• SnakeEyes,
    Thank you.  i really appreciate that.  I will purchase the game from you as soon as my situation allows me to do it.  I really wan’t to Thank you for taking al leap of faith on me for this game.  Keep up the excellent work and may you have a very prosperous Kick Starter and be blessed in all of your future game creations.

Very Respectfully

WARRIOR888

• Imperious Leader, Warrior,

Thank you; I know how lousy it is to see an opportunity pass by just because of temporary set back. We’ve all been there.

And I appreciate your sentiment. This game has never been about a profit; we’re just really wanting to produce this puppy. Indeed, I wish it could be cheaper, but the 800+ pieces are the major expense, as I’m sure everyone here knows well enough.

My goal now is the make sure the game has the best components, air-tight and easy rules, and a historically accurate simulation.

Again, thanks for the well wishes all along, and for backing the game!

Eric  :-)

• Gentlemen.

Here is a little of my Family History, My Father and most of my Uncles were in Vietnam.  My Father served in the USAF 819 Red Horse Engineering Squadron and was assigned to the following locations in country. Ben Wah Air Base, Da Nang Air Base, Tan Son Nhut Air Base, Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base and TTakhli Royal Thai Air Force Base. I discovered all this after he passed away many years ago. I spoke with my mother about this last weekend and she thought he never left Ben Wah.  I found his medals that he hid from everybody so he was not heavily ridiculed for serving in Vietnam. Unfortunate that he hid them and didn’t wear them while he was still active… It was an heart felt moment for me when my wife and i found them and the certificates of presentation. He received a medal for each base he was assigned to during Vietnam. I had an Uncle who was a USMC Embassy Guard and another who was signed to the Task Force 77 as a Petty Officer in charge of Aircraft repairs aboard the USS Kitty Hawk. Note spelling on the Vietnam bases maybe in shambles Iv’e seen them spelled several ways, so I choose the spelling that looked best to me. If anyone can find anything on Ben Wah Airbase please let me know i have searched the web and can not find even a reference to it so far. My mother still has several letters envelopes from that time with the APO so I know it was a real US Base.
    WARRIOR888

• That’s very cool, Warrior. What a history of service!

Here’s a link to the airbase you might find interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bien_Hoa_Air_Base

Yeah, the biggest airbase in Vietnam, I believe. Pretty impressive!!!

Eric :-)

• '17 '16 '15

does the “Special Edition” include the “Jumbo Map” ?

• Barney,

Yes it does! Automatically (and you still get your normal maps, too).

:-D

• '17 '16 '15

Far Out ! As they say in the restaurant business " Order Up " : )

• '17 '16 '15

So looked like an email will be sent requesting shipping info ? Didn’t want to make the account thing.

• Barney,

Yes, about a day or two after the campaign ends, I’ll be sending out an e-mail to each and every backer to (a) confirm that they are getting what they want, and (b) their shipping information.

When the games are actually produced and ready for shipment, I’ll follow up with another e-mail to make sure you didn’t move or so, just to make sure there’s no chance for a mistake.

Eric :-)

• '17 '16 '15

Sweet

Thanks

• SnakeEyes,

How do I contact you after the Kickstarter is over?

WARRIOR888

• Hi Warrior,

Feel free to just message me directly through the server here, as others have been doing. I typically respond the same day. :-)

Eric

• SnakeEyes,

I don’t know if you are looking to expand the aircraft in your 73 game. Here are several ideas:

General Dynamics F-111 Fighter Bombers capable of delivering nuclear weapons were a mainstay for USAFE during the Cold War. The 20th TFW stationed at RAF Upper Heyford, UK participated in F-111 NATO and US unilateral operations Shabaz, Display Determination, Cold Fire, Ocean Safari, Datex, Priory, Reforger, Dawn Patrol, Highwood, Hammer, and others from January 1972 to October 1993. The 474th Nellis AFB, Nevada sent their General Dynamics F-111, and the 366th TFW at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, sent their F-111Fs to RAF Lakenheath in early 1977 for additional USAFE SAC bombers. Between the two bases during the 1980s they had roughly 150 bombers combined. These were known as are front line bombers to stop the WARSAW PACT while I was assigned to 81st TFW RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge twin bases 1981-1986 A-10 Thunderbolt IIs.  B-52s were on a rotation to RAF Fairford, RAF Menwithhill and RAF Upper Heyford.

Second Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II were operational at multiple bases in USAFE during the Cold War. 1972 onwards.

WARRIOR888

• Warrior,

I know that F-111s were operating out of Thailand and Nellis in 1972, but were any deployed in Europe that early?

Eric

• SnakeEyes,

From my knowledge F-111’s begin to arrive in 3rd Air Force USAFE Jan 1972 at RAF Upper Heyford and the last F-111’s were sent in 1977 to RAF Lakenheath. Any other questions please let me know.

WARRIOR888

• Do you know how many F-111s were at Heyford in '72? A single squadron, perhaps?

Thanks,
    Eric

• SnakeEyes, Per your request

20th Tactical Fighter Wing – RAF Upper Heyford

55th Tactical Fighter Squadron F-111E 1971–1993
    77th Tactical Fighter Squadron F-111E 1971–1993
    79th Tactical Fighter Squadron F-111E 1971–1993
    All three Squadrons were fully combat ready by November 1972.
    Some of these Aircraft  and F-111s from RAF Lakenheath pulverized Kadaffi years later.

So I would for game purposes say 3 squadrons available for 72-73.

WARRIOR888

• Great info! Thanks, Warrior!

• Eric,

You had stated you would be sending out an email to confirm about getting what we wanted. I have not recieved an email. Kickstarter would not allow me to follow up on my initial pledge and would appreciate an opportunity to add the additional items I had wanted.

Thanks

• SnakeEyes,

I just was hired for a transportation position 3 weeks ago full time.  Now I am playing catch up with collection agencies, It will be around mid September before I can pay for a GOLD Edition.
    If I want to purchase extra B-52s so I have a total of 12 bombers and additional Migs how much do I need to add to my current $185.00 pledge amount?  Second When I do pay can you process a visa debit card for payment or a Paypal transaction thru someone else??

V/R

WARRIOR888

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m