Stop the presses: Glemax has Axis and Allies revised… finally!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Making an account is one thing, dealing with a new site another.

Anyway, I can’t do anything until May 16th which is when my life is returned to me.

• @Gleemax:

Noncombat movement

Units that haven’t already moved their maximum range may be moved.  Aircraft used in combat must land in a friendly territory.

[emphasis added]

Are they ‘adjusting’ the rules here (allowing ships and tanks to withdraw from combat zones if they only moved 1)? or is this just sloppy writing on the part of the walkthrough designers.  This would represent a HUGE change in tactics.

• Official Q&A

Sloppy writing, but that’s not to say that there aren’t any bugs.

• :x
    OK, I registered, and tried to play a couple of solitaire games.
    It was very annoyingly slow, except for the darn “turn timer”! I don’t care for time limits to start with, but the longest option there is very short IMHO.
    The die server takes forever, almost nodded off to sleep there a couple of times waiting for it to display the die roll results. And there is no Low Luck option either. I was unable to figure out how to get the tanks to Blitz then attack another territory, it just would not work simply by moving the unit through the empty territory then into the occupied territory.
    Loading and unloading the transports requires an additional step in a side box, very time consuming when your on the darn clock!
    Well, if they fix these problems I’ll be glad to play on their site, but for now, I’ll stick with TripleA, it is just a smoother gaming experience.
          :-)

• going through a trial run against the AI

doesnt seem to be a way to land fighters on unmade ACs but its forgiveable.

Aesthetics are nice

is it meant to be played in real time or is it correspondence?

• @Cmdr:

Anyway, I can’t do anything until May 16th which is when my life is returned to me.

But may 16th you are released from prison, right ?

• there is no Low Luck option either

thank god for that. LL debate effectively solved by not having it.

LL is not part of AA.

is it meant to be played in real time or is it correspondence?

real time, so now the real strategist appears and not some guy looking at notes and home study

• To quote Adlertag

I KILL YOU

• It looks more like a tribute to Bill Clinton…

• no bids?

• Official Q&A

@Crazy:

It was very annoyingly slow, except for the darn “turn timer”! I don’t care for time limits to start with, but the longest option there is very short IMHO.

“Unlimited” is very short?

• Official Q&A

@Petrucci08:

doesnt seem to be a way to land fighters on unmade ACs but its forgiveable.

Remember, you’re playing by the box rules here (or at least a reasonable facsimile).  After you have placed the carrier, you can move existing fighters from the territory that contains the IC that produced the carrier onto it.

• OK, so that was what unlimited meant  :-P
      And LL works for some, not for others  :-P

• '19 Moderator

lol, Don’t worry, I sometimes find forever a bit to quick for me as well…

• I played 4 times.  It looks like you’re randomly selected to play Axis or Allies, with the AI taking the opposite side.

When I played Axis, the AI led with a more or less standard 2 tank Ukraine attack.  Curiously, it got lucky both times.

When I played Allies, I started with a Ukraine attack, and the computer did silly stuff like not hitting Anglo-Egypt with Germany on G1, not hitting the UK battleship off Gibraltar on G1, leaving the German sub southwest of London where it was, splitting the German Med fleet between German battleship vs. UK destroyer and German transport offloading units to Ukraine.

My assessment is that the AI is not all that great.  It might have some good scripted moves, but it falls apart real quick.

• you are one lucky bunny

I played zero yet, after how many trys ?

I only get this message : “waiting for other players to join”

and then “Cant connect, are you sure you are connectet to internett ?”

Hope the masterbrains fix this issue real fast, befor my fist get through my monitor

• Same here. I asked the three, I dunno, lobby room admins? if they knew which port I should forward through, but got no response. But apparently it’s not a port-forwarding issue. Something with Java and Firefox and heck if I know how do that. Port 3300 and my IP gets TripleA to play nice, but that’s the only trick I’ve got.

I wanna log in and see how lamo this new server is! TripleA forever!

• is the triple A server played in real time too or is it correspondence?

• I had to download the current edition of Java before the Gleemax Axis and Allies would work for me.

TripleA can be played real time or by email.  I KNOES IT IS SOOOOO GOOOOOD!  :-D

• Need help

How do you amphibious assault ?

I can load a tranny, and move it into the sea zone, but if there is an enemy naval unit in that sea zone, then I am not able to offload the army into the territory I want to attack. I can only offload into friendly territories during non-combat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m