• '21 '20 '18 '17

We started a good thread on best uses of the bases and factories, here’s another set of suggestions for your playbook;

With 2 Airbases, you can create a Bastion where your fleet can hide.  This is more of a desperate defensive measure but it is pretty effective, because the planes will be coming from somewhere else, you are adding 30 defensive TUV into the fight for only 15 TV.  The planes will be split into two zones, not stacked, and carriers are more cost effective. If you don’t have any other ships, or you need to support land defense at the same time, this is an option.  If you have any carriers, the # of planes that can potentially come is intimidating.  I don’t think I’ve used this, but all the upper ones have been used against me.

North Italy AND South Italy @ 95 and 97
    Germany and West Germany @ 113
    Norweg + WG @ 112
    Japan and Korea @  6

there are others but they aren’t too useful or they require 2 built bases

Kwangsi + Siam @ 37
    Gib + Morroco @ 91/92
    EUS/CUS @ 101 I guess…
    TJ/Alex + Egypt @ 98
    Ceylon+India too expensive and easy to cap.

• I’ve done a German airbase in Yugoslavia and Greece (different games) for that reason.  Greece was much more useful, though… could hit ships on the other side of the Suez Canal.

• Ya could name a bunch Yugo . Romania. S Italy. Trobuk. Etc ……

• '19 '18 '17 '16

Germany should have an air base.  Only Germany and ANZAC capitals are without them, however that’s another discussion.

Greece seems to be the most viable as it has additional uses beyond doubling up.  Although Korea could be very useful vs KJF strategy.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I get nervous when they’re not next to each other, because there is no land relief of it if it get captured. Good suggestions–Greece is a weird zone, like Italy East.

Tobruk?  How do we get x2 AB from that?  Doesn’t seem secure

• @taamvan:

I get nervous when they’re not next to each other, because there is no land relief of it if it get captured. Good suggestions–Greece is a weird zone, like Italy East.

Tobruk?  How do we get x2 AB from that?   Doesn’t seem secure

Some suggestions from different games.

• '15 '14

The thing is: In a tight game you definitely do NOT want to waste your money for bases but rather invest into units.

Thus, a double air base should only be built in case it provides an immediate benefit.

The most realistic scenario is to build an AB in Northern Italy in order to prevent the Italian navy being wiped out by a potentially overwhelming UK fleet with just one air base.

But never forget. Facilities do neither attack nor taking territories. You should always try to avoid them and invest into units. You need a clear purpose to invest the money, otherwise you will lose against strong opponents.

• '17

I think the best double air base is the one for defending Berlin. Often I wish I invested in it early enough when I could afford it before the US came at Germany.

• @Ichabod:

I think the best double air base is the one for defending Berlin. Often I wish I invested in it early enough when I could afford it before the US came at Germany.

In Berlin?  Or would Denmark be the better choice, since it let’s you defend both of the same sea zones as W. Germany.  So does Norway, for that matter, which would also give you fighter cover over sz 125, but is less useful having planes there.  At least in Berlin your planes can go East and South much more easily.

• '17 '16 '15

Germany would allow you to scramble 6 against a british attack if US took out Denmark and Germany felt the scramble to support the Danish invasion would fail.

Idk. I’d probably just buy dudes instead but could see it’s advantages. Maybe after you whack moscow and are cash heavy and facing heavy allied pressure in the west

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m