• 32 year old hermit marine in Florida. Anybody interested in playing over Skype? New to this online thing but love to play. I’m the kind of guy that will stare at the board for hours…just thinking. Married with children but have insomnia so, if not turn by turn, I could play straight through the night. Any takers? I dont know my version. Blue box, weapon developments, destroyers do 3 and 3, nothing in the manual (I can find) pertaining to which version.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

@Shytaun

It sounds like you have Europe 1999. Great, though obsolete edition.

Even if you intend to play by Skype (and it’d be hard), you should download “Tripple AAA”, the user-brewed software that allows networked games. This software has the maps and rules for many AXA and other games built in, so no setup required. AND, it creates and tracks unit placement in a way that would be difficult to do with video (there are simply so many units and rules that small mistakes about where pieces are and where they moved would be game-changing).

Many of us play only live, but for those who do not, “Tripple A” is the way to go–its not particularly sophisticated or pretty as a game but it does act as a moderator between physically remote players. “Tabletop Simulator” is another version (more mainstream) but this is more like a virual environment than it is a GAME, so to speak–you have to know the rules and enforce them via your movement of those pieces…but again the model for the AxA games is pre-loaded into that software, you dont have to set up (you just have to play+move according to the rules, which it cannot enforce).

• @taamvan said in Skype only:

@Shytaun

It sounds like you have Europe 1999. Great, though obsolete edition.

In my opinion, he has a copy of the Avalon Hill edition of Axis & Allies, sometimes referred to as Axis & Allies, Revised. See box picture below:
    picture of the cover to the Avalon Hill edition of Axis & Allies
    source

For more information about A&A Revised, visit the “More Axis & Allies Games” section of the forum, specifically the “Axis & Allies Revised Edition” subsection. Or visit the Board Game Geek A&A Revised page.

That’s my 2 IPCs, anyways.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Shytaun hi my friend me my friend and a full chat group of people of around the world play via whatts app or youtube we send videos of each turn, you choose a country and you are ready to go, in the video you also roll for the defender units but all the video in one take so no cheaters ;) i dont like AAA

also i only have anniversary and the little 41 edition, so if you want to play send me a message :)

• @Midnight_Reaper. This is it. Thank you. All I have is am android phone so downloading aaa isn’t possible. Skype works. I do it with a friend but he takes as long as a pen pal.

• @piloto1969. I’d LOVE to play with ANYBODY. I’m very tech-stupid and only have Skype. I’ll look into the whatts app. All I have is this revised edition. We keep the video on the whole time to bs but its only for rolls.

• @Shytaun send me a whatts app if you want my number 5530316707 ill show how we make the turns and stuff, the problem i see is that i only have 41 and anniversary, i love the way revised map looks but i dont think i could get a copy of that one. im planning on getting zombies, 42se and ww1 1914

• @piloto1969. Thanks for the interest but i looked into the app and think Skype is much better. I’m horrible with technology and already have Skype figured out. Sorry our boards don’t match up. The guy I play with has the green version (with cruisers) of mine and we have to settle a few differences before playing but the maps are the same. Another player on here purchased the revised version for Skype play or I would look into getting your version. Thanks again and sorry it didnt work out. This site is very confusing. I don’t have a computer and feel mislead. Apparently there are no sites or info pertaining to what I’m looking for-playing the BOARDGAME A&A.

• @Shytaun I think the boards will work together

• @Shytaun oh damn sure man no problema maybe in a future we could play, and yeah this forums should hava a section about the people that want to use their boards and not AAA, good luck in ur search peace

• @Shytaun said in Skype only:

… This site is very confusing. I don’t have a computer and feel mislead. Apparently there are no sites or info pertaining to what I’m looking for-playing the BOARDGAME A&A.

@piloto1969 said in Skype only:

…, and yeah this forums should hava a section about the people that want to use their boards and not AAA, good luck in ur search peace

The Player Locator category - where you are posting all of this - is exactly for this purpose:
    Find players to play the “real” boardgame. The medium you use for meeting up does not matter.

For playing online with TripleA we have the Find Online Players category:
    online.PNG

So what are you missing?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m