• Trying to post a pic. Let’s see if I can figure it out……

My pic was larger than 1568kb so it wouldn’t let me

• Here

https://ibb.co/hDabun

Hmmm, the link works and you can see it but how do I get it to show up here?

Turned out well for me. Very functional, the map wouldn’t fit on poker table but setting this on top does the job. Extremely easy to do.

• @Locke888:

Hmmm, the link works and you can see it but how do I get it to show up here?

When you make a new post, or edit an existing one, you’ll see a [ +Additional Options… ] menu just to the bottom-left of the txt box… click on that to upload a picture… the limit is two pictures per post, and they can’t be too large or it will say “too big” and you’ll have to reduce the file size to get the pic to fit.

• Test

The pic is from my phone which was 2.1mb.
    I emailed it to me and resized it to 900kb.
    Now the problem is it is a jpeg. I tried converting it to jpg but I don�t have enough computer skills to figure it out. Sorry guys. Link on 2nd page works though.

Moderator’s edit: Corrected the embed-link to show the image correctly.

• @Locke888:

Now the problem is it is a jpeg. I tried converting it to jpg but I don�t have enough computer skills to figure it out. Sorry guys. Link on 2nd page works though.

There is nothing to convert. “jpeg” and  “jpg” are the same. Just manually rename your file from “example.jpeg” to “example.jpg” (that means delete the "e in “jpeg”) and you are ready to attach it here.

Also the correct code to embed your image inside a posting would be:

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/gfz2Zn/84730_E8_B_FB6_C_41_F3_986_B_229_ED6875_D9_F.jpg[/img]

I have modified your above posting accordingly.

You will find this code when you scroll down on https://ibb.co/hDabun - just see “embed code”.

HTH :-)

• Geez, that was easy. Thanks p@nther.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Beautiful l! Could you please share a larger image?

• Maybe this? Larger file
    Looks a bit clearer

IMG_1998.JPG

• '17 '16 Customizer

Nice drink selection, looks great! I’m not sure if your aware, but that’s the first edition map…basically the same, a few spelling errors they fixed on second edition, though even in second edition the idiots still got things spelled wrong… in addition there is a territory change in Canada from first to second, but it’s no big deal though.

• The spelling errors are nothing that I will worry about.
    In 1st edition map sea zone 5 is connected to Korea. This map is not which leads me to believe it’s 2nd edition. What is the territory change for Canada? I have the 1st edition board in front of me but my 2nd edition is at in-laws house.

• @Locke888:

What is the territory change for Canada? I have the 1st edition board in front of me but my 2nd edition is at in-laws house.

What has been British Columbia and Yukon Territory in 1st edition has been merged to Western Canada in 2nd edition.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Locke888:

In 1st edition map sea zone 5 is connected to Korea. This map is not which leads me to believe it�s 2nd edition. What is the territory change for Canada? I have the 1st edition board in front of me but my 2nd edition is at in-laws house.

The scans on which this map is based are from a 1st edition version of the boards, but the have been changed to include all the important 2nd edition changes:

• border between Alberta and Central US

• border between Quebec and New Brunswick

• correction so that SZ 5 does not border Korea

• SZ 10 border adjusted to end at Mexico instead of end of map (real 2nd edition map has Mexico elongated to end at sea border)

So the only real thing not fixed besides some typos is the fact that the two territories mentioned earlier are merged into Western Canada. But from a game play perspective that doesn’t really bother at all.

• Thanks Tjoek. Interesting stuff. Always thought it was 2nd edition. Important stuff there so it’s good.
    Probably be playing on this beautiful board Friday night.

• Hey, I am just getting back into Axis & Allies, and was wondering where I can get the map files? I would like to print one out rather than using the ones that came with the game.

Thanks
    Smoke

• @Smoke_Bomb_Ninja:

Hey, I am just getting back into Axis & Allies, and was wondering where I can get the map files? I would like to print one out rather than using the ones that came with the game.

I know this is going to sound confusing… probably because it is confusing…

First of all, there are many versions of Axis and Allies and you didn’t specify which version you wanted to play and/or print a map for…

Possibly the biggest problem is that we don’t have a dedicated printable map forum, nor does the site even have a standard on where and how printable maps are located on the forums. Some maps are stickied in their games forum  (like 1941), some are stickied in the customization forum and some are stickied in the varients forum… still others can be in any of these forums and might not be stickied at all…

Thirdly, with few exceptions,  most versions of Axisand Allies have multiple printable maps from one or more people… so you need to figure out which one of (possible) many you actually want to print.

I wish this site had just one forum where all maps for ALL versions of Axis and Allies were stored to make them easy to find… or at the very least, a standard existed and was enforced by moderators that maps for A&A version-X go in version-X’s subforum, and if it’s not there, it gets moved there.

Right now, if you want to print a map, there’s a good chance you have to visit at least three forums for a chance at finding all possible maps for each version of A&A… customizations, variants and the proper sub-forum… it’s all pretty confusing,  especially if you’re new around here…

• https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39696.0

Start here. Mostly global maps and an AA50 map I believe.
    Also check out siredblood�s map. Gorgeous map with a different look.

In 1914’s forum Imperious Leader has a map stickied there that I may print next.

• He never said what version he’s wanting to print and since that’s his first post, no history to work with on this guy as to what he plays… so at this point everyone is just guessing what version he plays, but nobody actually knows.

That’s why I mentioned every forum they are in, I don’t want to just assume he plays version-x.

:-P

• My apologies, I started playing back in the 80’s with the original release of the game and haven’t played much since then as a result of college, getting married, and starting a family. Anyway my nephew is studying WW2 and is an avid board game player and is very interested in learning to play Axis & Allies so I decided to get back into the game.

I picked up Axis & Allies 1940 Europe 2nd Edition and Axis & Allies 1940 Pacific 2nd Edition. After setting up the boards I am not a fan of how easy they could be knocked apart. I am looking for a good global 1940 map that I can print as a single piece.

Thanks

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Smoke_Bomb_Ninja:

I am looking for a good global 1940 map that I can print as a single piece.

Luckily there are a few fellow forum members working on different versions of the Global 1940 map, including myself  :-)

Young Grasshopper has a list of Global 1940 maps
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41411.0

Siredblood just finished his complete artwork redesign of the map
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39013.0

Tjoek (aka myself) am about to release my cleaned up version of the scans that Young Grasshopper lists
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39379.0

So there are quite some options available (and I’m sure I’ve missed some others out there) to print your own Global 1940 map.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m