• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I like to have 6 transports with Japan, maybe 7 depending.  I’ve even gone up to 8 so I can do a double shuck from Japan down.

Anyway, it’s an end game move, Switch.  Object is to pull Americans away for a round so you can get that last round unimpeded and increase your already winning odds to account for a bad throw of the dice.

It doesn’t take 50 rounds, it takes about 10-12.  Yea, America might have a fleet in SZ 12, but to be honest, most times i see the American fleet up in SZ 5 or 4 with a smaller fleet in SZ 8.

• while u have 2 more trns, aviable than what i like. so thats double the number so takes me twice as slow. but moscow falls quicker when u don’t buy a bazillion trns.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

4 to get off Japan, 4 to land in Africa if I need to0.  Generally how it ends up.  Sometimes I only have 2 to land in Africa.  Sometimes I have 6 extra.  Kinda depends on teh game, ya know?

• A Japanese move towards Brazil and beyond is even nastier if Germany has a lot of airpower (say 8ftr 2bmb). That forces UK+US to spread defenses to keep fleet(s) alive and troop flow to Europe - so little naval offensive/deterrence remains against Japan.

Japan also adds a threat ‘inside’ the turn cycle (Germany-UK-Japan-US-Russia) so it gets very hard for Allies to always end with a ‘neat’ position, not exploitable by (one of) the next Axis power.

• @Cmdr:

Some interesting, but not personally attempted, strategies include a US IC on Brazil on Round 1 pumping out at least 2 units a round for America to send into Africa.

its my standard USA play :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m