• It is official sports fans…

I have voted for a losing candidate in every presidential election since 1988…

Sorry Hillary.  Even with Angel driving 4 hours round trip to vote in at our old polling place (she never updated her registration), it was not enough in NC.

• And to give folks a feel of the voter turnout in NC…

My precinct has approximately 2000 registered voters.

Last General Election I voted at about 6:30 p.m. and was voter 424 or so.
    This PRIMARY election, I voted at 5:30 p.m. and was voter 782.

• 2007 AAR League

i have the same record switch.  i did get a couple primary’s correct,  but O on presidential elections.  1988 was my first vote.  i have to admit i have voted for a few 3rd party canidates,  but i’m still O fer.
    i got a feeling i’m gonna get this one correct in november,  as long as W actually gives up power.  :evil:

• @mojo:

i have the same record switch.  i did get a couple primary’s correct,  but O on presidential elections.  1988 was my first vote.  i have to admit i have voted for a few 3rd party canidates,  but i’m still O fer.
    i got a feeling i’m gonna get this one correct in november,  as long as W actually gives up power.  :evil:

I ALWAYS get the one I vote for “correct” . . . unfortunately (fortunately?) the rest of the country doesn’t always agree . . .

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Seems like a pretty political topic there, Switch.

Anyway, Hillary has not lost it yet.  If she can manage to shame the party into allowing MI and FL to seat their delegates she can still win, I believe.

And if she does not, then Obama’s been beat up really badly and may not be able to win in November.

Either way, I think it’s official, we’ll have a RINO in the White House in November and that will end the Republicans in the White House for the next 16-24 years.

• '19 Moderator

In 88 I was 16 and not old enough yet, but I worked for Jon Kyles Congersional Campain, he was in the House at the time.

In 92 I voted for Potus the first time, not my first vote, but first Presidential Election.  I was young and had some pretty radical anti-establishment right wing ideas, I voted for Bo Gritz. “God, Guns and Gritz” lol  I learned alot about third party canidates and political adjendas.  Ah youth it’s wasted on the young…

In 96 I had learned some things and I pushed hard to get friends and family to ignore the spoiler, Perot.  To many people didn’t, I still believe Perot was a really rich Clinton Suporter who had the money to get what he wanted by lieing to America.  My oppinion of course.

From that point on I’ve been a GWB guy, and I am aparently one of the few who will admit that I am happy with what he has done as Pres.

And for the record I am pretty sure I voted in the Primary for the guy that will take the office, of course my guy dropped out a few days before our primary so I went with my #2…

btw I have to vote either early of absentee, because I will be on deployment in Nov.

• 2007 AAR League

sniff ……politics?  :mrgreen:

i have voted for the winner every time in national and state and local elections.

• @ncscswitch:

I have voted for a losing candidate in every presidential election since 1988…

Well maybe that will change this year, Switch.  :wink:

@Cmdr:

Anyway, Hillary has not lost it yet.  If she can manage to shame the party into allowing MI and FL to seat their delegates she can still win, I believe.

And if she does not, then Obama’s been beat up really badly and may not be able to win in November.

Hate to push this further in political territory, but no, she’s done, and I honestly don’t know how Obama can’t lose with how many conservatives rail McCain (I know they rail Obama too, it just doesn’t seem as much…).

@dezrtfish:

so I went with my #2…

You know, your “#2” might be the best candidate in this race.  :lol:

She’s not done because she has not yet conceded.  Top that off with a good argument not to disenfranchise the voters in Florida and Michigan and she has both the delegate and popular vote lead over Obama.

Yes, I know Obama’s the poster boy for the party right now.  Hell, I was a booster of his until he accidentally revealed his true colors during the Rev Wright debacle.  Now I’m a Hillary Booster.  And if Hillary gets the Dem nomination, and things look strong that she might given the polls for Obama nation wide right now, then she’ll have my vote in November, unless she screws it up by sleeping with Monika Lewinski!

• I had not intended it as a political topic…

No intent at all to discuss campaigns, candidates, issues…  Just one person commenting on their horrible track record at the polls (much like my gaming track record lately actually…)

Ah, well, I have not been voting for 20 years. :P

Though, this campaign cycle it appears any campaign I support ends up conceding 24-72 hours later.

• 2007 AAR League

so dezrtfish your in the 20% of americans who still believe in this guy.  thats not too bad  :-D
    but seriously  thanks for serving and stay safe.

• '19 Moderator

@mojo:

so dezrtfish your in the 20% of americans who still believe in this guy.  thats not too bad   :-D
    but seriously  thanks for serving and stay safe.

Yeah, I don’t know what’s more amazing that you never hear from any of the “few” or that any of the few admit it ;)

Switch, my advice is play more 5 player face to face games, I find that I do much better in the chaos of five guys sitting at a table than against 1 guy that has as long as he wants to study the map, run sims, and plot multiple options before making a final decision.  My face to face win percentile is probably about 90%, I racked up two more this past Saturday, though I don’t remember the details very well on the second game ;)

• @Cmdr:

She’s not done because she has not yet conceded.  Top that off with a good argument not to disenfranchise the voters in Florida and Michigan and she has both the delegate and popular vote lead over Obama.

That is not disenfranchisement.

Yes, I know Obama’s the poster boy for the party right now.  Hell, I was a booster of his until he accidentally revealed his true colors during the Rev Wright debacle.  Now I’m a Hillary Booster.  And if Hillary gets the Dem nomination, and things look strong that she might given the polls for Obama nation wide right now, then she’ll have my vote in November, unless she screws it up by sleeping with Monika Lewinski!

All I’ve got to say is…is Obama up for nomination or is Wright?  Because some people seem to not know.

Who you associate with reflects your character.

And anytime you take away someone’s vote for whatever reason, it is disenfranchisement.  There are legal ways to disenfranchise someone and illegal ways.

I am one of millions of citizens who think that not allowing Floridians and Michiganites to have a say in who will be the nominee is, if not illegally disenfranchising them, is at least immorally disenfranchising them.  It smacks of a conspiracy to keep the woman down so the party elite darling can steal the nomination.  Whether that is true or not is not as relevant as the impression it gives.

Either way, the party is basically screwed.  Large segments of the party have expressed their position that if their candidate, whomever that is, is not the nominee, they will either vote for the other guy or not vote at all.

Now, if Barry would be good enough to realize that Hill really does have the majority of the delegates and popular vote (if you include Florida and Michigan) and a much stronger position to beat McCain in November and decides to run as her vice president, I don’t think the party ticket could be defeated.  Not with Hillary running against a RINO.

• Again folks, this is NOT a political discussion, it is about bad luck, losing streaks, etc.

Thread will be locked upon the next political post…

• Why not just make an “anything goes” section? We’re all adults here, no? The paranoia the mods have over anything remoptely contentious reminds me of a hippie lovein.

Someone tried, he locked it anyway.

• No matter what we as Mods have done, some members have sought to take it and expand the discussion beyond what was permitted.

Among the issues that we as Mods have to contend with are such factors as:
    1.  Legal restrictions
    2.  Server Host TOS
    3.  The fact that minor children are members and guests of this site

As a result, the Site Owner has determined that the site shall be non-political and somewhere between PG and PG13.

Since that is coming from the guy who owns the domain, pays the bill each month, and provides the rest of us with this venue, the rest of the Admins and Mods that volunteer to support the site back up the owners ruling.

Anyone who does not like the restrictions here is of course welcome to buy their own domain, pay for their own bandwidth, and have their own site that they run as they see fit… within the restrictions of the law and your server host if you plan to be online more than a couple of weeks…

• @ncscswitch:

No matter what we as Mods have done, some members have sought to take it and expand the discussion beyond what was permitted.

Among the issues that we as Mods have to contend with are such factors as:
    1.  Legal restrictions

What legal issues are involved in politiical discussion?  :?

2.  Server Host TOS

What, Simple Machine Forums? It would be news to me that they banned political discussion.

3.  The fact that minor children are members and guests of this site

Then put a password on a political discussion forum. And do you reallu think a minor will care about a heated Bush vs. Clinton discussion? Even back when we had the PD board, I never remember anyone cussing anyone else out. It was always “liberal” this and “conservative” that.

As a result, the Site Owner has determined that the site shall be non-political and somewhere between PG and PG13.

If that’s what owner wants, OK, but your other reasons are a little strange.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m