• Does the Panzer IV Commander tank’s commander ability “command ruthless” have any effect on the Veteran Tiger or Elite Panzer?

• Yes it would.

But at 45 pts, you are not going to be able to buy a whole lot of anything to support that command tank.

I think the W.E. Sniper Headshot is probably the best combo to pair with the german command tank (though, again, expensive) as it assures you have a disrupted tank to actually use Ruthless on!

Probably still not worth the points.

• @Motdc:

Yes it would.

But at 45 pts, you are not going to be able to buy a whole lot of anything to support that command tank.

I think the W.E. Sniper Headshot is probably the best combo to pair with the german command tank (though, again, expensive) as it assures you have a disrupted tank to actually use Ruthless on!

Probably still not worth the points.

45 pnts Command tnk
    18 pnt Elite Pnzr
    18 pnt Elite Pnzr

That leaves 44 pnts for infrantry support in my 125 pnt game.

• Ah, that’s cheating  :-D  I was talkin 'bout 100 pt games

• '19 Moderator

@Half-Track:

45 pnts Command tnk
    18 pnt Elite Pnzr
    18 pnt Elite Pnzr

+Expert Sniper and Griz vet

I’d like to see what would happen just for fun.

• Good chance that you’d never get to deploy that Griz vet in a decent location.

Like most really tank-heavy builds, they live or die by the map you get.

Urban Combat would shut you down VS 10 Inf and misc support unit.

Get Tiger Heaven and you might have a field-day.

• '19 Moderator

Well with tiger heaven I’d just add another E Pzr, but if you don’t know what map…

• Map is Tiger Heaven.

Germany Vs Soviets.

• I got it

Commander Pnzr 45 pnts
    Vet Tiger          65 pnts
    Ammo Depot      10 pnts
    Mauser              3 pnts
    Fortress Defendr  2 pnts

Total 125

While attacking a disrupted unit w/Vet Tiger, all dice would count, “one’s” get reroled and you have another approx 85% success of hitting.  All total it’s over 90% success ratio.  Almost always a hit and Vet Tiger throws alot of dice.

Replace Vet Tiger with 3X elite pnzr and it’s another killer army.  You can add 11 pnts more of infantry… another 3X mauser + another Fortress Defendr

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m