[Anniversary '41] Alternate National Objectives

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Hey everyone, I put together some alternative national objectives for the 1941 Scenario in 50th Anniversary Edition. I think Anniversary is a fantastic game, but I’m often frustrated by the need for a large Allied bid and by the way almost all of the action focuses in the Atlantic theater, especially France. Using the out-of-the-box rules, France is part of a national objective for Germany, Italy, the UK, and the USA – it just strikes me as overkill. So, here’s my attempt to re-balance the game! Please let me know what you think. :-)

SETUP CHANGE
    Add 1 factory to Australia
    Add 1 British transport and 1 British cruiser to Sea Zone 28 (near South Africa)
    Add 2 Chinese infantry to Yunnan
    Add 1 Russian artillery to Stanovoj Chrebet
    Add 1 Italian tank to Libya
    Add 1 German infantry to France

GERMANY
    Scandinavian Metal: Collect 5 IPCs if there are no Allied ships in sea zone 5, and the Axis control Norway and Finland.
    Ukrainian Wheat: Collect 5 IPCs if the Axis control both Ukraine and Eastern Ukraine.
    Caspian Oil: Collect 5 IPCs if the Axis control both Caucasus and Persia.
    Axis Satellites: Collect 5 IPCs if the Axis control at least one industrial complex in Finland, Hungary, or Romania.

USSR
    Northern Lend-Lease: Collect 3 IPCs if there are no Axis ships in sea zones 3 or 4, and the Allies control Archangel.
    Southern Lend-Lease: Collect 3 IPCs if there are no Axis ships in sea zone 34, and the Allies control Persia plus either Caucasus or Kazakh SSR.
    Pacific Lend-Lease: Collect 3 IPCs if there are no Axis ships in sea zone 63, and the Allies control both Yakut SSR and Soviet Far East.

JAPAN
    Chinese Coastline: Collect 5 IPCs if Axis control all of Manchuria, Kiangsu, Fukien, Kwangtung, and French Indo-China Thailand.
    Borneo Oil Route: Collect 5 IPCs if there are no Allied ships in sea zones 49, 50, 60, 61, and 62, and the Axis control Borneo.
    Greater East-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere: Collect 5 IPCs per territory if the Axis control India, Australia, and/or Hawaii.

UK
    Atlantic Shipping: Collect 5 IPCs if there are no Axis ships in sea zones 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, or 19.
    Soft Underbelly: Collect 5 IPCs if the British or Americans (not the Russians) control Italy, the Balkans, or Romania.
    Pacific Colonies: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control at least 3 of India, Burma, French Indo-China Thailand, East Indies, and Kwangtung.
    ANZAC Supply Lines: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control at least 3 of Australia, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and New Zealand.

ITALY
    Mare Nostrum: Collect 3 IPCs if there are no Allied ships in sea zones 13, 14, 15, or 16 and the Axis control at least 2 of France, Gibraltar, and Morocco.
    New Roman Empire: Collect 3 IPCs if the Italians (not the Germans or Japanese) control Egypt, Trans-Jordan, or Italian East Africa.

UNITED STATES
    Monroe Doctrine: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control Mexico, Panama, West Indies, and Brazil.
    Operation Overlord: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control both France and Northwest Europe.
    Defense Perimeter: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control Alaska, Midway, and Hawaii.
    Island Bases: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control at least 3 of Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Wake Island, Caroline Islands, and Formosa.
    Pacific Liberator: Collect 5 IPCs if the Allies control the Philippines, Kiangsu, or Manchuria.

• Looks fine but from what I can see, two objectives I don’t like the values.

Northern Lend-Lease should be more due to getting equipment from both UK and US.
    Pacific Lend-Lease should be less because USSR refused to take any combat Lend Lease through that route because they did not want to give an excuse for Japan to declare war so they only took non combat issued items.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m