Pacific Allies should always attack Japan turn 2

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@MeinHerr:

That move (I named Mahatma Gambit)… where the UK DD or BB is places with the Japanese Navy, (in peace - hence the � Mahatma�)  and Anzac declares … screwing up the Japanese Transport Combat … was played on the Day-after-Thanksgiving game on Frin Nov 28th,2014 in Seattle, WA. There were 7 people who played that day.

Details are here:
    https://www.meetup.com/Tacoma-Axis-and-Allies-Meet-Up-Group/events/204823582/

Some of those players are members and contributors here.

No mention of such a move was ever mentioned in this Forum before then, and before you know it… there were people trying to �rename� it…

Just for the record.

Hey MeinHerr!    :lol:

I fully admit that I didn’t invent it.  I think I came across it when it was used against me awhile back in the league.

The “Sneaky Karl” thing stemmed from me using it against Gargantua in a FtoF in Vancouver BC.  Garg refused to believe it and emailed Larry Harris himself.  Larry responded and called the move “bull*hit” if I recall, but Krieg confirmed its legality.

Then Garg used it in Grasshopper’s tourney and called it the Sneaky Karl.  General Handgrenade saw this and then made a video about the move, calling it thus.

I don’t really care what it’s called.  Mahatma Gambit is pretty good too.  Or how about “The Anzac Steamer”… LOL.

Not sure anyone can claim a “right” to name a move that is contemplated by the rules.  Frankly, I think it’s pretty gamey and should be changed so that Anzac DOW doesn’t bring in UK.

Hey MeinHerr, just for fun I checked out your meet up post from November 28, 2014.  Didn’t see the Sneaky Karl/Mahatma Gambit/Anzac Steamer/Gargantua’s Bane being played…  Did I miss it?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

GHG named the move prior to the TG6CON tournament after reviewing our dispute spill over into the forums haha

Mahatma Gambit 0

Sneaky Karl 1

I remember now, Larry Harris called it “BS” in short form.

So, as the creator of the game, MeinHerr, I think he has the ultimate right and priority to name such things.

Let the move forever be known as the “BS Move.”

Sorry MeinHerr…  :lol:

• '22 '16

It could also be known as the DOH! when the Japanese player realizes they should of left their transports loaded.

@majikforce:

It could also be known as the DOH! when the Japanese player realizes they should of left their transports loaded.

Yes!  I like it.

• I love the new name! They pulled a Homer! DOH!

• The sneaky Karl is a pain in the ass move.  It works only once against a given opponent, though.

I always do a J1 or J2 DOW unless something goes horribly wrong in mainland Asia and I need my air force to clean up disaster zones.  The Axis needs to get their income up to ~150 as soon as possible or they will inevitably lose the game no matter the strategic positions on the board.  The Allies can play a game of attrition if they are will to trade units at a slightly bad ratio of ~1 : 1.2

The only reasons that I would do a UK2 DOW is if Japan messes up with their naval strategy or if I knew stacking Yunnan would prevent Japan from attacking that territory on J3.  Otherwise the extra round of delaying the US from entering the war is usually catastrophic for the Allies.

• '19 '17 '16

I would usually do it if it means I can defend Yunnan J3 but not likely otherwise. A few IPCs aren’t a big enough swing for the allies to justify the opportunities it gives Japan and removes from USA.

• @Karl7:

Hey MeinHerr, just for fun I checked out your meet up post from November 28, 2014.  Didn’t see the Sneaky Karl/Mahatma Gambit/Anzac Steamer/Gargantua’s Bane being played…  Did I miss it?

Karl….
    Meetup forum does not discuss move-by-move. The purpose of Mertup is different. But on Nov 28,2014… I mentioned the fact I played the move there and WROTE THIS…, you will see it as you scroll down half-way:

[“ If at all you guys remember this game for…. you have seen something truly historic , that in my opinion has never ever been played.
    I call the " Ram’s Mahatma Gambit". You know the details.
    I was made fun of, and it was belittled, but on inspection, esp. against an unsuspecting opponent it is very devastating.
    In my opinion it will change the game forever.
    Despite everything, do take comfort in the fact that you saw it being played for the first time ever!”]

And on Nov 30th, 2014 … put that info here on the aforementioned thread.

So, hope I have connected enough dots for you to comprehend.

So, yes Harris may have called it BS… (maybe he himself was not aware)… and you and others have renamed it or even back then called to rename it.

Obviously, so some reason… my chosen term was for some unknown reason… not pleasing to some people.

However, since you brought it up in this thread earlier… in BOLD FONT Letters… I had to correct you… to just keep the record straight.
    So what you choose to call it now, is up to your conscience.

(BTW, in event you did not read the whole plan… there are 2 variations… one only with UK DD… one with the UK BB and DD!)

@MeinHerr:

@Karl7:

Hey MeinHerr, just for fun I checked out your meet up post from November 28, 2014.  Didn’t see the Sneaky Karl/Mahatma Gambit/Anzac Steamer/Gargantua’s Bane being played…  Did I miss it?

I had to correct you…. to just keep the record straight.

Stop MeinHerr, you are killing me…  :lol: :lol:

Don’t worry about me, my conscience is troubled not one iota by calling it the “Anzac Steamer” or the “DOH!”  In fact, I think my conscience is improved when I call the move by fun names that underscore the move’s unseemly, gamey nature.

Indeed I would caution you about being so assertive on naming rights to a move to a game owned by thousands, some of whom likely put this together before you but never said anything.

But hey, in the spirit of A&A camaraderie, I challenge you to a triple a league game on the forum.  If you win, I’l forever call the move whatever you like, including “Karl’s Shame” if you like.  :lol:

Accept?  :evil:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Fight fight fight!

A game must resolve this!

• '18 '17 '16

A fight to the death may resolve this grudge, but the world will still call it the Sneaky Karl (my fault). I named it after the first time that I had heard of it. If you have another tricky move that makes your opponent call you everything but a pervert then tell me what it is and I’ll make a video naming it after you, MeinHerr.

Like Karl you will become an immortal and then your death match will become the stuff of legend.

THE GROUND’S ALREADY SHAKING!!

@GeneralHandGrenade:

A fight to the death may resolve this grudge, but the world will still call it the Sneaky Karl (my fault). I named it after the first time that I had heard of it. If you have another tricky move that makes your opponent call you everything but a pervert then tell me what it is and I’ll make a video naming it after you, MeinHerr.

Like Karl you will become an immortal and then your death match will become the stuff of legend.

THE GROUND’S ALREADY SHAKING!!

The Sneaky Herr!!

I love it!

• This thread is one big joke and I love it.

GO GET HIM KARL!

• Ye can call it wherever you are whatever you want.
    But on this forum it will be the

Sneaky Karl!

KILL KILL KILL!!!

• TripleA

I don’t know who first played this move, but I don’t think it matters.

With a name so great it will always be remembered. The sneaky Karl is a wonderful name.

• What I think the Allies should do is this: Russia should move their tank and mech from Stalingrad into Sikang, and their fighter and tac bomber from Moscow into Szechwan. The 18 troops and 2 AAA should come together in Amur. The F.E.C. should move their air units into Szechwan, and their land units into Burma. Now, we’ve got a stand-off in Manchuria/Amur. Neither side really wants to attack, since they’re both able to really hurt each other, but the Manchurians can’t go south, because they don’t want to lose Korea or Manchuria. In the south, the FEC can either reconquer Yunnan or reinforce it. After a few turns, Japan will be starved of income, and attention can turn to Europe. Also, because of this early weakening of Japan, the US fleet will be in less danger long-term, since Japan can’t build a huge fleet. This allows the US to start focusing on Europe.

@Karl7:

@MeinHerr:

@Karl7:

Hey MeinHerr, just for fun I checked out your meet up post from November 28, 2014.  Didn’t see the Sneaky Karl/Mahatma Gambit/Anzac Steamer/Gargantua’s Bane being played…  Did I miss it?

I had to correct you…. to just keep the record straight.

Stop MeinHerr, you are killing me…  :lol: :lol:

Don’t worry about me, my conscience is troubled not one iota by calling it the “Anzac Steamer” or the “DOH!”  In fact, I think my conscience is improved when I call the move by fun names that underscore the move’s unseemly, gamey nature.

Indeed I would caution you about being so assertive on naming rights to a move to a game owned by thousands, some of whom likely put this together before you but never said anything.

But hey, in the spirit of A&A camaraderie, I challenge you to a triple a league game on the forum.  If you win, I’l forever call the move whatever you like, including “Karl’s Shame” if you like.  :lol:

Accept?  :evil:

It’s been 4 days, and not a peep from MeinHerr re: my challenge for the naming right to the Anzac DOW w/UK DD amongst Japanese trns fleet.

I guess he concedes the point.  :|

Good for him to finally see reason and logic!

Long live the Sneaky Karl!

Ahahahahahahah!  :evil:

• Nobody messes with the Sneaky Karl!

Everything else is…well

Bah mungus!! :x

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m