League General Discussion Thread

• '19 '17

If Axis declare war on true neutrals, can Russia take control of Mongolia? Do they have to wait until they are at war with the Axis?

• '19 '17 '16

Yes. They would become pro allied. They can’t become pro-axis.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

Yes. They would become pro allied. They can’t become pro-axis.

Thanks, it’s what seems most logical to me.

• '19 '17 '16

I suppose the USSR would have to be at war with Japan though. Otherwise they would be under the restrictions of a neutral power on the Pacific map.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

I suppose the USSR would have to be at war with Japan though. Otherwise they would be under the restrictions of a neutral power on the Pacific map.

Hmm interesting point.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I just landed a US inf in Dutch New Guinea and it remained Dutch. I assumed the ownership would change (and my aim was to get the ANZAC bonus). Am I missing a rule? The game is regular 2nd ed and we are far enough along that the US has declared war.

• '19 '17

Only UK and Anzac can take over Dutch territories actually (and French?), so US can’t take them over.

Thanks! I’m probably used to situations where the US gets in there after Japan has taken it and assumed I could.

• '19 '17 '16

UK and ANZAC can’t claim French territories.

• '19 '17

Sorry, meant maybe French can take Dutch territories.

• '19 '17 '16

@Pac:

Political Situation: ANZAC begins the game at war with Germany and Italy, both of which are on the other side of world.
    ANZAC may declare war on Japan at the beginning of the Combat Move phase of any of its turns, resulting in a state of
    war between Japan and both ANZAC and the United Kingdom. When not yet at war with Japan, in addition to the normal
    restrictions (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15), ANZAC may not move units into or through China. It
    may, however, move units into Dutch territories as a noncombat movement at any time, as long as those territories have not
    been captured by an Axis power. It may actually take control of Dutch territories (gaining their IPC income) by moving land
    units into them.
    Additionally, ANZAC considers attacks against any Dutch territories to be acts of war against it directly.

Political Situation: France is at war with Germany and Italy. France may declare war on Japan at the beginning of the
    Combat Move phase of any of its turns.

The bolded bit is not present in the French rules.

• '19 '17

Thanks.

• '16 '15 '10

@farmboy:

I just landed a US inf in Dutch New Guinea and it remained Dutch. I assumed the ownership would change (and my aim was to get the ANZAC bonus). Am I missing a rule? The game is regular 2nd ed and we are far enough along that the US has declared war.

Seems like a TripleA bug.  The explanation that the USA can’t take Dutch territories isn’t consistent with USA being able to take Java and Celebes.

• '19 '17 '16

@Zhukov44:

@farmboy:

Seems like a TripleA bug.  The explanation that the USA can’t take Dutch territories isn’t consistent with USA being able to take Java and Celebes.

Umm, USA can’t take ownership of Java or Celebes from the Dutch either. They can take it from the Axis though.

• '19

I have an issue with a current game; on Anzac2 - I place a dd where was a Japan navy with empty transports ( Japan has not DOW ). So when Japan starts J3 and DOW on allies; he is able to load the transport on the sz where my dd was and brought his transport to the islands.

I thought the combat has to be resolved before the transport can be loaded; so at the end the purpose of it is to delay the attack on the island if the player unloaded the troops the round before…

Am I wrong on this on the triplea server bypass the rule?

• '19 '17

The exception to the rule of “not being able to load transports if an enemy surface warship is in the SZ” is on the turn Japan declares war on UK/Anzac. Japan can load its transports in hostile SZ if Japan is the one to DOW.

To my knowledge this is a player enforced rule, it isn’t in TripleA.

• '18 '16

As the other party involved, I believe that it’s the general scenario, not just the Japan JDOW.  From the rulebook under Step 3:

" During your Combat Move phase in which you entered into a state of war, your transports that are already in sea zones that have just become hostile may be loaded in those sea zones (but not in other hostile sea zones). In effect, transports may be loaded in their initial sea zones for amphibious assaults before war is declared, while the sea zone is still friendly."

• '19

Ok thanks guys; I thought it worked the other way around  :lol:

I just got an unknown error when trying to post a China turn. And then was told the upload folder was full when I tried to post a saved game and a screenshot (separately). Is that an error on my end or with the server. The US turn posted moments earlier went up fine.

• '17

@Sovietishcat:

I have an issue with a current game; on Anzac2 - I place a dd where was a Japan navy with empty transports ( Japan has not DOW ). So when Japan starts J3 and DOW on allies; he is able to load the transport on the sz where my dd was and brought his transport to the islands.

I thought the combat has to be resolved before the transport can be loaded; so at the end the purpose of it is to delay the attack on the island if the player unloaded the troops the round before…

Am I wrong on this on the triplea server bypass the rule?

Yes, it’s a weird rule thing…but yeah…if Japan is the country that declares war, it can load transports in a suddenly hostile territory. It just can’t move into a different sea zone that’s hostile to load. So, you have to place a UK destroyer in the sea zone with the Japanese transports…than have ANZAC declare war first. Only way to prevent that.

See page 11 of the Pacific Rule book in the Blue Box section on the right
    or page 12 of the Europe book.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m