• UK attacks solomons with 1 sub and wins with sub surviving, attacks Kwang transport with destroyer with destroyer surviving. What’s the best response, just build in SZ61?

And then in a second case, UK bom is in Sinkiang if you build in SZ61. Then what? Suck it up and build a dest + tran?

• What is the situation on the map, other than UK DD in sz59, and UK sub in Solomon?

You can build 2 IC, or 1 IC and save some money. DD is waste of money.

• The rest of the map?

In this game I watched, there was IC in Sinkiang and India.

Do you counter by building two IC in Asia too?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Or you could just go Pearl Light and leave a BB to protect your transports.

• Pearl Light to take out the SZ52 fleet.

Then SZ59 heavy from SZ47

China (of course)

Build 3 TRN (SZ60) and 2 INF (Japan).

SZ60 BB shields the TRNs in SZ60.

I MIGHT also leave 1 TRN in SZ61 to be able to move 2 INF to Manchuria to protect the FIGs I will land there, depending on Russian INF positions, and UK BOM location.

• That’s a situation in which Pearl Light makes sense, except it’s ugly when your fighters survive and you have to send your carrier to pick them up; it’s exposed to a free sub attack. I guess you just have to suck up the risk? Or do what Lucifer said and build 1 or 2 complex and wait a turn…

• Even if the SUB hits (only 1 in 3 it does), you don;t lose the FIGs because they can land in Wake (if you played Pearl Light correctly)… and the SUB is TOAST!

• @Bean:

That’s a situation in which Pearl Light makes sense, except it’s ugly when your fighters survive and you have to send your carrier to pick them up; it’s exposed to a free sub attack. I guess you just have to suck up the risk? Or do what Lucifer said and build 1 or 2 complex and wait a turn…

Very important here is the bury stack. If there’s 6 inf, means bury or pearl, not both.
    I’m a LL player, many LL’ers do pearl light, or “pearl-retreat”. Retreat to sz51 after US chooses AC as casualty.
    This is good example of difference between ADS or LL  :-)
    If you take Bury, there’s not many aircraft that reaches sz60.
    I usually buy 3 trans, or 2 trans + IC if I took 1 ipc for Japs.
    1 IC + saving or 2 IC J2 may be an option only if UK won every battle in pac UK1 with everything that can reach,
    and you wanna take back as much as possible as soon as possible.
    If you use all Jap navy then there’s no protection in sz60, but in this case
    only one DD + sub then there’s no threat at all.

So in LL against you I need to remember the US Carrier dies last so I can lock you in SZ 52. :P

• @Cmdr:

So in LL against you I need to remember the US Carrier dies last so I can lock you in SZ 52. :P

Atm I’m skipping pearl usually. Not sure if this is a good idea. The tuv-trade, and that US can build more ground
    units and wait for the strike fleet reaches Italy.

A few weeks ago I conceded an axis game rnd 3  :|  :oops:
    Made some German mistakes, some bad dicerolls in LL,  :roll:
    opponent had to think a long time, after my Jap turn.
    He chose to do nothing in pac with US.  :cry:
    Sailed everything for Europe.
    Built in NY  :x

If he come after Jap I’d be willing to fight on.
    Maybe it’s a mental thing, but when you’re bleeding from 3 places at the same time there’s not much you can do really.

• That’s kind of why I like to bid 9-11 now, there’s just too much uncertainty in the Axis game early on. Without the uncertainty (i.e. if rolls go as I want them to go) then the Axis have an even shot at it, but all it takes is a moderate shock somewhere in the round 1 attacks to slow down the Axis significantly. And yes, bad luck does happen in LL like Lucifer said.

• Bad luck for LL is for small stacks right?

And am I seeing bids raising for revised already (9-11 IPC?)…I guess its only been 3 years.

7 IPC is plenty for a revised bid, IMHO.  Just need some punch to close Egypt on Germany 1.

Though, lately I’ve been getting sneaky and bidding 30 IPC to be Axis so I can work on KJF in “normal” games where my opponent is unaware I am going to hit him with it.  A lot of fun!  Had a few games given to me when my opponent sees a massive fleet emerge off the coast of S. America into the Pacific and his fleet is far away. :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m