• @Complex:

I could not get statements from Ranor (German, not interested) or Funcioneta (Spanish, also not interested - a Spaniard not interested in soccer, imagine that  :lol:) concerning the Euro08.

I’m not interested in soccer, but when you receive info on TV all hours, you learn something, even if you don’t want. See my reply in the other pool and that funny Media Mark promo  :mrgreen:

• @Funcioneta:

@Complex:

I could not get statements from Ranor (German, not interested) or Funcioneta (Spanish, also not interested - a Spaniard not interested in soccer, imagine that  :lol:) concerning the Euro08.

I’m not interested in soccer, but when you receive info on TV all hours, you learn something, even if you don’t want. See my reply in the other pool and that funny Media Mark promo   :mrgreen:

which sports do you prefer then

basketball. handball, tenis

i watched Nadal at Sunday, man he was strong, he smashed Federer, simply too strong

• Basketball. A pity that the stupid president of Spanish Federation fired the coach who won the Mundials  :-P

And chess… for playing  :-D

• At least you didn’t mislabel Soccer as ‘football’

• @allies_fly:

At least you didn’t mislabel Soccer as ‘football’

I like American football just fine, but it stole the name and barely even connects the ball and feet.

The term Armored Wankball (not mine) seems to fit it more and more.  :lol:  Especially when there are 15 seconds of play and a minute of commercials. Geez.

• @Jermofoot:

@allies_fly:

I like American football just fine, but it stole the name and barely even connects the ball and feet.

The term Armored Wankball (not mine) seems to fit it more and more.  :lol:  Especially when there are 15 seconds of play and a minute of commercials. Geez.

hmm.

yes, all that action in soccer is way better than the beer commercials

wankerball.

• @allies_fly:

@Jermofoot:

@allies_fly:

hmm.

wankerball.

Scoring is obviously not rampant in soccer, but that makes the games more competitive and exciting. Plus the games run continuously with rarely any stoppage.  I can appreciate that from the viewpoint of enjoying a sport and applauding athletes that really push their stamina. I’d rather drink beer than watch it.

• @allies_fly:

Herexy! There is nothing worst than watching ANY commercials!  :mrgreen:

Mmmm… anyway, football (agh, I hate that soccer word) also has lots and lots of comercials. Wait a minute… all TV has lots and lots of comercials… even comercials have lots and lots of comercials inside  :-D

• I think it depends on what you are brought up with. I have watched and played soccer since i was a toddler. I have seen Beckham play at United and many English matches. The atmospehere and the culture behind it is something that becomes ingrained and becomes part of the culture of your country and a bit of your own personal history. Trying to introduce this to other countries cultures doesn’t always work as it’s not a big part of their history. I have watched some american football and i can’t see what the attraction of it is. However, if i watched a game in real life i might see it from a different point of view.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m