Cold War 1962 and Zombies, how it should have been

• We all know there were never recognized any zombies during WWII, and why should it ? The zombies had no excuse, rational reason or logik approach to suddenly pop up anywhere in 1942.

But in 1962 they have. Because now we got the Bomb, and it is the nuking that turn casualties into zombies, like when dr Bruce Banner got x-rayed and turned into the Hulk, also in 1962.

So bottom line, A&A 1962 start with the Cold War turning hot during the Cuba crisis, and we use the current OOB rules for standard play, but now we also got the Bomb, and in every territory you nuke, some casualties will turn into zombies. Now this is a story I can buy.

• You nuke a territory, it would become neutral/unusable as radiation levels would be too high. They would become zombie territories/strongholds.

Hitler was messing around with human experiments and had an interest in the occult/supernatural. This is where comics and fiction draws from when putting zombies in WWII.
    No one knows the depths the Nazis went with their medical experimentation to build “super soldiers” and a pure arian race.

• If zombies get big, they said they might expand the zombie brand into other games. I told them to make a set of cards for G40, that would be interesting as hell to see.

• @Caesar:

If zombies get big, they said they might expand the zombie brand into other games. I told them to make a set of cards for G40, that would be interesting as hell to see.

Personally that doesn’t quite feel ‘good’ to me. For me Global is a way too serious game for that. On the other hand: no one will ‘force’ us to use these cards.

If they want to continue on this road then I suggest a more space/superweapon/technology game. I mentioned this earlier somewhere here on this subforum: German secret base on Antarctica,… stuff like that. US base on the moon? Why not?

But most of all (off-topic here, I know) I like to see an Axis and Allies Med game.

• yes, I’ve been waiting for a Med theatre game since Guadelcanal.

I think the battles, Stalingrad/Kursk/Cassino/etc, would do great using the A&A system. Sculpts are done so it would be the map, special rules and VC to do.

Porting the system to other eras would be the next logical step now that WWII is completely covered and fairly balanced.

• @robert:

Porting the system to other eras would be the next logical step now that WWII is completely covered and fairly balanced.

I am still waiting for a 1939 startline with Polish units and neutrals that actually are true neutrals, and a map with Norway as 3 territories.

• With G40 being two boards, they need to up it to four in a square formation.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

It’s a great idea, and you can do all sorts of goofy stuff in a 1962 setting including an alien invasion event that could force the US and USSR to work together. Plus why not cash in on the new Red Scare consuming the US’s news cycle?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m