• Does a disrupted SS-Haupsturmfurer lose his camander intiative of +3 when he’s disrupted at the beginning of a round?  Does the disrupted SS-Haupsturmfurer’s SA (Fanatic) affect the fact that commander abilities don’t function when they are disrupted.  Which trumps, the special ability or the rules.

• I know this one, I asked something similar recently on the Avalon Hill FAQ page.

Apparently there is a glossary definition in the rules somewhere that states that “If a unit ignores a hit counter, treat that hit counter as if it weren’t there.”

All special abilities modify/bend normal rules in some way, otherwise they would’nt be call Special Abilities!  In this case, SS-Haup is pretty much the Terminator and continues to grant initiative bonus and everything else until he is completely destroyed.

Mot

PS - If you want to see my question and the answer I received, it’s here:
    http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=24630

• Here is another question about SS-Determination special ability.  SS-Panzer is disrupted with enemy soldiers in it’s hex.  He can because of SS-determination.  If he moves it will result in defensive fire.  If defensive fire is sucessful will that stop the movement or does he just ignore the defensive fire because of the special ability?

• He can ignore it to the extent that it would affect his movement.  he still suffers a -1 on each die and a -1 on defense.

Mot

• Hey What’s up Mot.  Can u help me clarify some rules I’m still a little new to this a lot of gray areas.

to gain the road bonus for a vehicle do you have to be “moving along a road” to qualify for bonus?

if your movement starts on a road and your next movement is to a hex without a road is there a road bonus?

also The brumbaar can it only attk units in which it is front facing?
    card says it has a fixed howitzer
    What if there is a unit in front of it but not directly in front of brumbaar’s exact facing.  Can it attack this unit?

• Answer #1.  The road bonus is granted if the unit stays on the road from start to finish.  This includes roads that go through restrictive terrain.

Answer # 2.  The front facing is equivelent to the front three hex sides that are identified for the front and rear defensive numbers.  So it can really shoot at the 180 degree arc that surrounds the gun.

Enjoy the game.  Although I don’t have much gaming time right now, I’ve just found a way to plan a large Canadian German battle for the Moro River Battle fought just south of Ortona in December 1943.

• that makes sense thanks for your help

• I’ll go a bit further with the Brummbar, because it is related to front-vs-rearer armour as well.

Your front arc is actually more like 178 degress, because the hex line that extends exactly perpendiclar (right-angle / 90 degrees ) on either side from your facing is actually to your side.  In fact, in AAM, that exact line is the only shot that is the the side.  Everything else is either in front or to the rear.

Of course, in AAM there is no “sdie armour” rating.  Shot at the front use the front defense rating, everything else (including Cloase-Assaults) go against the rear defense number.

Why did I go into so much detail?  It turns out to be an imporant tactic to swing your armour to that exact 90 degree line to:

1.  Avoid the many fixed-howitzer in the game
    2.  Target rear armour, which can otherwise be hard to get to with slow-moving tanks

And don’t forget, if you score twice the defense rating, you land a destroyed marker!

Mot

• wow the rear armor shot is news to me.  I thought shot from the side is front armor

• Unlike infantry, vehicles must face one hex side at the end of their turn.  Front armour ratings are used for any incoming shots that approach through the three sides that surround the vehicles front.  In other words the side that it is facing and the sides found immediately left and right of that side.  Rear armour ratings are used if the approaching round comes into the hex through any of the three sides that surround the back of the tank.

• 2007 AAR League

here is a rules questionm
    I just played a few games with gamer, and these situations came up a few times.

1. When does the movement occur during the assault phase?

2. At one point does a unit need to be able to spot for a mortar?
      Heres a situation. I have the initiative. If I move a soldier during the movement phase into LOS within 4 hexes of a unit (spotting for my mortar). During the assault phase (I go first with initiative) I attack that enemy unit with my mortar (spotting with my soldier). My soldier doesnt shoot, and instead moves during assault phase, out of LOS, and thus can not be retaliated against. Is this legal?

3. An inverse situation is this. I DONT have the initiative and go second. My opponent has already done his attacks. During my ASSAULT phase, I move my soldier into LOS and within 4 hexes of an enemy. Can I then use that spot for my mortar?
      Basically, when and for how long does the spot have to occur?

thanks
    Mateooo

• @mateooo:

here is a rules questionm
    I just played a few games with gamer, and these situations came up a few times.

1. When does the movement occur during the assault phase?

2. At one point does a unit need to be able to spot for a mortar?
      Heres a situation. I have the initiative. If I move a soldier during the movement phase into LOS within 4 hexes of a unit (spotting for my mortar). During the assault phase (I go first with initiative) I attack that enemy unit with my mortar (spotting with my soldier). My soldier doesnt shoot, and instead moves during assault phase, out of LOS, and thus can not be retaliated against. Is this legal?

3. An inverse situation is this. I DONT have the initiative and go second. My opponent has already done his attacks. During my ASSAULT phase, I move my soldier into LOS and within 4 hexes of an enemy. Can I then use that spot for my mortar?
      Basically, when and for how long does the spot have to occur?

thanks
    Mateooo

1.  You resolve move/attacks for one unit at a time.

2&3.  I assume you are refreing to the mortar w/ the “Improved Indirect Fire” so any unit can spot?  The special ability (having another unit within 4 hexes) must be satisfied when the Mortar’s assualt is resolved.  It doesn’t matter if the soldier moved before or after that.

Mot

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m