Japanese believe in extra-terrestrials

• a few days ago

a high ranked Japanese official, not sure if he is a minister in the government said that aliens exist and that the preparations against possible invasion should be done, but he didnt specify the time

i was at least surprised, the Japanese are indeed special like a nation, but sometimes they overexagarrate

• :-o
    I think that the Japanese might be from another world too! :roll:

• where did you read that amon?

• 2007 AAR League

its about time they put all those ideas from their cartoons to use

• @JWW:

where did you read that amon?

i read it on tv news
    but i didnt see the picture, just read it…but its said its a high official or minister, i ll try to find more

• '19 Moderator

Great news site dezrtfish. And I love the way it is written. :-D

• @Amon:

a few days ago

a high ranked Japanese official, not sure if he is a minister in the government said that aliens exist and that the preparations against possible invasion should be done, but he didnt specify the time

i was at least surprised, the Japanese are indeed special like a nation, but sometimes they overexagarrate

Governments disavow the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life, because of the possibility that the discussion of such will lead to independent groups of critical thinkers.  Clearly, this is something that must be avoided at all costs, as it leads to cohesive groups that may oppose the will of said governments.

Ever since the days of Aristotle and the beginnings of Western civilization, independent thought has been discouraged.  I don’t need to point out specific instances; cases such as Martin Luther King Jr come readily to mind.

The government that attempts to distract people with welfare and popular entertainment (television and celebrity gossip); is this really so different from Roman bread and circuses?  Modern-day influence peddlers that appease the masses at the cost of the common good, and Roman aristocrats that swayed the votes of the masses with spectacles; what’s the difference?

As long as the government and media control both the popular conception of establishment and anti-establishment, independent thought itself is pushed aside and ridiculed.  And perhaps that is how it SHOULD be; a people that can no longer think for itself and relies on the latest fad to tell them what they should or not think deserves whatever they get.

Are these the ravings of a lunatic, or the writings of a visionary?  If you’re buying what I’m selling, does it matter?

I BELIEVE!  :-D

:wink:

:roll:

:lol:

I just wish they would come out in the open and proclaim, “Here we are, now deal with us”. But until they are bold enough to do that, people will continue to question their existence. I for one have seen things in the sky that I could not explain, And I have a long history around aircraft. 18 years with my Dad who was in the US Airforce, and 24 years in the US Naval Air. I’ve seen just about every plane there is, including airships, missiles and rockets.
    But, until I can walk up to a genuine Flying saucer, ( any alien built interstellar aircraft) I will continue to have some doubts that Intelligent beings from another world are visiting us. I have no doubt that there are other worlds with beings that have higher intelligence, but I have doubts that they can travel the great distances between the stars, at least not in the physical state.

• People on other planets don’t need to visit us because they can easily see whats going on from deep space… meaning from their own planets. Even our telescopes can nearly see planets and give basic measurements. They must have something 10,000 times better and can record us for amusement.

I don’t even think they need samples because planets have roughly the same basic elements, and removal of life ( e.g humans)-- would not be an advanced concept under an advanced civilization. I am sure they respect life and have a “don’t turn over the rocks” thing we had on field trips when we were young.

If we got bold and sought them out in about 500 years, then i think contact would be rejected for only a more or less equal species of life could welcome us… eventually leading to war and destruction… which is natural for us anyway.

:roll:

• 2007 AAR League

if they had powerful telescopes, it would still mean that they are seeing our past and not the present.  it would take forever for the light to travel to them to see.  depending on how far away they are, the farther into the past is what they’ll get.

i believe that if any alien craft are around, they are robots or probes send all over the galaxy and they dont have biological life to them.  just AI.

• depending on how far away they are

Yes right but i maintain that intelligent life is closer… say within 100 light years so they can watch Kaiser Wilhelm II change uniforms three times a day.

If they ever showed up I agree that it would be with robots ( cylons) in baseships. As soon as you see the Galactica land you know the cylons are not far behind.

• I don;t think Battlestars are designed for atmospheric flight…  so if Galactica lands, it will be a crash landing :-P

• There is life on other planets, it’s called bacteria.  :wink:

But seriously, the question is completely irrelevant, because there is nothing we can do if aliens do in fact exist, since space travel is simply too slow. lets worry about the guys who want to harm us on our own planet before we worry about other planets attacking us.

• @M36:

There is life on other planets, it’s called bacteria.  :wink:

But seriously, the question is completely irrelevant, because there is nothing we can do if aliens do in fact exist, since space travel is simply too slow. lets worry about the guys who want to harm us on our own planet before we worry about other planets attacking us.

agree with, i think this whole story is just being used to draw attention from real problems which the World has, so they bomb the media with some noncence

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m