• In my final qualifying match for the DAAK World Cup Tournament, I just did a Nazi landing in Brazil of 1 INF, 1 ARM on G4…

Germany is collecting $50.  Japan has $38.  The US has been buying SUBs out the wazoo off California.  And Germany has a fleet that outclasses the Allies in the Atlantic.

BTW:  That Main Nazi Fleet is in SZ12 (3 TRN, 1 SUB, 1 DST, 2 AC, 4 FIG, 1 BB), and EUS has only an IC and AA at present…  UK4 is the next pending move.  UK fleet in SZ2 is blocked from a direct assault on the Germany fleet by 1 German Sub in SZ8.

Hitler LIKES Brazil…  :wink:

• Just let me know who the DAAK champ is at the end.  So I can whup em.  8-)

• @ncscswitch:

In my final qualifying match for the DAAK World Cup Tournament, I just did a Nazi landing in Brazil of 1 INF, 1 ARM on G4…

Germany is collecting $50.  Japan has $38.  The US has been buying SUBs out the wazoo off California.  And Germany has a fleet that outclasses the Allies in the Atlantic.

BTW:  That Main Nazi Fleet is in SZ12 (3 TRN, 1 SUB, 1 DST, 2 AC, 4 FIG, 1 BB), and EUS has only an IC and AA at present…  UK4 is the next pending move.  UK fleet in SZ2 is blocked from a direct assault on the Germany fleet by 1 German Sub in SZ8.

Sounds very interesting!
    It is possible to take a look to the game progress somewhere? As well after the game is finished?

• @ncscswitch:

map

Thanks! :)

• I played another F2F game the other day (with a different opponent), I was again the Axis and I implemented the same strategy and same builds (for the most part) - same results (except I played Japan a lot smarter and I won the game).  Germant was up to 58 IPC when we called it quits, and the German navy once again ruled the Atlantic (this time the German navy completely wiped out both UK and US navies!!), and took Brazil (and Africa).
    I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share…

• That is something about novel plans in A&A.  Unless you’ve got some more seasoned opponents, these can surprise and sometimes overwhelm them.

Against experienced players, you wont have such a cake walk in the atlantic and would probably have russians knocking on the gates of moscow to foul these naval expansions plans of Dönitz.

However, it’s a lot of fun when you can pull it off  :)

Yeah, I’d be curious as to how the Russians opened.  I’d be real hesitant to implement a German naval plan if Russia took Wrus and Ukr fairly easily.

I tend to counter the German Naval buy with a heavy US air buy with the intention to sink the German Navy in rd 2 with UK/US if they unify in Sz 7.  I haven’t encountered it in a while but it is solid for a Ger AC + 1 trn buy, I’d have to look at it again for AC + multiple trns.  Any unification or move without an AC is asking for trouble in Rd 2.

Oh yeah, as UK I’ll buy DD, sub, ftr with US reinforcing London to prevent Sea Lion, with I think the Russian Sub block to prevent the BB-shot and Med trn from hitting London.

• @axis_roll:

That is something about novel plans in A&A.  Unless you’ve got some more seasoned opponents, these can surprise and sometimes overwhelm them.

Against experienced players, you wont have such a cake walk in the atlantic and would probably have russians knocking on the gates of moscow to foul these naval expansions plans of Dönitz.

That’s what I regret sometimes.
    When you play an experienced player you can try out new things which are perhaps a bit foolish (like purchasing a IC for france and a CV at GER1, followed by atlantic navy), but you will not win that game because that player will demonstrate your weak points very fast. ;)

• @Croggyl:

@axis_roll:

That is something about novel plans in A&A.  Unless you’ve got some more seasoned opponents, these can surprise and sometimes overwhelm them.

That’s what I regret sometimes.
    When you play an experienced player you can try out new things which are perhaps a bit foolish (like purchasing a IC for france and a CV at GER1, followed by atlantic navy), but you will not win that game because that player will demonstrate your weak points very fast. ;)

I agree with you that there are definately some foolish moves, however, I’m not sure that a German C/V is necessarily one of them (as long as it fits it with the overall Axis strategy).  Let me explain… For whatever reasons, my F2F opponents usually put an IC in India (as the Allies).  One way I can TRY to prevent this is by building a C/V in SZ5.  This MAY cause the Brits to spend their IPC’s on a navy or ground troops, or air, but it doesn’t leave them enough to do that AND build an IC.  This is just one example - obviously it depends on your opponent, board position, etc, etc.  I certainly am NOT saying that a German C/V is ALWAYS a good idea - b/c it’s not, but I do think that it is a good idea in other situations… Thanks!

• @captainjack:

I agree with you that there are definately some foolish moves, however, I’m not sure that a German C/V is necessarily one of them (as long as it fits it with the overall Axis strategy).

But combined with an IC in WEU on GER1 it seems a little bit foolish … :)

• @Croggyl:

@captainjack:

I agree with you that there are definately some foolish moves, however, I’m not sure that a German C/V is necessarily one of them (as long as it fits it with the overall Axis strategy).

But combined with an IC in WEU on GER1 it seems a little bit foolish … :)

Oh yeah, definately.

• IC in India may fall in Japanese hands if it is not backed up by an Allied Pacific strategy, at least an SJF. If UK place IC in India and goes after Germany it will have less IPCs to spend in UK, this means less quantity and less quality in the UK forces that face Germany.

The same reasoning applies to German CV. Building German CV means less ground units to press on Russia.

I think the better move to avoid India IC is to build all ground units with Germany and increase the pressure on Russia. If UK builds the IC in India then Russia will receive less help from the British.

• @Romulus:

IC in India may fall in Japanese hands if it is not backed up by an Allied Pacific strategy, at least an SJF. If UK place IC in India and goes after Germany it will have less IPCs to spend in UK, this means less quantity and less quality in the UK forces that face Germany.

The same reasoning applies to German CV. Building German CV means less ground units to press on Russia.

I think the better move to avoid India IC is to build all ground units with Germany and increase the pressure on Russia. If UK builds the IC in India then Russia will receive less help from the British.

I see your point… 
    I’m not sure that some of my F2F opponents are smart enough to realize that!!    :lol: :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m