[House Rules] Should allies receive a bid?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@seancb

Go win a national live tournament then run your piehole

• '21 '18 '16

I’m usually lurking around Triple A on most days as it helps pass the time at work when you just babysit machines all day. I’ll run my piehole until someone shuts it. So put on your big boy panties and look me up, PM me when you want to play a game. Maybe we don’t get it all in one setting but we can save and finish later. I think about 12 hours of game play would do it for either side.
    I’ll be waiting.
    PS: I don’t really care if I win or lose, I play for fun, but I’m ready to put this myth to bed that the Allies can’t win without a huge bid. I’ll take 16 which is about normal for our group. Come and destroy me if you can bud.

• @seancb at 16 bid i will beat your ass 2 out 3 times minimum even at live triple a games

• '21 '18 '16

Everyone is so touchy. I love it. @Oyster. Your on bud. Find me on Triple A tomorrow. Same screen name. I don’t have to hide behind an alias. PM me if you want. We can play a networked game directly. Anytime little fella. You won’t be beating anyone’s ass especially mine. Never seen you in the Triple A lobby. Unless you got some other name there keyboard tiger.
    Sean

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Your manners are well suited to dealing with machines. You can play some of the best AIs in Tripple A by setting all the opposing players to computer AI, I suggest you do so in order to find an opponent who can tolerate you.

• '21 '18 '16

Wow?! I set down a challenge, and I all receive is an underhanded insult about my play level. The only game I play against the AI is Eastern Front. It has some of the best XML code written by Veqryn.

I’ll only address your insult because I want you to know my skill level.
    I’ve been playing 1940 since it was released. We got the Pacific version first then the Europe version when it was released. That being said I’m not sure how you could have much more experience than myself. I’ve been playing some iteration of this game since 1991. I’ve also played World in Flames, ASL and all the other grognard type games. So, no I’m not some noob.

The challenge still stands. I’m not a troll, so this will be the last time I call your A&A Girl Scout division to the table.
    Sean…

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@seancb Ive read your tedious curriculum vitae and so feel that you owe me those few moments of my life back. I never questioned your obvious inexperience in dealing with other humans or that you may have, from time to time, played with plastic army men and hoped that someday you could be beaten by the best. That time has not yet come, as many of us prefer smoreys tournaments and the spontaneity of live play to your consultations with the battle calc or a coterie of internet stooges who can advise you of the best move as they stand over your shoulder.

• '21 '18 '16

I about pi$$ed myself laughing. This has all been worth it. Maybe some day you’ll bring your self to Texas and we can set up a game of Risk or Candyland for you there Minivan
    Sean

• '21 '18 '16

You need to take your meds man. It’s just a game. My challenge still stands. Come school me Obi Wan. Oyster did show up today. Alas, I had already started a game. I hope he comes to play tomorrow. As for you Minivan, I’ll play you next. See you round ladies!
    Sean

• @seancb, i think you should join the League.
    Play a few games to see wich Tier you belong to.
    Maybe play a few high Tier Players and get your confidence settled once and for all.

To me it sounds like you want to mess with the best.
    League should be the way to go for you.
    Looks like you ran out of competitive Players online.
    Grab your chance here.😉

• '21 '18 '16

I always want to play the best. To be good, you gotta play the good ones. Steal their tricks, and use em against them. I also like to look through the old games posted here. I don’t see any devastating Axis plays that we haven’t already tried. What I do see is a lack of good allied counters.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@seancb I’m glad I made you smile as that was the point of all this posturing. I really do encourage you to go to Gencon, the live games and camaraderie are just amazing. I really dislike Tripple A for a variety of reasons, but would admit that the play is of the highest level since it can draw in the entire world audience, unlimited time means players who won’t travel can join and the best moves can be considered at length, consultation with game aides etc. That’s why the league shows such an Axis bias. Its chess with army men. See you at Gencon.

• '17

I have figured out the extra Global House Rules. Real nice touch guys. Also, at this moment (17:58 US Eastern Time) on triplea there is a certain individual who acknowledged my presence though has not said why he won’t accept my challenge. Hmm…who could that be?

• @Ichabod Crickets! That’s all you hear is crickets. lol

• '21 '18 '16

Ichabod. I will be in the lobby at 0800 central USA time. Ready for ya! Unless a save shows up first. Damn it won’t stop raining here!

• '17

@seancb

I will be going to work at 0800 central (0900 EST).

Evening time around 6:30 PM EST I’m usually back and settled in. I’ll be on around that time.

• '21 '18 '16

Evenings hard due to the older kid and baby. maybe a Saturday morning we can launch one off for a few hours. At least until the wife starts griping!

• '17

@seancb said in [House Rules] Should allies receive a bid?:

one more thing, I’ll take a 16 bid

We actually have 1 game completed (if you concede it). Looking forward to another…waiting in the lobby right now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m