Can Russia take pro-Allies neutrals before DOW?

• Scenario: Germany has attacked strict neutrals, but its only round 2 and Russia is NOT at war with Germany/Italy.

So, can Russia take these now pro-Ally neutrals now?  Or does it have to wait for round 4 or a German DOW?

• '22 '21 '20 '17 '15

It must wait until it’s in the war and part of the Allies.  Until then, they are just as neutral as those countries were before they were attacked.

• '18 '17 '16

They could take Mongolia in your scenario but that would just be goofy because Mongolia would still be a strict neutral. They can’t move anything out of Russia anywhere on the Europe side until they are at war with the European Axis.

• Thank you, guys.  That is what we thought but its our first time in this scenario and wanted to be sure.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Usually its best to have a Russian guy in Caucasus or mobile at Volgo to take NWP in anticipation of war, if you forget to activate these territories, they cant be blitz’d/NCM’d through at all (you must stop to gain control).

• '19 '17 '16

@GeneralHandGrenade:

They could take Mongolia in your scenario but that would just be goofy because Mongolia would still be a strict neutral. They can’t move anything out of Russia anywhere on the Europe side until they are at war with the European Axis.

I don’t think this is right. They (almost) never become pro-Axis but they can become pro-Allies. So in the scenario outlined, USSR could activate the Mongolian territories it can reach by doing a DOW on Japan.

@Pac:

The Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and
    Buyant-Uhaa) will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union. Also, if Japan attacks
    any Soviet-controlled territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory, all Mongolian territories that are still strict neutral
    or pro-Allies

There is nothing in there that says they aren’t included in going pro-Allies with an Axis neutral crush.

• '18 '17 '16

@simon33:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I don’t think this is right. They (almost) never become pro-Axis but they can become pro-Allies. So in the scenario outlined, USSR could activate the Mongolian territories it can reach by doing a DOW on Japan.

@Pac:

The Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and
    Buyant-Uhaa) will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union. Also, if Japan attacks
    any Soviet-controlled territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory, all Mongolian territories that are still strict neutral
    or pro-Allies

There is nothing in there that says they aren’t included in going pro-Allies with an Axis neutral crush.

You’re right Simon. For some reason I thought that they were separate from the other strict neutrals.

• Actually Mongolia can go pro Axis. The only situation I can see it goes like this, some allied nation attacks a strict neutral triggering all strict neutrals to go pro-Axis. USSR breaks Mongolian Defense Pact and attacks Japanese territory. Under G40 rules, if USSR breaks the pact, Mongolia becomes a strict neutral thus in this situation, Mongolia is now Pro-Axis.

• '19 '17 '16

@Caesar:

Actually Mongolia can go pro Axis. The only situation I can see it goes like this, some allied nation attacks a strict neutral triggering all strict neutrals to go pro-Axis. USSR breaks Mongolian Defense Pact and attacks Japanese territory. Under G40 rules, if USSR breaks the pact, Mongolia becomes a strict neutral thus in this situation, Mongolia is now Pro-Axis.

The rule above states that they will never become pro-Axis unless attacked by USSR. Breaking the pact doesn’t change that.

• I believe then the rules directly say two different things because I am pretty sure USSR attacking Japan triggers Mongolia to go outright neutral.

• '19 '17 '16

I think you should re read the rules. They’re clear.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m