• Greetings, whoever is responsible for fixing tripleA needs to look into the dice variances. They are unrealistic and the dice just made me want to stop playing on here. I have had too many occurrences now to call them random. Simply put the dice are nonsense for keeping it G rated. They take the joy out of playing tripleA. If it can be fixed in needs fixing, if not then it’s a flawed game. The defensive rolls on 2’s hit at an alarming rate (85%)……defensive rolls in general are seriously flawed and unrealistic. I have been complaining about this to my real life friends at first thinking it was random and venting my frustrations but now I am certain that they are NOT random. They don’t even come close to average rolls.

In a real life game you may have 1/10 crazy unrealistic rolls in a game but here my experience has been 3/5. Anti Aircraft on SBR on Calcutta as an example shoots down 1 of my bombers 4/5 times. This is nonsense. It really takes the joy out of playing tripleA and that’s a shame in my opinion

Thank you and have a great day

• You might be interested in this thread, especially the second posting there:

https://forums.triplea-game.org/topic/890/show-code-for-dice-algorithm

• '17

@Leatherneckinlv:

Greetings, whoever is responsible for fixing tripleA needs to look into the dice variances. They are unrealistic and the dice just made me want to stop playing on here. I have had too many occurrences now to call them random. Simply put the dice are nonsense for keeping it G rated. They take the joy out of playing tripleA. If it can be fixed in needs fixing, if not then it’s a flawed game. The defensive rolls on 2’s hit at an alarming rate (85%)……defensive rolls in general are seriously flawed and unrealistic. I have been complaining about this to my real life friends at first thinking it was random and venting my frustrations but now I am certain that they are NOT random. They don’t even come close to average rolls.

In a real life game you may have 1/10 crazy unrealistic rolls in a game but here my experience has been 3/5. Anti Aircraft on SBR on Calcutta as an example shoots down 1 of my bombers 4/5 times. This is nonsense. It really takes the joy out of playing tripleA and that’s a shame in my opinion

Thank you and have a great day

I agree that the dice has too many outliers and is not really close to the odds. However, it works both ways. If you keep that in mind, you can still have fun!

• '17

The consensus is that we’re wrong.

I’m not whining about the dice. It works both ways.

I remember rolling like 18 tanks @3 by hand (Germany stack just inside Russia) and getting like 3 or 4 hits in a table top game 1st roll (don’t remember the exact amount but it was pathetically below average). My stack was defending. I messed up where I placed it. It was against a guy with a screen name of Jonathan Rost (playing the Global 1942 setup).

I lost that game due partly due to that ridiculous outcome (probably would have lost it anyways, Jonathan is really good). Anyways, I understand that outliers occur. HOWEVER, they occur way too often it seems in triplea. However, I’m often I’m a benefactor.

So, it’s good to keep in mind that outlier outcomes, like 4 infantry rolling 4 defense hits 1st round while a stack of planes throws a miss, does happen; but it happens for both sides.

I do believe that AAA hit more than 1/6 overall against bombing runs.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41002.msg1717622#msg1717622

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m