• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d hope that we’d focus on pleasure in the present instead of some unrealistic ideal in the future.

Of course, some would deny that it’s inevitable and would strive to find a solution.  Myself?  I’d drink, have sex, pillage and generally be a nuisance until I die.

• you watching too much National geographic TV. They got that quasar episode running like every 30 minutes.

Watch more ALN ( American Life Network)

Combat!
    Rat Patrol
    Lost in Space
    Voyage to the Bottom of the sea
    Big Valley

good stuff.

If I didn’t find so many people disgusting, I’d be all for a nation wide, 60 year orgy. :P

• '19 Moderator

@Imperious:

you watching too much National geographic TV. They got that quasar episode running like every 30 minutes.

Watch more ALN ( American Life Network)

Combat!
    Rat Patrol
    Lost in Space
    Voyage to the Bottom of the sea
    Big Valley

good stuff.

They still play Rat Patrol?  Damn I’ve got to watch for that.  I am looking top find an old M38 so I can restor it and play rat patrol paint ball.

I haven’t seen a quasar episode, I did watch The Road Warrior the other day though  post apocoliptic combat on the highway baby.

Anyway in my sick brain Society broke down an debauchery and mayhem ensued…

• I like that show. Monday is the day they play it like 5 times in 6 hours.

I recently watched the most funny episode…

The commander had a table and pulled out a map that was of the entire north african continent from Casablanca to the Suez.

He then draw a large circle and saying “i need you and your men right here on this hill” But his circle was about 600 miles wide! and he told them to be at “this hill” in one hour on those spotless jeeps.

I must have cried with laughter for like 30 minutes because it was so stupid to think people arent looking at details.

I like the fact that they all wear different hats ( rebel, british, frenchy,american) and that the hats are all tilted to show off their hair style and that the shirts are always perfectly pressed and spotless.

They have skin like Calvin Klein and its never tan and they are perfectly shaved, even if in many episides they are captured for like days or injured.

I find it really funny that no American ever die and they kill like hundreds of Germans in every episode. Its like the wacky races cartoon when dick dastardly always loses to anybody else.

I find great humor in that show thats why i watch it. I also love that the Germans always use American equipment aside from a few motorcycles.

Dietrich is my hero on that show.

• Massive private and government spending for a secured facility to remove the rich and powerful from the planet with a supply of young breeding stock.

The rest of the world goes to hell in a hand basket…

• @dezrtfish:

If scientists discovered that a major planetary disaster was going to occur in… say… 60 years, and that the planet would be destroyed, what do you think would be the consequences?  Last night while I wasn’t sleeping this ran through my head, it was like a Sci-fi movie.  Everyone quit having babies and society collapsed, it actually seemed like a lot of fun. :evil:

Anyway what do you think?

Damn insomnia, I need to get some sleep!

Well, we would not tell the public, we would let them do whatever they were doing.  If everyone panicked and ran around and drove up prices, we wouldn’t be able to do our Clever Plan.

So we wouldn’t tell anyone while we increased food and oil prices to get more money so we could buy more items for our spaceships and fortified underground bunkers - you know, things like portable generators, big-screen TVs, stripper poles, white slaves, and lots of silk underwear.  And let us not forget the “young breeding stock”.  Of course, we would have to have the good scientists in on the plan, but once we gave them a lot of things and hot young breeding stock, they probably wouldn’t mind keeping quiet.

Then about a day before the world blew up, we would retreat into our underground bunkers or blast off in our spaceships.  And everyone would be so confused about where everybody went, and someone would leak the information about the planet mostly being destroyed, and people would have lots of fun orgies then Jesus would come and bring muffins for everyone, or maybe just hot flaming death like they deserve.

A few hundred thousand years later the inbred remains of the human race that all look like supermodels would come back on their rocket ships from the stars, while the underground survivors that ended up eating each other in spite of the stripper poles and video games they had would come out, and then it would be the Morlocks all over again.

This would be a lot scarier if I were serious, but I’m trying to disarm your suspicions in a joking way so you won’t take it seriously when I ask you if you’d mind if I took your daughter out for a couple of days to show her a nice place I have in the mountains, it’s not a rocket launch pad oh no, and hypno-memory-reprogramming is just something you see in movies, yes, yes.

I think I had too much sugared cereal last night . . .

• '11

Boy, that’s some crazy ass cereal that you’re eating.

• '19 Moderator

Weedies

• @dezrtfish:

Weedies

snort

• The first part would certainly be to keep it a secret or keep it spun as another crackpot scheme so life as normal would continue. Someone in an insurance field might notice and increase in amateur astronomers becoming fatal accident prone.

The corporations and governments would start various nefarious plans as Switch and Bunnies suggest.

The only real indication regular folks would have is a renewed interest in a space program from the government and unprecedented levels of international cooperation geared at creating colonies on the moon and Mars.

The general level of misandry exhibited by our culture would increase and the sexist nature of education with preference to females would be expanded particularly in science in an effort to get both breeding stock and vital workers for the colonies. Men would be actively discriminated against except for only the most disposable positions or the most brilliant of minds with regards to getting to the new colonies.

A sudden rash of kidnappings of female children, a sudden mass exodus of high level coporate and government officers and their families, taking the most beautiful of the adult women without vital skills to run the colonies and the abducted children would let the cat out of the bag.

Judgement day.

If the cat gets let out sooner Anarchy and collapse of governments until coporations can get control and execute a modified version of the previous ‘plans.’

• @dezrtfish:

If scientists discovered that a major planetary disaster was going to occur in… say… 60 years, and that the planet would be destroyed, what do you think would be the consequences?  Last night while I wasn’t sleeping this ran through my head, it was like a Sci-fi movie.  Everyone quit having babies and society collapsed, it actually seemed like a lot of fun. :evil:

Anyway what do you think?

Damn insomnia, I need to get some sleep!

I’d go to sleep.

Then start a sixty year drinking binge.

• @dezrtfish:

Weedies

Somebody been watching Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood?

Here’s a hypothetical I was asked by a student today. (He was referring to his English paper, I teach Math, he thought I would be safer to approach I guess.)

He asked, and I’m paraphrasing here, if it was okay to purchase a paper from a paper mill (aka a company that writes papers for you and sells them to you) if, and here’s the catch, he only used that paper as a source for his own paper, putting the ideas into his own words.

• It’s ok if he wants to get laughed at.  Why bother?  :lol:

• @Cmdr:

Here’s a hypothetical I was asked by a student today. (He was referring to his English paper, I teach Math, he thought I would be safer to approach I guess.)

He asked, and I’m paraphrasing here, if it was okay to purchase a paper from a paper mill (aka a company that writes papers for you and sells them to you) if, and here’s the catch, he only used that paper as a source for his own paper, putting the ideas into his own words.

nice irony.

You paraphrased someone asking you if it was ok to paraphrase

:)

• @allies_fly:

@Cmdr:

nice irony.

You paraphrased someone asking you if it was ok to paraphrase

:)

that deserves some good karma allies_fly.  I didn’t think of Jenn’s statement like that until you said something.

• The word plagiarism came to my mind and I found it ironic for a different reason.

• @frimmel:

The word plagiarism came to my mind and I found it ironic for a different reason.

OMFGROFLMAO!

+1 GK for that!

• @ncscswitch:

@frimmel:

The word plagiarism came to my mind and I found it ironic for a different reason.

OMFGROFLMAO!

+1 GK for that!

Don’t hurt yourself.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m