👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• Founder TripleA Admin

Welcome to the Axis & Allies .org Forums! Please feel free to use this topic to introduce yourself to the community. Or if you’re a long time member, feel free to re-introduce yourself.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, for instance:

• Where are you from?
    • What Axis & Allies games do you like to play?
    • How often do you play?
    • Do you use any customizations (tables, painted pieces) or house rules?

Finally, when you read something posted here, please give it a heart/upvote :heart: and please be sure to look at the past introductions and give those hearts too! In general, be generous giving out those hearts, that goes for you lurkers as well; even if you don’t post it lets everybody know that you’re still here. :sunglasses:

Whether you’re a lurker or active poster, it’s great to read past introductions to see where people are from and to meet this community.

Every so often we will move the posts in this topic to a monthly topic, please see past intros below.

• Hello to all. My name is Luis Miguel Valladares Guillen.
    In from Costa Rica, and i live in Heredia, Santa Barbara.
    I have mix of studies, but at the university i studied Criminology, Geography and Cartography.
    My last formal job: Police man. Now i work at home for my family.

45544072_2182777945319941_7255267736626921472_n.jpg

Axis & Allies games do you like to play?
    I’m new, but at first i find a old first edition of Classic A3 last year, in my country. Now we import at the star of this year Anniversary reprint and Global.

How often do you play? ha, ha, i need more friends and time, but wen we can, we play on Saturdays.
    My friends and i, like ww2, so we make house rules for more historical experience.

Do you use any customizations (tables, painted pieces) or house rules?
    I painted pieces, but only classic, use solid color. For pieces i combine all A&A pieces, and use the Risk 2008 cities as major I.C. and the red arrows for mark attacks and movements. I search and print new roundels and tokens.

Well nice to meet you….

• @Valladares Welcome to the A&A community!

• '19

Hi all, I was first introduced to A&A Classic in the mid 90’s, got back to playing with Revised in mid 2000’s, but for the last three years given more time to A&A games… been teaching guys in my area, I have 3 or 4 guys that have a strong interest now… mostly AA50 at the moment, but want to get into G40 soon (own it already). My kids like A&A also, esp my 16 yr old daughter (also have 14 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son that like the games).

I have a huge interest in customizations such as map-making and other printed resources, as my professional background is as a graphic designer. My other hobbies include WW2 history and carpentry/woodworking/fabrication… I’ve been collecting WW2 military collectibles and props for many years for my future war room, will be based strongly on the Churchill War Rooms “map room”.

I live in Swan River, MB, Canada, so no groups near me, but my plan is to attend an A&A event in the future, hopefully one of YG’s events in Toronto in 2020.

-Intrepid

• @Intrepid said in Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Feb. 2019):
    for the last three years given more time to A&A games […] > I have a huge interest in customizations such as map-making and other printed resources, as my professional background is as a graphic designer. My other hobbies include WW2 history and carpentry/woodworking/fabrication.

Sounds to me like the perfect combination of interests and skills! Welcome to the forum, and looking forward to seeing pictures of your eventual war room.

• I’m not sure if it’s bad form to be posting in this thread after February ;) but anyway…

My name is Janus (also known on other parts of the internet as P.d0t)
    I got into A&A with the MB version, back in about 1997 or so(?)
    However, the biggest chunk of my A&A play experience is/was with the Imp Games expansion “East & West”: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/6441/east-west-global-war-1948

That company seems to have gone defunct (and their forums went down long before that) so I joined the A&A .org forums a while ago – somewhat passively – but have been following the site’s news via Facebook. When the announcement for A&A Online came through on that channel, it rekindled my interest in E&W. As such, I’ve been trying to track down anyone who owns the game or has played it, and have been working on honing strategies for the USSR.

One such strategy can be found here on the forums, which I ran just as a playtest against myself:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/19172/east-west-by-imp-games-soviet-strategy-playtest

If you’re a fan of E&W, please get ahold of me here on the forums/PMs; it would be much appreciated :)

• @The-Janus Not at all, I almost forgot it was March! I’ll move it over soon.

• Hello A&A.Org crowd. I used to be a regular on the forums and avid gamer many years ago, but dropped off due to various life commitments. Now I find myself in possession of this wonderful thing called Axis and Allies 1940 so here I am again to peruse the thoughts of strategy masters.

• '19

Welcome back to the forums. I’m pretty new also.

• Re: Hello New Axis & Allies Players!
    Sign me up for all tournies.

• @Major-JSoto Welcome back! Do you know where to find the League games?

• '19

Hello AnA community !

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and I am a fairly new AnA player, but love the game and want to play much more. Mostly 1940 2nd Edition, Pacific or Europe or Global, but I am highly interested in WW1 1914 and any such versions or permutations.

Additional Hobbies: Running, Offroading, International Relations, Investment Management.

Would love to meet new AnA players to play - even if travel is required.

• '19

@Valladares Nice to meet you ! If you are ever in Arizona - let me know. I get to Caly sometimes too.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Westy I think @dezrtfish is also in Phoenix Scottsdale.

• '19

@djensen Thank you djensen ! I will message him now :)

• @Westy said in Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Nice to meet you

Hey, Hello. Nice to meet you to. And thanks for the proposal, but i live in Santa Barbara, Heredia, Central American Republic of Costa Rica. -he, he, he- Not close to the United States. But if you travel to this topical country (I do not recommend it, this country is not what Goberment say in tourism ads)we can play some day (Mi casa es tu casa).

• '19

@Valladares Ohhh - I see. I have been to Coast Rica though ! If I come back - I sure will play a game with you. Keep in touch my new friend.

• I am currently living in Mechanicsville Va. I have been watching YouTube videos to get an idea about what A & A games people like and how they play. I decided to start with 1914 since it looks like it will be a good one to get the basics down. I also purchased Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940. The combined game looks awesome! Watching the videos about Global War 1936 has got my mouth watering as well! I am not sure though that the 3rd edition map is an improvement? Thoughts anyone? Not sure which edition to buy at this point but definitely looks like the ultimate WW II game!

• '19

@ADC-Grey ADC - I just read your post. I am a newish player but love the game. I saw you are in Virginia, and just wanted to let you know that I will be in Charlottesville Virginia on business from July 6 -14. If you happen to be near there and want to allocate a Saturday or Sunday - let me know.

• Thanks. I will check my calendar and let you know.

Admrl Out

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m