• I dont ever want to grow up sells IPC Chips on their website

Is 50 chips enough?
    (25x1,15x5,10x10)

• Not really understanding your question.

• '18 '17

It’s not even enough for the starting cash for G40 (241 IPC’s).  We use an old poker ship set I had from years ago.  It has white, red, blue and black chips which we use as 1, 5, 10 and 25 IPC counters, respectively.

• '18 '17

• @DataHawk:

I dont ever want to grow up sells IPC Chips on their website

Is 50 chips enough?
    (25x1,15x5,10x10)

It really depends on the game you want them to use for.
    Add the starting incomes plus National Objectives plus tech-related gains to get an idea of the total amount you might need.

• '18 '17

Yeah, Global has 120+ IPC’s worth of possible NO’s, some of which are of course exclusive of one another.  But my guess would be you need enough chips to have at least 300 IPC’s in play.

• @Navymule:

Yeah, Global has 120+ IPC’s worth of possible NO’s, some of which are of course exclusive of one another.  But my guess would be you need enough chips to have at least 300 IPC’s in play.

This is our general response to that.

The IWNGU IPC set was designed when AA50th was first released and works well for that. It works for either E40 or P40 separately as well. And, of course, it’s slight overkill for 41/42.

G40 is another beast altogether.

• Thank you for your responses
    I should have specified “Axis and Allies Anniversary 2017 Edition”,
    However I am curious now…how many IPC’s do you need for the Global Game?

The game comes with Paper Money: 90 Bills Total (480 IPC’s)
    30 One IPC Bills (green)
    30 Five IPC Bills (red)
    30 Ten IPC Bills (blue)

The I will never grow up set: 50 Chips (200 IPC’s)
    25 One IPC Chips
    15 Five IPC Chips
    10 Ten IPC Chips

Can you play a game of AA50 with 200 IPC’s / Is 50 chips enough?
    I want to clarify, I’m interested in the product, I just want to ensure I purchase what I need to play AA50?

• @DataHawk:

Thank you for your responses

30 One IPC Bills (green)
    30 Five IPC Bills (red)
    30 Ten IPC Bills (blue)

25 One IPC Chips
    15 Five IPC Chips
    10 Ten IPC Chips

I want to clarify, I’m interested in the product, I just want to ensure I purchase what I need to play AA50?

Starting IPC’s for AA50th, 1941 scenario is 171. For the 1942 scenario it’s 165.

We find the 200 IPC’s typically enough, but if you add in the expansion set (5 x 25’s and 5 x tech or just the 5x25’s) it’s usually more than enough.

For G40, 2 sets + 5 x 25’s is often enough.

A lot of people get individual extras to suit their own personal tastes as well.

• Is 50 chips enough?
    (25x1,15x5,10x10)

yes

• @DataHawk:

Thank you for your responses

30 One IPC Bills (green)
    30 Five IPC Bills (red)
    30 Ten IPC Bills (blue)

25 One IPC Chips
    15 Five IPC Chips
    10 Ten IPC Chips

IMHO, you should at least get the extra set of 25 IPC chips… you may or may not find the 10 IPC chips a bit lacking… contact IWNGU directly and see if you can get a few extra 10 IPC chips with your order (5 or 10 more 10 IPC chips)… then you’ll KNOW you’re good to go, and not wonder.

• @Nowhere:

IMHO, you should at least get the extra set of 25 IPC chips… you may or may not find the 10 IPC chips a bit lacking… contact IWNGU directly and see if you can get a few extra 10 IPC chips with your order (5 or 10 more 10 IPC chips)… then you’ll KNOW you’re good to go, and not wonder.

Yup, we sell chips individually on a per-chip basis as well (while supplies last … we make sure there’s extra in each print run for this).

Everyone has their own specific “needs” with their chips, so there’s definitely no way we’ll satisfy everyone with one specific set, regardless of which version of A&A they’re playing!

• Here’s a thought.  IWNGU sells sets of chips that add up to either 200 IPCs (25 x 1, 15 x 5, 10 x 10) or 125 IPCs (5 x 25).  As a way of providing some additional concentrated wealth (which would partially address the “how many chips is enough?” question asked by DataHawk), and also to reflect the fact that the A&A rules refer to each power’s “treasury” (which can be seized from a captured capital by an enemy power), would IWNGU consider creating (or redistributing, if it already exists elsewhere) a new high-value IPC unit (worth, say, 50 IPCs) which would take the form of a miniature gold-coloured ingot?  Perhaps such things are already available on the market (I haven’t checked), but it’s something I was wondering about.

• @CWO:

Here’s a thought.  IWNGU sells sets of chips that add up to either 200 IPCs (25 x 1, 15 x 5, 10 x 10) or 125 IPCs (5 x 25).  As a way of providing some additional concentrated wealth (which would partially address the “how many chips is enough?” question asked by DataHawk), and also to reflect the fact that the A&A rules refer to each power’s “treasury” (which can be seized from a captured capital by an enemy power), would IWNGU consider creating (or redistributing, if it already exists elsewhere) a new high-value IPC unit (worth, say, 50 IPCs) which would take the form of a miniature gold-coloured ingot?  Perhaps such things are already available on the market (I haven’t checked), but it’s something I was wondering about.

Interesting idea there Marc. Definitely something I’m going to look into inquire on some pricing info for! :)

• With the default set of:
    25 One IPC Chips
    15 Five IPC Chips
    10 Ten IPC Chips

for a total of 200IPC worth of chips, if production of the chips is the same (a chip is a chip as far as making them is concerned for IWNGU), I always found the base set with too few 10s and too many 1s for my use in Anniversary (not that there’s ever “too many” of anything), but if I had to have a 50-chip set of IPC chips, i’d rather it be:
    20 One IPC Chips
    15 Five IPC Chips
    15 Ten IPC Chips

for a total of 245IPC, still would cost the same to make (i’m assuming 50 chips is 50 chips) and it solves the problem of too few 10 IPC chips in the base set.

Having said that, i did order extra 10s (along with 25 IPC chips too), so my needs are satisfied and I can’t ever see myself ever needing more, but just thought i’d toss my 2-cents out there if ever IWNGU considered messing with the base set.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m