Is killing Sea Zone 110 an absolute must?

• Not a must but it buys Germany and Italy some time.

• The French fighter is worth even less?  With that mentality no wonder some of those French patriots left the RAF to fly Yaks for the Soviets.  Besides, we mustn’t forget that France has a unique ability no other Allied power possess: going after Italy.  Sometimes that French fighter can he a pain for this very reason.

On a more serious note, are you not bringing in submarines to attack 110 in your 111 strafe scenario?

• '20

No dd, no sub hits by RAF

• '17 '16 '15

@Charles:

The French fighter is worth even less?  With that mentality no wonder some of those French patriots left the RAF to fly Yaks for the Soviets.  Besides, we mustn’t forget that France has a unique ability no other Allied power possess: going after Italy.  Sometimes that French fighter can he a pain for this very reason.

On a more serious note, are you not bringing in submarines to attack 110 in your 111 strafe scenario?

heh heh

yea I try to save the French ftr just because it can’t reproduce. Or is unlikely too : ) 2 inf on an allied trprt with a ftr does project  some power that can’t be completely ignored

• @barney:

heh heh

yea I try to save the French ftr just because it can’t reproduce. Or is unlikely too : ) 2 inf on an allied trprt with a ftr does project�  some power that can’t be completely ignored

Nice idea, 2 French infantry on a UK Tranny and 1 French Fighter on a UK Carrier, starting from Gibraltar Naval Base, moving after US, UK and Italy, must keep this in mind and try next game….

• '19 '17 '16

@Charles:

What colt said.

• Fighters or no fighters, my question still remains.  Are you bringing in a submarine or three to take hits from the cruiser and battleship?

• '19 '17 '16

@Charles:

Fighters or no fighters, my question still remains.  Are you bringing in a submarine or three to take hits from the cruiser and battleship?

Yes, two.

• I agree with the above statement that the importance of preserving the Luftwaffe outweighs the need to take out the BB in SZ110, in addition to any fighters scrambled. Additionally, by foregoing SZ110, as Germany you can also preserve your BB on G1 for use in later rounds or in the hopes of consolidating your fleet with the Italians in the Med.

• My concern about leaving a UK fleet of any kind is making it easier for them to:

1. build in ME or Africa immediately because they don’t have to spend for defense in London
    2. they can more easily put together a landing fleet to take Norway, or with U.S. help, enter the Baltic, or simply force me to keep a strong defense force on W. Germany and Paris.

• And when the US does come knocking it means that they can spend almost fully on trannys and men rather than carriers and destroyers to protect them, which means more of them will come or the Japanese player will take even more heat.

• '15 '14

I had many games where I skipped 110, I had also games where I skipped 111.

The difference to not attacking both, 110 and 111 is reduced variance.

• Well, it depends on the level of the allied players.  I can usually tell by my opponents uk1/us1 moves and buys whether I have a 100% to perhaps little over 50% chance to win the game, depending on bid.  A lot of players give the allies away at too high a bid, and take the allies at too low a bid.  All of this is much more important than if Germany decides to attack only one of the two szs.  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m