Entire collection has to go…

• Sale is Closed! Thanks everyone!

~~I’ve been tempted to sell the collection in the past due to philosiphical differences with WotC, but my situation has changed and I feel I need to bite the bullet and really try to sell the collection:

I have a minimum of 2 cases of every set (so thats 14 cases).  I’ve purchased misc boosters etc and purchesed a fair amount on eBay as well.  Out of all 7 sets I am missing only a couple of units for complete sets of everything.  I’m looking for someone who wants it ALL.

Asking 600 dollars, I’m sure you could re-sell on eBay for a thousand.

Any intereset?

Mot~~

• Mot,

Sorry to see this day, but I can undestand the frustrations.  Despite WoC, I have enough to play for the rest of my life so it doesn’t matter much what they do.

I’ve big interest in your offer but it is a tight year as I’ve gone back to school instead of working.  I’ll count up my change and ask you about this later.  In the mean time if you have the opportunity to sell them succesfully elsewhere, get the money as it will take me a couple of months to count that high.

• I’m still on the fence on the various WotC-induced issues.  I’m just having job “issues” and I’m tightening the belt, so to speak.  Still hope to play here online with everyone.  I considered compromising with myslef actually and picking up Tide of Iron by Fantasy Flight as a lower-cost alternative.  Anyone out there played it?

• I would be interested in spliting this with someone. One case of each and we could figure out what to do with the sets.

• or would you take $400?

• '19 Moderator

lol, you realize that this set probably cost him over $1200 right?

• Dezrtfish is quite right and I think that Motdc’s offer of $600 is quite generous.

Lionpack, if we were to split this after the purchase how would you like to do it.  I’m primarily interested in the German, and Commonwealth (Brit, Canadian, Australian) pieces.  If you were more interested in the pacific theater we could split it that way.

• I should take some pictures of it all if I can hijack my wifes camera.  It’s probably as close to as inventory as I have time to come up with.  Though I can attempt to answer any specific querstions.  Assume I have 6 to 8 of each inf type, 3 or 4 of each artillery type, 3 or 4 or each commander or hero type.  2 to 4 of each Uncommon vehicle.  1 or 2 of each rare, though more depending on playability.  (For example, the Cromwell, being the stick Med tank of the British, I collected more of them so that I could create 100 pt builds).  The same concepts apllies thrioughout.  If a unit is sucky and not likley to be present in large qtys, but units such as the Elite Panzer IV D I have 5 because you can get 5 in a 100 pt build.  I haven’t been as thorough with my organization of the North Africa and 39-45 sets.  Some of them are still bagged I think.  But for those sets I purches 2 cases of 39-45 and 3 (dups) of NA (though I used WotC customer support to get the missing rares).  I also picked up via eBay a set of commons and uncommons from NA that I haven’t sorted through.  Blah, blah, you get the idea.

• Sorry to get off topic I have been out of the loop for some time (work, my wife had our baby…) What did WotC do to upset people the way they have?

LT

• I’ll PM you just to keep this thread on topic.

• 2007 AAR League

hey, if you guys are buying the whole let, Ild be willing to purchase some of the units piece meal off you guys. I mostly play US.

• @Motdc:

I’m still on the fence on the various WotC-induced issues.  I’m just having job “issues” and I’m tightening the belt, so to speak.  Still hope to play here online with everyone.  I considered compromising with myslef actually and picking up Tide of Iron by Fantasy Flight as a lower-cost alternative.  Anyone out there played it?

I’ve played Tide of Iron and didn’t like it. I think the map/terrain system and components is terrific. I didn’t much like the gameplay or the pieces. It has some of the same problems I have with AAM. (Too big and too small at the same time.) The machine gun crews on ‘overwatch’ seemed WAAYYY to powerful.

I was underwhelmed.

• hmmm…that’s too bad…

• Of course, on second thought, I like AAM so if ToI and AAM are are “comparably bad” maybe I’d like ToI?  Which, between the two, is better?

• Back onto topic:

To answer the question I was PMed:

Shipping is not included, but unlike eBay, the shipping is what the shipping is.  Worst thing about eBay is people lining their wallets by charging 3 dollars to ship something when the postage is really $1.25!

• Motdc,

Lionpack should be in touch.  We’re still looking at a split.

• by the way, you said you had a minimum of 2 cases of each.
    Are these factory sealed cases or have you opened them up?

Hmmm, I hope I did not give the wrong impression.  My collection is a players collection.  Most everything is opened, divided up by country into Plano boxes, cards divided and sorted, etc.  When I said I have 2 cases of everything, I mean that’s what I bought to build my collection.  There are no sealed boxes.  I have the various maps, counters, and rulesets too,

I will not take any money for the collection until I post pictures.  I want no misunderstandings about what is for sale.

Mot

your paying for Shipping AND Handleing

The Box or envelope, Tape. Thats stuff is expesive :roll:

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, andit will take $20 in gas to drive to the post office :wink:

• @dezrtfish:

Yeah, andit will take $20 in gas to drive to the post office :wink:

Each way.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics