• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

1)  As usual, I am calling for the Hawaiian VC to be moved to Alaska or Brazil, just to give the allies a fighting chance against a premature VC victory or letting Germany turn into an insane monster.

2)  I think if a Destroyer is between a submarine and an Industrial Complex, then the Submarine(s) should have their Convoy Raid Damage negated.

For instance, if Germany has 8 Submarines in SZ 5 and England has 1 Destroyer in SZ 6, then none of the 8 submarines in SZ 5 cause Convoy Raid Damage until the offending destroyer is removed from play (or moves out of the way.)

• @Cmdr:

1)  As usual, I am calling for the Hawaiian VC to be moved to Alaska or Brazil, just to give the allies a fighting chance against a premature VC victory or letting Germany turn into an insane monster.

2)  I think if a Destroyer is between a submarine and an Industrial Complex, then the Submarine(s) should have their Convoy Raid Damage negated.

For instance, if Germany has 8 Submarines in SZ 5 and England has 1 Destroyer in SZ 6, then none of the 8 submarines in SZ 5 cause Convoy Raid Damage until the offending destroyer is removed from play (or moves out of the way.)

The destroyer ‘block’ makes German subs too weak, I don’t like it.  Too easy to implement for the allies, doesn’t cost the allies anything in terms of ‘risking’ a ship to submerge the subs.

Regarding 1, you need to identify different ways for the allies to keep their VC’s instead of changing the rules… the VC’s locations will not be changed.

In regards to (1)  I am open to suggestions.  I freely admit my skill level in AARe is barely above novice, but also barely below intermediate. (Mainly because enhanced is derived from Revised and LHTR)

In regards to (2) I was thinking it was pretty nullified just by stationing your submarines right next to the enemy complex and still cost you 10 IPC to use it if you don’t sink the enemy submarines.

For instance, Germany has 2 submarines in SZ 5, England builds a Destroyer in SZ 6 blocking the Submarines.  Cost 10 IPC to stop 2 IPC in CRD.  However, Germany sinks the Destroyer 50% of the time without loss.  So it’s not exactly something that is going to be overly abused.  Actually, I view it more as something you’d do if you had the opportunity.  Say you have a Japanese fleet in SZ 52 and an American fleet in SZ 55.  How in the world is a submarine in Hawaii doing ANYTHING to Los Angeles when there’s 2 or 3 carriers, a battleship and half a dozen destroyers there?

And I still contend the VC needs to be moved to Brazil from Hawaii.  Or to Midway.  Hawaii is probably the worst choice for a VC I’ve ever heard.  In my most humble of opinions.

New Idea:

The transition from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic Ocean was almost impossible for the Germans to do with their surface fleet because of artillery, shore batteries in Gibraltar.

Now, the idea is:

If you have an Artillery unit on Gibraltar, you may fire on all enemy surface ships (Destroyer, Battleships, Carriers, Transports) that attempt to pass from SZ 13 to SZ 12 or from SZ 12 to SZ 13 in BOTH combat and non-combat rounds.  You get one shot at each ship at 2 or less, only one artillery unit can fire per nation. (Therefore Japan and Germany could EACH get a shot if they BOTH had an Artillery piece in Gibraltar.  Likewise, England, America and Russia could EACH get a shot if they had an Artillery unit in Gibraltar.)

You have to roll the dice per ship.  Each roll hits the designated ship, the defender will NOT get to chose casualties.  If you roll three dice at a carrier, destroyer and battleship; IN THAT ORDER; and the 2nd roll hits, then the destroyer is sunk.

Ships at rest in SZ 13 or SZ 12 cannot be targeted.  ONLY ships passing THROUGH the straight of Gibraltar are target able.

Submarines cannot be targeted.

Change to board set up:

England gets 1 Artillery unit in Gibraltar at the start of the game.

• @Cmdr:

New Idea:

The transition from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic Ocean was almost impossible for the Germans to do with their surface fleet because of artillery, shore batteries in Gibraltar.

Now, the idea is:

If you have an Artillery unit on Gibraltar, you may fire on all enemy surface ships (Destroyer, Battleships, Carriers, Transports) that attempt to pass from SZ 13 to SZ 12 or from SZ 12 to SZ 13 in BOTH combat and non-combat rounds.   You get one shot at each ship at 2 or less, only one artillery unit can fire per nation. (Therefore Japan and Germany could EACH get a shot if they BOTH had an Artillery piece in Gibraltar.  Likewise, England, America and Russia could EACH get a shot if they had an Artillery unit in Gibraltar.)

You have to roll the dice per ship.  Each roll hits the designated ship, the defender will NOT get to chose casualties.  If you roll three dice at a carrier, destroyer and battleship; IN THAT ORDER; and the 2nd roll hits, then the destroyer is sunk.

Ships at rest in SZ 13 or SZ 12 cannot be targeted.  ONLY ships passing THROUGH the straight of Gibraltar are target able.

Submarines cannot be targeted.

Change to board set up:

England gets 1 Artillery unit in Gibraltar at the start of the game.

I like it…

…I’ll probably use it in my next FTF game, I’ll let you know how it turns out.

@Aretaku:

I like it…

…I’ll probably use it in my next FTF game, I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks, please do.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m