• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Only thing that’s weird is that the way the Devs programmed OOL means that Bombers will die last in combat. Seems a bit weird to me.

Other than that, LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Thanks for the feedback. The developers might later allow players to customize their defense profiles.

Wonderful to have someone involved with the project here.

Would you happen to know when the Steam Early Access will become available? I tried searching for it last night but was unable to find it on Steam.

Very excited to dive in. We’ve been forced to rely on open-source projects for well over a decade so it’s great to have an official client to use for A&A.

• @DoManMacgee The game will come to the Early Access very soon. There’s no date yet, but we’re working towards that.

Bummer that the date isn’t finalized, but I understand.

I’ll keep poking my nose around until the announcement comes out, then.

• Being able to add exclusions to the casualty select rules (for example, “always kill defending bombers first”) would be helpful.

• @JuliusBorisovBeamdog said in My Body Is Ready:

Thanks for the feedback. The developers might later allow players to customize their defense profiles.

I do not believe this false prophet!

but if it somehow is true lol… I would encourage the dev team to code a general profile setting AND an option during NCM to custom set OOL (order of loss) for any given territory, outside of the basic parameters.

• '19

@Gargantua said in My Body Is Ready:

@JuliusBorisovBeamdog said in My Body Is Ready:

Thanks for the feedback. The developers might later allow players to customize their defense profiles.

I do not believe this false prophet!

but if it somehow is true lol… I would encourage the dev team to code a general profile setting AND an option during NCM to custom set OOL (order of loss) for any given territory, outside of the basic parameters.

Yes, the chance to designate a custom OOL (for any given territory) will be huge to have… otherwise the A&A gameplay experience is pretty tainted… shouldn’t be too hard to code, and also if newbs want to stick with default OOL, then no skin off their nose, they don’t need to go down that path

• @Superwilly said in My Body Is Ready:

shouldn’t be too hard to code

Famous last words! Remember the game has to be playable and accessible to both A&A veterans as well as newbies. Then it also has to be usable for both the computer adept as well as, uh, folks who are not so much.

• '19

@djensen said in My Body Is Ready:

Remember the game has to be playable and accessible to both A&A veterans as well as newbies.

For sure, I get the UX/UI considerations. But a prompt that comes up after NCM that gives the two options “Select Custom Orders of Loss” or “Continue to New Unit Placement” shouldn’t be too confusing for anyone. Of course a mouseover on the Custom OOL button would give a more detailed explanation.

OOL comes up in pretty much every game… I have an AA50 game in progress in TripleA right now where I’m getting pressed hard in Russia. I will definitely choose to lose the American bomber I have placed in Caucasus before one of my Russian infantry, and the defense of Moscow could depend on that choice.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Intrepid Great idea and you haven’t even seen the game yet!

I’m not sure if I agree on throwing a mandatory prompt in the user’s face. That’s an extra click the user potentially needs to deal with every round. It’d be different if this were a game that didn’t require much menu navigation/clicking, but for A&A we already have:

• Purchase Units

• Dealing with the UI to perform Combat/Non-Combat Movement (clicking, hitting “undo”, etc.)

• Clicking through battles (one or more clicks for each round of combat (minimum one click to decide whether to press attack or retreat, possibly more for aesthetics)).

• Unit placement

One extra click doesn’t seem like much, but keep in mind it’s for a feature that only dedicated/competitive players seriously care about. Most people just want to build tanks as Germany/Bombers as the USA and mess around in a WW2 Setting.

I’d vote for just allowing you to right-click a territory during your NCM Phase in order to set custom OOL for said territory. If you there’s a need to modify the default OOL I’d just bury that in a User Profile or Settings Tab somewhere. That way it’s easy to track down for people who care, but not in the way of the experience.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I would also argue that you should be able to change the default OOL so that you don’t have to change it for every single battle.

• @Gargantua said in My Body Is Ready:
    I would encourage the dev team to code a general profile setting AND an option during NCM to custom set OOL (order of loss) for any given territory, outside of the basic parameters.

quoting myself for Djensen’s benefit :)

And my intent was as others have noted. NOT a mandatory prompt, a right click on a territory or SZ during NCM, OR it could a prompt just AFTER placement which could have a SKIP option. And the information will be SECRET. The attacker will not know their opponents OOL intentions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m