• Quick question: While I am fairly certain there is no rule saying that countries can secede from the Axis/Allied powers, is there any rule against it? If, in an odd turn of events, the USSR no longer wanted to fight the Axis, could they stop?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I imagine that you could always refrain from attacking the Axis, if you so chose to do so.  However, you would not be permitted to attack the allies.

• you can always how ever make house rules allowing it or even for a free for all game. or change up the alliances. but remember the set up is for Germany to fight the others alone in Europe so a lot of rules would have to be altered (teritory value, who ones them, and starting units) to even it up.

• Well, basicly what me and one of my buddies did was that we agreed that since the United States was pretty much doing nothing and it was hard to move their units, we just dropped the United States and on the collect income pahse, distributed the money evenly across the Allied AND Axis powers. As for Russia, I really haven’t thought about it.

• Axis and Allies should really be called:  The Axis, Allies and the Soviets. The Soviet and Allies work too much together and its something thats totally lost from the reality of this war. The only thing they had in common was the common enemy. Germany and Japan were basically fighting separate wars at the same time.

It would be like somehow linking the idea of the American colonies as allies of Napoleon in 1812 because both fight British and then totally coordinating the American plans ( e.g. landing the American army in France to fight Wellington at Waterloo)

As i have said for 10 Years now. The 2 player style of Axis and Allies playing has totally ruined the games real value, because it was designed as a multi player event with everybody doing different things and often not at all coordinated.

I don’t see why we couldnt have a house rule that makes it three sides:

Russia VS Germany (Japan is Neutral)
    England and America VS Germany and Japan
    Japan vs England and America (Russia is Neutral)

Basically, Russia and Japan are prohibited from attacking each other.  To stop the allies from mounting a campaign from Russia into Japan, charge the allies 1 IPC for every ground unit in a RED territory.  Red units in brown or green territories cannot defend against Japan, Japanese forces may treat those units as non-existent (they can blitz through or land there, etc.)

• But in that style of game you need other things because the allies can land in Russia and play the ‘Vietcong army’ and escape death by retreating across into Russia. Also, Germans need some other help and you’ll have to give them Italy because they have all of Russia’s might against them.

@Imperious:

But in that style of game you need other things because the allies can land in Russia and play the ‘Vietcong army’ and escape death by retreating across into Russia. Also, Germans need some other help and you’ll have to give them Italy because they have all of Russia’s might against them.

I thought I ruled that out?

Here’s what I had attempted to say, in a different way of saying it.

1)  Japan may not attack Red Territories or Russian Units.
    2)  Russia may not defend British or American territories. (Russian forces in British or American territories are ignored when combat with Japan occurs.)
    3)  Russia may not attack Japanese territories (defined as YELLOW territories) or Japanese forces. (Only way to liberate Sinkiang would be if Germany put a unit in there and Russia attacked the unit, thus liberating it (even with Japanese forces on it) for America.  It would be immediately reconquered by Japan unless America put units there however.)) This discourages Germany from racing across the board to work with Japan on SBRing Russia as well, mind you.
    4)  Obviously, from point 3, Japanese forces in the same territory as German forces being attacked by Russia are ignored.
    5)  British and American units may only be in Red Territories IF they pay 1 IPC per unit stationed there.  That’s going to get VERY expensive if you attempt to build an army in Karelia or SFE or something.  But it allows America to run away from China since that only costs America 2 IPC to escape (for the one round you are in Kazakh SSR) to save 6 IPC in units.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m