• I just went down to Kinkos, and got them to print off the 5 and a half by 3 feet map from bionic donkeys (http://bionicdonkeys.com/iWeb/A%26A map/Axis %26 Allies game map.html). They are also gonna laminate it for me, should be ready by Monday, so I’ll have a picture to show everyone of it. I can’t wait.

• I’d be interested to know what they charge to do that - mind sharing?

• Not to be picky… but
    MozamBique is misspelled on that map

It’s a very nice map.

• If its kinko’s it cant be more than $7.50.  :evil:

(that brings back memories…)

• I just checked with Kwik Kopy and they want $157 printed and laminated!

• Ouch! for that price I would go with the $35 + shipping he wants.

• Yeah its expensive, but I live in Australia so to get that shipped is probably not going to happen, and if it did the wait would be like months. Even if I could ship it to Australia, after you factor in shipping costs, and then the costs to get it laminated, then your looking at something like 100 Australian dollars at least. Now thats a alot cheaper than Kinkos still, up at 190 Australian dollars. So yes it boils down to the fact that I am an impatient person, who’d prefer to wait his 3 days rather than his 3 months.

• @captainjack:

I just checked with Kwik Kopy and they want $157 printed and laminated!

My local Kinkos told me $180

• I don’t have a Kinko’s within 100 miles of here so I am going to try Staples.

I will post the cost when I find out.

LT

• I was just on the Staples web site and they advertise 36’’ by 50’’ laminated printing.  If you reduce the size by 25% it might drop the price dramatically.

I hate to do that but if that means they can do it there vs. having to ship the info out it may be worth it.

LT

• @LT04:

I was just on the Staples web site and they advertise 36’’ by 50’’ laminated printing.  If you reduce the size by 25% it might drop the price dramatically.

I hate to do that but if that means they can do it there vs. having to ship the info out it may be worth it.

LT

Reduce it - no way… who need the Eastern US anyways??    :lol:

• Hmmm I just came across a bit of a problem, stupid really, but none of my tables fit the dimensions! Except the one siting outside in the patio. I think I will have to get the map size reduced. I have one fat table so its fine wide ways, but is just under 4-8 feet long, and I need 5 and a half feet! The other table is long, but just under 3 feet wide. So when you factor in the 5mm on either side of the lamination, the map will be just over 3 feet, which means the sides of the map will be hanging over the edge of the table. You think I should worry about that? That the sides will hang over the edge just a little? I mean I think it’d be nice to play the game, and lean with one hand on the edge of the table without fearing that you will tip the map. I better fix this quick before they process the order.

• Hmmm, oh well, I will just go ahead with this one, I think if I screw around with the pixel size it will not look the same. Is that right? I mean I just reduced the pixel size then on my computer to make the map smaller, and it doesn’t look at good. I know the more pixels you have in a smaller area the better, but when you reduce pixel size from a previous size it doesn’t look at good, is that right?

• :|
    I wonder if the cost would be less if you had them make it in 3 pieces instead of the one large piece.
    Then have them mounted on foamboards. you can then tape them together on the back of the boards so that they can be folded up for easy storage.
    I have used cardboard cutting boards for other maps, these are used by seamstresses/tailors. They have pressed seams in them for folding already. I imagine that you can get them from most any store that sells fabric and sewing materials. :wink:

• Yeah good point Ivan, but with laminated boards, you can just as easily roll em up and put em away. The only negative to this is that without holding the board down you can’t prevent it from curling up. I think blue-tack will solve this easily however…

• I got it, the original size 3 feet by 5 and a half feet. Looks awesome! It actually ended up fitting my table somehow, maybe those dogs down at Kinko sneakily reduced the size by an inch. Nonetheless I am happy, they said three days, and it was ready today, so only a day wait. Anyways I attached my picture for all those who’d like to view.

CIMG1040 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1041 (Medium).JPG

• If you buy the map off of the website, does it come laminated?

• yes

• '11

That is a sweet map and it’s great that you have so much more room to play with on the European front, which is the most needed. I think I’ll save my pennies for the A&A Anniversary Edition.

• Ohhhh, that map is sexy! :-D
    Please don’t tell my wife I said that :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m