• If you decide to take Southern France as Germany, what do you normally attack it with? On turn 1 the only land units available are 3 tanks from GSG. Do you use just these or do you throw in an air unit or 2 to make sure?

• '17

I use 2 mech from w. Germany and 1 tank from GSG. Maybe a plane if required.

• 2 Mechs & 2 Tanks or 2 Mechs, 1 Tank, 1 Tac Bomber

• damn never even realized the mech inf from West Germany… thanks for that

• If I go after Southern France I will normally bring either:

1. 3 mech (W. Germany) + 1 tank (GSG). This is what I normally would send at Normandy so if I’m not doing Normandy I would send it at S. France instead.

or

1. 2 mech (W. Germany) + 1 tactical bomber (Germany) + 1 fighter (Slovakia). I go with this option when I decide to take all French territories, hit the french navy, and SZ110. It doesn’t fix your problems in the Atlantic very well but it sets you up well for action in the Med.

Alternatively,

You could attack it turn 2 with surviving slow movers in Paris.

• '21 '18 '16

is a slight gamble but tac from W Germany, mech from W germany, armor from G Southern Germany
    Land tac in S Italy for possible scrambling

• @seancb:

is a slight gamble but tac from W Germany, mech from W germany, armor from G Southern Germany
    Land tac in S Italy for possible scrambling

A gamble matters on what you plan for G2

If you’re interested in using S. France to help Italy, no gambling.

• Southern France seems to be the Norm in my games. I usually take it to setup a port in the med for me to work off.

All depends on the plan.

• If S. France can be useful for Germany if they want to put boats in the Med on G2…

Does Normandy have a use in early game that would be a reason to take it on G1 instead of S. France?

I’ve used Normandy on G3 to help block U.S. navy when I do Sea Lion, but that’s doesn’t require a G1 attack.

• One that I could think of is that it is a Axis port in SZ 110 and SZ 105. A few ideas that popped into my head that didnt work:

1. IPC’s (S. France is worth more)
    2. Facilities (S. France has both)

If I take S. France, Italy is taking Normandy on I2 to bolster their Income. Straffing Normandy is also an option so that you can leave it French so the US cant use the IC there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m