invencible, either.

• @SS-GEN Right now, the only game I’m getting to play is TripleA’s version of classic against computers, and they almost never buy BB, except the USA, and that might just because I have the setting turned on for 2 hit BB and auto repair at start of turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m