• 2007 AAR League

I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who serve(d) in our military, especially those who have paid the ultimate price in defense of this Great Nation.  I salute you.

• Indeed. Many thanks to all who serve.

A post for those who served. A million praises could not express how much your sacrifices mean… Thank you!

GG

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Thanks to my brothers and sisters who also served.

• Thanks to Grandpa for serving, and seeing things that he would never talk about…

Miss ya, B.

• I can not fathom the unspeakable things these bravo souls have witnessed, all for a deep dedication to an ideal and a country.

I think about our soldiers often (past and present and future), lord knows I am too chicken to do said bidding.

• Hope you all enjoyed your parades, fireworks, fly overs etc. In Iraq the parades are funeral processions, the fireworks are IEDs and the fly overs are air strikes.

• @M36:

Hope you all enjoyed your parades, fireworks, fly overs etc. In Iraq the parades are funeral processions, the fireworks are IEDs and the fly overs are air strikes.

I suppose all of this rings hollow to you doesn’t it?  :oops:

• '19 Moderator

@M36:

Hope you all enjoyed your parades, fireworks, fly overs etc. In Iraq the parades are funeral processions, the fireworks are IEDs and the fly overs are air strikes.

I didn’t see any of that stuff, but I did boil a couple dozen Brats in a pot of Becks and then grilled them to a nice crisp finnish.

• Well we now have enough girl scout cookies to sink a ship here. Shame we can’t take them with us.  :-(

And to tell the truth, we haven’t been hit in the longest time, so its mostly just the funeral processions.

My dad marched in the memorial day parade back home, and he said they had a pair of Chinooks fly over. Usually they have the air guards A10s but they are over here now.

My hat is off to you for your Service Marine!

GG

• '19 Moderator

Well my hair is all messy so I’ll keep my hat on, anyway, Can’t take them with you where?

@M36:

Well we now have enough girl scout cookies to sink a ship here. Shame we can’t take them with us.  :-(

• My thanks to those who honored me with thanks for my service in 3 branches of the US Military (USAF (1987), USA (1989), PAARNG(1988-89))

• take 'em with us outside the wire Dezrt. I usually take a few boxes with me, but we can’t carry them all.  :wink: but we spend most of our time in the field so they run out pretty quick.

Exactly, because no one can resist girl scout cookies! I imagine they are more irresistible on patrol…

GG

• But are they made with real Girl Scouts?

• @ncscswitch:

But are they made with real Girl Scouts?

:lol:

@M36:

take 'em with us outside the wire Dezrt. I usually take a few boxes with me, but we can’t carry them all.  :wink: but we spend most of our time in the field so they run out pretty quick.

What is the best cookie for the field? I’d think the Thin Mints wouldn’t do to well in the heat.

Did the girl scouts run some sort of buy a box and we’ll send a box to the troops promotion or did the cookie company just ship you guys all the overproduction?

• Sorry Switch, they aren’t real girl scouts. You have to special order those.  :wink:

Your right Frimmel, the thin mints don’t do so well in the heat. Bojangles packed a box once and and he ended up just pouring them into his mouth. Most of us just carry peanut butters.

I don’t have all the details on where these cookies came from. Apparently some company in the states wanted to ship 300 boxes of girl scout cookies to the army guys, but they added an extra 0 on there. The Army got more than they needed, and gave us a few.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m