• Interesting

• '19 Moderator

LOL, years ago I had a neighbor that would leave his flag out in the rain and at night etc.  When ever I saw it in the rain I would go steal it.

Well… it made sence at the time, it was also usualy after a few beers…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, you can display the flag at night, provided it is illuminated.  So a street lamp across the street would give you the permission to fly the flag at night.

Used to be that they light had to be dedicated to lighting the flag.

BTW, I apologize, this topic COULD be classified as “political” since it is American Congressional codes and legislation we are talking about.  I hope the admins and mods forgive the political nature of the post due to it’s intent to inform the public, not to make a political statement.

Anyway, I’d ask everyone to take a moment to think about the veterans today and what our nation originally stood for on this remembrance of our Independence.

And as always, be safe!  (and if you get drunk, there are plenty of organizations out there that will bring you and your vehicle home for you, so please don’t drive drunk!)

• @dezrtfish:

LOL, years ago I had a neighbor that would leave his flag out in the rain and at night etc.  When ever I saw it in the rain I would go steal it.

Well… it made sence at the time, it was also usualy after a few beers…

I can totally see you stealing a flag. Take that for whatever it’s worth. :lol:

• This is the type of stuff they are working on?  Sheesh…talk about busybodies.

• @Jermofoot:

This is the type of stuff they are working on?  Sheesh…talk about busybodies.

This might be political, but I agree with that statement…it sums up my POV.

“Law makers” (local/state/federal) should spend a year or two instead going through the law books and finding ones to get rid of, not inventing even more crap to justify their existance.

@Motdc:

@Jermofoot:

“Law makers” (local/state/federal) should spend a year or two instead going through the law books and finding ones to get rid of, not inventing even more crap to justify their existance.

Amen.

There was a law written almost 4000 years ago that was summarized into 10 laws and those were the only laws.  Much easier for everyone to know the law and live by the law!

Granted, many find issue with the first three of those laws, the laws themselves are not the point, the brevity and proliferation of knowledge of the laws is admirable at the very least.

Honestly, if it is not in the first three articles of the Constitution nor is it in the Bill of Rights or other Amendments of said Constitution, then it should not be a law.  In my humble opinion.

But we do digress into politics and should cease.  The post was originally to raise awareness of new procedures put down by the 110th Congress in regards to Flag etiquette.  (About the only thing the 110th Congress has done right so far, in my opinion.  After all, they are to blame for the messes this nation faces, Congress is ALWAYS to blame for the messes!)

• @Cmdr:

@Motdc:

@Jermofoot:

Amen.

There was a law written almost 4000 years ago that was summarized into 10 laws and those were the only laws.  Much easier for everyone to know the law and live by the law!

Granted, many find issue with the first three of those laws, the laws themselves are not the point, the brevity and proliferation of knowledge of the laws is admirable at the very least.

Honestly, if it is not in the first three articles of the Constitution nor is it in the Bill of Rights or other Amendments of said Constitution, then it should not be a law.  In my humble opinion.

But we do digress into politics and should cease.  The post was originally to raise awareness of new procedures put down by the 110th Congress in regards to Flag etiquette.  (About the only thing the 110th Congress has done right so far, in my opinion.  After all, they are to blame for the messes this nation faces, Congress is ALWAYS to blame for the messes!)

Damn graven image carvers! Even when they said it was Al Queda, I knew it was them!

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

The Code of Ur-Nammu is the oldest known tablet containing a law code surviving today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Ur-Nammu

The Bible chapter that contains the Ten Commandments (Exodus) follows the recitation of the Commandments with a complete set of legal rules, which are based on the “eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth” legal philosophy of Hammurabi’s Code.

According to the Bible, it was in approximately 1,300 BC that Moses received a list of ten laws directly from God. These laws were known as the Ten Commandments and were transcribed as part of the Book of Moses, which later became part of the Bible.

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalResources/LawMuseum/tabid/345/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/44/The-Timetable-of-World-Legal-History.aspx

Once again your lack of research betrays your motives. Not only were you off on the date of Mosaic Law by 700 years but there were also many more laws than just 10. And they were just cheap knock offs from Hammurabi’s laws that were codified about 400 years earlier.

• Not to mention that there were more than 10, and they can be found in 2 different locations in the Bible (with various differences): http://members.cox.net/deleyd/religion/tencommandments.html

But if we want to discuss borrowing ideas, Jesus sounds damn near like Mithras.  A beautiful concept though…proselytizing through assimilation.  Has worked wonderfully.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m