Stop the presses: Glemax has Axis and Allies revised… finally!

• To quote Adlertag

I KILL YOU

• It looks more like a tribute to Bill Clinton…

• no bids?

• Official Q&A

@Crazy:

It was very annoyingly slow, except for the darn “turn timer”! I don’t care for time limits to start with, but the longest option there is very short IMHO.

“Unlimited” is very short?

• Official Q&A

@Petrucci08:

doesnt seem to be a way to land fighters on unmade ACs but its forgiveable.

Remember, you’re playing by the box rules here (or at least a reasonable facsimile).  After you have placed the carrier, you can move existing fighters from the territory that contains the IC that produced the carrier onto it.

• OK, so that was what unlimited meant  :-P
      And LL works for some, not for others  :-P

• '19 Moderator

lol, Don’t worry, I sometimes find forever a bit to quick for me as well…

• I played 4 times.  It looks like you’re randomly selected to play Axis or Allies, with the AI taking the opposite side.

When I played Axis, the AI led with a more or less standard 2 tank Ukraine attack.  Curiously, it got lucky both times.

When I played Allies, I started with a Ukraine attack, and the computer did silly stuff like not hitting Anglo-Egypt with Germany on G1, not hitting the UK battleship off Gibraltar on G1, leaving the German sub southwest of London where it was, splitting the German Med fleet between German battleship vs. UK destroyer and German transport offloading units to Ukraine.

My assessment is that the AI is not all that great.  It might have some good scripted moves, but it falls apart real quick.

• you are one lucky bunny

I played zero yet, after how many trys ?

I only get this message : “waiting for other players to join”

and then “Cant connect, are you sure you are connectet to internett ?”

Hope the masterbrains fix this issue real fast, befor my fist get through my monitor

• Same here. I asked the three, I dunno, lobby room admins? if they knew which port I should forward through, but got no response. But apparently it’s not a port-forwarding issue. Something with Java and Firefox and heck if I know how do that. Port 3300 and my IP gets TripleA to play nice, but that’s the only trick I’ve got.

I wanna log in and see how lamo this new server is! TripleA forever!

• is the triple A server played in real time too or is it correspondence?

• I had to download the current edition of Java before the Gleemax Axis and Allies would work for me.

TripleA can be played real time or by email.  I KNOES IT IS SOOOOO GOOOOOD!  :-D

• Need help

How do you amphibious assault ?

I can load a tranny, and move it into the sea zone, but if there is an enemy naval unit in that sea zone, then I am not able to offload the army into the territory I want to attack. I can only offload into friendly territories during non-combat.

• :-o
    OK, to amphipious assault, the sea zone that your fleet is in must first be attacked and cleared of any enemy ships. That is to say destroyed surfice ships. Subs may still be there but only if submerged. You may then attack the land with your marines, etc…
    You may never enter a sea zone that has enemy ships, except submerged subs, on your non-combat turn. :-)

• Tanks Ivan, one + karma to you. So first I do naval combat, and when the zone is cleared I land my marines in enemy territory. I sure miss some kind of instruction manual, but that will come next year I hope. Until then the Darwinism rule, if I am too stupid to figure out how to move units around, I am not worthy of playing.

• There is one point to remember: you have to land your units in the combat move, prior to go to the battle phase, in order to create and amphiboius landing.

• @Romulus:

There is one point to remember: you have to land your units in the combat move, prior to go to the battle phase, in order to create and amphiboius landing.

One more thing, and perhaps this is obvious but, if any of the transports do not survive the sea battle to clear the landing zone, you must remove the units that came on those sunk transports from the land battle/amphibious assault as those men never made it safely to shore.

• If the trasport is destroyed in the sea battle the troops never get on the shore.
    What I was saying is that on Gleemax it is necessary to land the units in the territory before the combat phase, in the combat move, because it is not possible to land units during combat phase.

• When do most of you usually play? They fixed most of the early bugs. The main problem now is the occasional freezing, and the newbies that quit half way in the middle of a game. I would like to see my skills against some of you more experienced players.

• The main problem is that I am in Italy so my Time zone is GT+1. Usually I have manged to play with English, German, Neetherlands and Sweden up to now. Usually I play in The Saturday and Sunday afternoon but depending by your time zone it may be also the heart of the night for you…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m