Shuffling figs on friendly CVs in same sz?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Thanks for agreeing with me Krieg.  You refuted not a single point, you just reconfirmed them all.

Dunno if you were always talking about LHTR 2.0 or not, nothing I saw referenced it until you made mention.  Perhaps ti was clarified there, perhaps not.

Anyway, as we’ve discussed before (Last October if I remember correctly) LHTR 2.0 is a set of HOUSE RULES and obviously is not the default on these boards because no where does it say that members have to use LHTR (1.3 or 2.0) when playing.  I remember that discussion distinctly because Switch was saying that LHTR was NOT the default set of rules used here along with a member who was using the cop’s picture from Police Academy (you know, the evil geek one?) and I was attempting to argue that LHTR was because it was the rule set used in tournaments.

Anyway, as I pointed out in like a dozen areas, the rules very clearly point to fighters being present in the sea zone, not necessarily on a specific aircraft carrier.  They do say they are landing on carriers, but no rule states that you MUST leave that SPECIFIC fighter on that SPECIFIC carrier either on combat or non-combat moves.

The ONLY mention of them being cargo is mentioned for a NCM movement of friendly carriers holding your fighters.  Since in NCM all fighters are considered landed unless moving TOO land, it’s a moot issue.  Just like in CM all fighters are considered airborne and thus when they land, they can land on any carrier they damn well please as long as space is available.

Fact is, no one really cares.  You move the british carrier and grab two fighters to go with it.  No one cares.  Grab two American carriers and drag four fighters with them, no one cares.  Same with transports, even though in that case, they really ARE cargo.  You get attacked and you have 2 units per transport with some empty transports suddenly.  You make your combat move, and you split the units up amongst the transports to attack multiple zones if you want too.  No one ever really cares, it’s just assumed that the owner of the equipment can divvy up the casualties and locations of cargo as needed.  It’s the way everyone has played the game since Classic, it’s also the way everyone will continue to play.  And no, it makes no difference how Switch argues here.    Give it a week, he’ll be back to shuffling equipment around to make his moves like everyone else.

• I have to dispute one of these points,

LHTR 2.0 IS the official rule set of these boards for both Tournaments and for the League.

I am done here.

• @ncscswitch:

Is anyone other than Jen arguing for her position?  Or is it EVERYONE else (backed up by probably the single most knowledgeable person on game rules… Kreig)  in opposition to Jen’s fracked up reading of the rules?

Oh, there’s no one else.  I’m the one who started this and attempted to argue it fairly vehemently at the beginning, but I’m on board with you now.  I’m pretty sure there’s no one else who even gave it credence to begin with.

@Cmdr:

Dunno if you were always talking about LHTR 2.0 or not, nothing I saw referenced it until you made mention. Perhaps ti was clarified there, perhaps not.

It was in the first post in this thread.  But based on some of what I’ve seen I probably don’t want to overestimate anyone’s reading comprehension.

And may I ask, do you make it a point to turn every thread around here into some cockamamie argument that is based primarily on selective, probably out-of-context quotes, and male bovine feces, or just the ones Switch posts in?

Suffice it to say I want to apologize to everyone around here for having started this abomination of a thread.  I’m truly sorry.

• '19 Moderator

I am going to lock this thread now. I have eddited and deleted and now given up.

The question was asked, the question was answered to the satisfaction of the individual making the inquiry.

Jen if you want to argue this start a new thread. (btw you’re wrong)

Everyone else if you are satisfied then don’t respond to her thread.

Please be nice, I have games to play… :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m