A List of "Games" that are Axis & Allies Expansions in Disguise

• @CWO-Marc
    So I see. That does explain why Fair Play Games would have these Engage expansion sets seemingly listed twice and why the rules for all of the expansion sets were included in the Engage game box.

Thanks for enlightening me. My question to you is: if I list Engage the game, and its four expansions, should I list the A&A 2010 expansion pieces on top of that? What do you think?

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper said in A List of "Games" that are Axis & Allies Expansions in Disguise:

Thanks for enlightening me. My question to you is: if I list Engage the game, and its four expansions, should I list the A&A 2010 expansion pieces on top of that? What do you think?

It’s essentially the same question that applies to some of TT’s earlier sculpts which (as you indicated in an earlier post) served double-duty: TT used them as A&A expansion pieces and as the components of games with non A&A-titles. There’s no inherently correct way to enter / describe this situation in a list; it depends entirely on the conceptual framework for your list, and the framework is whatever you decide it to be. If your list is title-based, the pieces should probably be entered twice: once as six separately-purchasable sets (AM, BR, RU, GE, JA, IT) of A&A 2010 expansions, and once as the “Engage” game. As a sculpt collector, my own view of TT’s products takes the different approach of focusing on the sculpts themselves (design and colour); from that perspective, a Sculpt X that was issued as part of an A&A expansion set (all of which I own) and an identical Sculpt X that was issued in a non-AA-titled game like Cromwell 2026 or Risk 2042 or Engage (none of which I own) work out to be the same thing, and I’d throw them all into the same compartment of my TT storage tray without differentiating between their point of origin.

• @CWO-Marc
    Thanks for your thoughts. I intend to revise the top posts for this and the other two “expansion posts” sometime this weekend, I now have some food for thought.

Thanks again!

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m