Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game

• '19 '17 '16

But artillery have so much more attack power. Hit soak isn’t everything and attack power isn’t everything but the small compromise in hit works so much better.

Ok, looking at a recent game there was a G1 buy of 6inf 3art and the Moscow battle G6,

There were 52 inf/mechs, 8art 18arm 2ftr 5tac 9bomb
    vs 68 inf/mech, 1arm 1tac 13ftr 2AAA

That was 91% with a +57TUV swing

Changing the 3art bought for 4inf makes it 88% with a +48TUV swing.

And if the G1 buy had been a more conventional 2inf 6art it would have been 92% +65TUV

So art are better.

• @simon33 If You do the Numbers, You could get up to 3-4 ANZAC Fighters, at least 2 UK Tactical, and theoretically 9 UK Fighters… and that would leave India open.

I don’t see why you UK would build Fighters in Persia… that makes zero sense to me.

In theory, there could be a Turn where UK proper first moves all Planes to Scotland, and then move next turn to Archangel/Nenetsia, and then move into Russia proper by Turn 5 UK; moving these Planes into Scotland Turn 3 to make the trip.

Add all That up, Russia would still be short 10 plus units, and You get a Free Hand otherwise.

• '19 '17 '16

If the UK builds fighters in Persia, they can be in Moscow the next turn. That’s the Persia angle.

Going around via Nenetsia may be possible but may not be because Germany can often hit the planes before they reach Moscow.

• @simon33 Artillery don’t move faster than Infantry, and on odds won’t “hit” more stuff to justify taking 7 over 4. I could see going for 7 Mech Turn 1 for movement.

• @simon33 Why waste the $$. Just build in India. Provided UK West hast the Money, you could get that turn 3, but buys you very little. Buy Turn 3, use Turn 4, move Turn 5. Germany goes first Turn 6.

• @simon33 said in Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game:

If the UK builds fighters in Persia, they can be in Moscow the next turn. That’s the Persia angle.

Going around via Nenetsia may be possible but may not be because Germany can often hit the planes before they reach Moscow.

^^ This

• @simon33 said in Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game:

But artillery have so much more attack power. Hit soak isn’t everything and attack power isn’t everything but the small compromise in hit works so much better.

Ok, looking at a recent game there was a G1 buy of 6inf 3art and the Moscow battle G6,

And if the G1 buy had been a more conventional 2inf 6art it would have been 92% +65TUV

So art are better.

My last Game had 62 Inf/Mech total. Had 8 Art. Had 17 Tank, Had 3 Fighter after AAA (of 7), Had 10 Tac, Had 5 Strat Bomber attack Turn 6.

105 Units after 3 AAA hits, Russia 95 total units with AA Guns.

Almost cannot lose. 10 Planes will not change it.

• @DermMannInDerHochburg said in Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game:

@simon33 said in Opinions of Bad Guy plans for new game:

So art are better.

My last Game had 62 Inf/Mech total. Had 8 Art. Had 17 Tank, Had 3 Fighter after AAA (of 7), Had 10 Tac, Had 5 Strat Bomber attack Turn 6.

105 Units after 3 AAA hits, Russia 95 total units with AA Guns.

Almost cannot lose. 10 Planes will not change it.

Over 80 of Russia is Infantry, as Cycles go by you will get More “hits” 99%

That’s 99% vs 'BestBuy’s

• '19 '17 '16

If you assume USSR has 2ftr 2arm 4AAA 1tac in that mix, adding 10 more ftrs changes it from 100% +93TUV to 64% -63TUV. 12 more fighters makes it 42% -135TUV.

Regarding Persia, using the SZ98 TT to activate UK1 means you can get two rounds of buys to Moscow before G6. You can’t spend UK Europe money in India so that’s a bit of a red herring.

@simon33 Artillery don’t move faster than Infantry, and on odds won’t “hit” more stuff to justify taking 7 over 4. I could see going for 7 Mech Turn 1 for movement.

And BTW, it isn’t 7 for 4, it’s 4 for 3.

• '19 '17 '16

Sounds like you don’t really think you need any help with Germany if you’re getting on Moscow G6 reliably. 10 tacs is a pretty atypical force. I’m not sure how you got that, it’s about 2 rounds of production right there.

The other point about allied fighters in Moscow is that they can deter strategic bombing on Moscow.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Can you guys post one of these games with the large battles in Moscow? I don’t turtle so big battles are a lot less than all that. I have played around 10 games here, but many times that in real time. These are straight up G40.2 games?

I Like to call g40.2 the Axis’ wet dream. My guess is that there was a huge community push to make Sealion playable. That means stretch out the Atlantic and Pacific to slow down the juggernaut. The only solution I see to saving Moscow is to spam American bombers to Moscow. And get the fighters headed there too.

It irks me that Germany can muster more men than Russia. I want to see Russian hordes. Anyone house rule that? A gun for every other man? Men worth 2? Defend at one?

It would be much better if the Russians could destroy or dismantle their factories and move them East.

In one game, Majikforce was foxy and retreated out of Moscow. He lived to fight another day.

• How would Bombers save Russia proper…? They defend at 1…

• @simon33 G4 buy 3 Tank in Novgorod, 3 Tactical elsewhere

• @simon33 Never strat bomb.

• @simon33 Sorry, meant 7 over 10 on Turn 1

How would Bombers save Russia proper…? They defend at 1…

The bomber angle is the same as the infantry on attack - they provide hit soak. They just do it very expensively.

• @DermMannInDerHochburg
    17 US bombers can act as fodder. Expensive, but effective at letting the men fight and the fighters defend. They can also blitz lagging columns armor columns.
    The key here is they can tip the scales in Moscow’s favor.

• @simon33 Sure, but if they simply soak and do zero damage you don’t really mitigate anything.

Generally speaking, Russia will have about 100 to take out. Correct Germany buys, with good tempo, means that you will finish them off on the 4th turn with overkill.

Don’t see how Bombers change calculus

• @simon33 Now that I get your point on 6Inf/3Art, Turn 1, I do like that idea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m