• '20 '19 '18

This isn’t my house rule (yet), but it just occurred to me that the OOB rule for scrambling air units is a bit odd. Specifically, why is scrambling restricted to adjacent sea zones? Why not adjacent territories, as well?

While I haven’t playtested it yet, I’m just curious as to whether anyone has tried this and if so, what they thought of the rule.

• @The:

This isn’t my house rule (yet), but it just occurred to me that the OOB rule for scrambling air units is a bit odd. Specifically, why is scrambling restricted to adjacent sea zones? Why not adjacent territories, as well?

While I haven’t playtested it yet, I’m just curious as to whether anyone has tried this and if so, what they thought of the rule.

Try it. Can scramble up to 3 planes from any AB but then all planes in a battle have to have 1 round of dogfight. Then the scrambled planes have to fly back to AB or a territory if have movement left. Or if that’s too strong for the scrambling planes you have a Dog fight until one side only has planes left.

• Mine expands it farther, you can scramble aircraft to any territory it can legally reach .

• @Caesar:

Mine expands it farther, you can scramble aircraft to any territory it can legally reach .

Yes My suggestion is M5 to any where. Shouldnt get to scramble from a territory unless it has a Abase.

• @SS:

@Caesar:

Mine expands it farther, you can scramble aircraft to any territory it can legally reach .

Yes My suggestion is M5 to any where. Shouldnt get to scramble from a territory unless it has a Abase.

I’ve taken it beyond that, I think one should be able to scramble off carriers, it literally is the same thing as an airbase except it can’t hold long ranger bombers.

• @Caesar:

@SS:

@Caesar:

I’ve taken it beyond that, I think one should be able to scramble off carriers, it literally is the same thing as an airbase except it can’t hold long ranger bombers.

I agree with planes can scramble from carriers.
    I took it a futher step beyond that. My land Tac and figs move 5 6 from base but you can only have Naval Dive Bombers and Naval Fighters on my carriers and both planes can only move 4.

But you shouldnt get to take off from an airbase and land anywhere u want after battle. Not every ground territory u could land a plane. So only can scramble from an airbase to anywhere and back to the same airbase or an airbase in another territory.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

The GRAND TEAM (my team) does scrambling from sea and land to sea and land to a adjacent territory.

• @Caesar:

And move back again to the original airbase? (2 steps to contested zone and 2 steps to move back)

• @Ozymandiac:

@Caesar:

And move back again to the original airbase? (2 steps to contested zone and 2 steps to move back)

Basically yes but I thought about doing a rule where it can scramble to another airbase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m