• '19 Moderator

Well it seems the Pope finaly got my memo.  The Catholic church has moved St. Patricks day to the 15th this year, my birthday.  Let the beer flow freely.  And god help the fool that shows up at my party with green beer.

Respect the beer people!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

That screws everything up.

My wedding anniversary falls between the Ides of March and Saint Patrick’s Day!  Now it just falls after BOTH the Ides of March AND Saint Patricks Day.

Not to mention, how is this going to effect Shamrock Shakes!!!  Does that mean 2 less days!!!  That could prematurely end the universe as we know it!

Next thing that will happen is that cats and dogs will live together and the universe will degenerate into complete pandemonium!

• '19 Moderator

That’s terrible for you, This is me drinking a Guinness in Belfast City, I will be practicing for next time this Saturday.

Guinness2.jpg

• '19 Moderator

If drinking your pint doesn’t give you a foam mustache it’s hardly worth drinking.

• Did you hear about the petition to make St. Patrick’s Day an official holiday (by Guinness & Anheuser Busch?)?  Why the hell isn’t it one already?

Dammit, you are making me thirsty, dezrt.  Gonna have to get one of those tonight.

• '19 Moderator

I hadn’t heard about the petition, they must not be trying hard enough.  I would have signed it a few times already.

Make it a federal holiday, so I get it paid every year!

And drop this President’s day crap too!  I want Washington, Jefferson AND Lincoln’s birthdays off…actually, I think EVERY PRESIDENT (except Hoover and Carter) should have their birthday as a federal, national holiday!

WEG

• 2007 AAR League

dezert, i didnt know you were catholic.

i dont even know what i’m going to do this year.  i want to go to the bars all day but its expensive.  but i also dont want to go to another damn party where its always beerpong, beerdie, drinking card games, tippy cup races, etc.  b/c they are usually at my place.  and i have to clean up.

so, i’ll probably go to a bar all day and play it by ear at night.  thank God spring break for me starts on patty’s day.  everyone acts irish for a day.  but i never act mexican on cinco de mayo, i just get drunk off of corona and tequila.

whats anybody else doing for patty’s day?

• '19 Moderator

I’m not, St. Patrick is a catholic Saint though.  Besides when any religion does something as cool as move the best holiday of the year to my birthday I agree with them, even if it’s for one day.

• @Cmdr:

Make it a federal holiday, so I get it paid every year!

How about a feral holiday? :-D

(And I’m allowed to say that because I’m of Irish descent.) ~ZP

• '19 Moderator

I think it should be a feral federal holiday…

I think Budweiser should be legally required to mail a case of beer to every war veteran’s home on St. Patrick’s day. :P

• As a Neo-Pagan I have a personal opposition to St Patrick’s Day.  The “driving of the snakes from Ireland” is a euphemism.  In reality the “snakes” were the last of the Druids that had survived the purges of St. Columbo.

• 2007 AAR League

his magic beat their magic.  :-P

as once said before “you’re kung fu is weak”

• @balungaloaf:

his magic beat their magic.  :-P

as once said before “you’re kung fu is weak”

The above quote made me remember this post at YouTube…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpjT06kP3Mk

• @Cmdr:

I think Budweiser should be legally required to mail a case of beer to every war veteran’s home on St. Patrick’s day. :P

Real drinkers would take offense to that, lol.  8-)

I don’t know if the petition is still open, but here is a link:

http://www.proposition317.com/gateway.html?RhCountry=US&RhYear=1970&RhMonth=9&RhDay=7

• '19 Moderator

I signed it, I can’t believe only 270k people have signed it.

By the way I put away about 15 pints o’ the Guinness and a half a bottle of Jameson’s on Saturday, yummy

• @dezrtfish:

I signed it, I can’t believe only 270k people have signed it.

By the way I put away about 15 pints o’ the Guinness and a half a bottle of Jameson’s on Saturday, yummy

Lol, you’re a champ.  I suspect I’ll be doing about the same.  Depends on if I can meet the lady friend or not.

• '19 Moderator

Fortunately Sunday was a slow day, I wasn’t good for much…  :-P

• '11

No one did any Irish car bombs? WTF.    :-D  They’re a tradition, just like presents at Christmas.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m