N00b school: Pearl Heavy v. Pearl Light

• That was the first time I’d ever faced that much navy :S

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, and it did keep America and England out of Germany for about 9 turns, maybe 7 turns, before they could land anything.

• I see from the Sig File that someone out there watched Tin Man on Sci Fi  8-)

Are you trying to tell us that you are just a sweet innocent person that is possessed by an evil witch?  :lol:

@ncscswitch:

I see from the Sig File that someone out there watched Tin Man on Sci Fi  8-)

Are you trying to tell us that you are just a sweet innocent person that is possessed by an evil witch?  :lol:

I am sweet and innocent!  Are you inferring otherwise?

• You are the one who added ‘AKA possessed by an evil witch’ to your profile  :-P

@ncscswitch:

You are the one who added ‘AKA possessed by an evil witch’ to your profile  :-P

She got better, ya know.  :P  It was all her little sister’s fault, as usual!

• Yea, and it did keep America and England out of Germany for about 9 turns, maybe 7 turns, before they could land anything.

I was in W. Europe on Uk4, and you gave up on G5 otherwise I would have permanently occupied S. Europe in addition to W. Europe on UK5. I’m not sure why you like to exaggerate so much and so badly…

By Germany 5 Russia has been reduced to 1 Fighter, 2 Armor and a handful of Infantry.  Not enough.

England and America had finally gotten a beach head, but it also wasn’t enough.  Definitely not enough to hold S. Europe after it was taken.  None of the German fleet was sunk and you had a major problem with Japan starting, that was going to start tying up Allied fighters defending Russia soon, and at that point, all resistance to Germany in Europe would evaporate.

So yea, I was off by two rounds.  It was round 5, which is where we stopped.

It was far from a “done deal” but it wasn’t great for Germany.

• By Germany 5 Russia has been reduced to 1 Fighter, 2 Armor and a handful of Infantry.  Not enough.

Not enough to what? By the time Germany went next it would be reduced Balkans + Germany with 3 arm 5 figs and a handful of infantry, with a 17 IPC income. That’s not enough.

England and America had finally gotten a beach head, but it also wasn’t enough.  Definitely not enough to hold S. Europe after it was taken.  None of the German fleet was sunk and you had a major problem with Japan starting, that was going to start tying up Allied fighters defending Russia soon, and at that point, all resistance to Germany in Europe would evaporate.

I beg to differ. I could have put 18 land units/fighters in S. Europe, with you only having 15 pieces to attack with in Germany. W. Europe would be light with only 14 defensive pieces, but could you really have been able to attack that when you have to defend your capital as well? Plus, Russia was about to use its last hurrah to bang up E. Europe, giving you 3 directions in which none of them were adviseable to attack. Maybe we should continue that game to show you how bad things really were.

None of the German fleet was sunk and you had a major problem with Japan starting, that was going to start tying up Allied fighters defending Russia soon, and at that point, all resistance to Germany in Europe would evaporate.

The German fleet is impotent as this point. All I’m doing is waiting for the Americans to sneeze on the Baltic navy, and the med navy is doing nothing of importance. In case I required the Allied fighters to defend Russia, I would have sufficient land units down to contain Germany for good.

It was far from a “done deal” but it wasn’t great for Germany.

Let’s continue, I just don’t get the feeling you know how to admit defeat. If it’s not a done deal, then show me how it’s not.

I said it wasn’t going great, but it’s not a done deal because you don’t have it to take Berlin, not before Russia goes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m