• My 4 x 8 maps are printed on vinyl for 120. Then I spray a thin coat of dull coat if u don’t get the matte finish.

• @siredblood:

What was the 275-375 quote for? Styrene, metal?…. Im here in mission Viejo, going out tomorrow for my quotes.

Metal map. Without a doubt it would be the best map to have.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Wow that’s an expensive map! But metal would be really nice if you have a fixed table for the game.

I will go with Vinyl when my global map is finished. Cheaper and the ability to store it more easily are the only reasons.

• @siredblood:

What was the 275-375 quote for? Styrene, metal?…. Im here in mission Viejo, going out tomorrow for my quotes.

What kind of quotes did you get?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Locke888:

@siredblood:

Vinyl was 480, and thin plastic paper stuff, non tear able was 300… prices are for 6 maps, I didn’t get into individual costs, as I need 6 for my event.

• @siredblood:

@Locke888:

@siredblood:

Vinyl was 480, and thin plastic paper stuff, non tear able was 300… prices are for 6 maps, I didn’t get into individual costs, as I need 6 for my event.

Great price for 6 maps!
    Bad news for me the metal map guy quoted me
    $200 to pack and ship. My dreams are destroyed!
    I guess it’s vinyl for me. Which is fine

• What size ? 3 x6 ?

Ya about my price after u break it down in size  mine 4 x 8 f. 125.00 3 x 6 f  90.00

• @SS:

What size ? 3 x6 ?

Ya about my price after u break it down in size  mine 4 x 8 f. 125.00 3 x 6 f  90.00

Just want the 76”x 33” file YG has up here. I’m happy with OOB size.

• '17 Customizer

$200 to ship…darn.  You can probably find a printer where you are or do a road trip to the Bay Area!

• Sponsor

I can get a quote from my print shop for a 72" X 33" 1940 Global map printed on adhesive vinyl with or without cold lamination option. This would roll like a poster making it more affordable to ship, they have a UPS account that is fully insured as well.

• @Young:

I can get a quote from my print shop for a 72" X 33" 1940 Global map printed on adhesive vinyl with or without cold lamination option. This would roll like a poster making it more affordable to ship, they have a UPS account that is fully insured as well.

Adhesive vinyl was your final solution? Did you stick it on 1/4” plywood? How hard was that to do without screwing it up? laminate is matte or glossy?
    Sorry for all the questions.

• Quick question to everyone that has a vinyl map….
    13oz vinyl is ok? Or should I go thicker, like 18oz?
    Going to a local print shop today and was quoting 13oz.

• Well it’s ordered. The 13oz vinyl(matte) felt really good.
    $67, in SoCal. I’m really glad I did this. Thanks to everyone for the advise.

• @Locke888:

Well it’s ordered. The 13oz vinyl(matte) felt really good.

Let us know how it turns out… are you going to mount this map, or roll it up when not in use? Did someone recommend 13oz or 18oz to you? I know you ordered 13oz, just wandering if that was what was recommended.

• @Nowhere:

@Locke888:

Well it’s ordered. The 13oz vinyl(matte) felt really good.

Let us know how it turns out… are you going to mount this map, or roll it up when not in use? Did someone recommend 13oz or 18oz to you? I know you ordered 13oz, just wandering if that was what was recommended.

When I felt the 13oz vinyl I could tell it was very durable. Maybe even thicker than needed. No need for 18oz.
    We have a 10 man poker table but it isn’t big enough for the map…too bad, it would be perfect. I’m going to have to mount it on plywood. I definitely will not glue it down. Thinking of framing it in with ability to remove it. Doing this because I really would like to hang it on the wall when not playing

• I am just about done with my little project.
    I bought a 4x8 piece of 1/2 plywood and 20 foot of basic trim. I would have liked to have gotten trim with a nice design but it was all too wide. I ended up with a very basic 1.25inch trim.
    I cut the plywood 75inchx36inch, mounted the map in the middle, stained the 4 pieces of trim and screwed the trim on from the backside of the plywood.

I didn’t go with a table because this will just lay on top of our poker table fine. I also wanted to hang this up on the wall. I’ll post some pics later after I get home. Nothing special about it but nice to have a one piece map finally.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Hang on the wall sounds epic

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Locke888:

I’ll post some pics later after I get home.

Please do, sounds like a simple but very effective way of mounting and hanging the board.

• Trying to post a pic. Let’s see if I can figure it out……

My pic was larger than 1568kb so it wouldn’t let me

• Here

https://ibb.co/hDabun

Hmmm, the link works and you can see it but how do I get it to show up here?

Turned out well for me. Very functional, the map wouldn’t fit on poker table but setting this on top does the job. Extremely easy to do.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m