• 2007 AAR League

and also for debt.  its an old trick.

say we owe 2 trillion or however much dollars.

if what was one dollar now takes two dollars to make as much, we have halved our debt in half, and the people who we owe it to get pissed.  but thats fine.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, that’s true.  But to be honest, how much do we owe to France?  Can’t we just say “Hey France, what language do you speak now?  French?  You’re very welcome, how about we don’t owe you anything, period.”

That should eliminate some of it.

• 2007 AAR League

if we were to make all countries went lent cash to in WWI and WWII pay us back, we’d have no debt.  we should bitch slap those europeans into paying us.  or else if we owe any of them money, just write it off as a non issue.

I don’t think America lent that money, I think America borrowed the money and then GAVE it to Europe which is where a large portion of the national debt began.  Though, I’ve never taken a course in the history of American Government Economics.  To be honest, I never would take such a course, I prefer 1+1 equaling 2.  not 1+1 equals $1000 in spending and $3000 in loans and 27% interest compounded daily.

• @balungaloaf:

if we were to make all countries went lent cash to in WWI and WWII pay us back, we’d have no debt.  we should b**** slap those europeans into paying us.  or else if we owe any of them money, just write it off as a non issue.

I think only Britian payed us back I  remeber hearing about it in the news like during the summer or something.

@cyan:

@balungaloaf:

if we were to make all countries went lent cash to in WWI and WWII pay us back, we’d have no debt.  we should b**** slap those europeans into paying us.  or else if we owe any of them money, just write it off as a non issue.

I think only Britian payed us back I  remeber hearing about it in the news like during the summer or something.

England’s full of good chaps.

France has one good chap I know of, Sarkozy.  (Sounds like a Russian name….)

Anyway, if we could get them to pay us back so we can pay down some of our foreign debt, that would really speed things along.  Though, I like the idea of thinking my current government is smart enough to cause a recession to devalue the dollar and then pay off the debt, I fear it’s more likely they will increase spending and print more money instead.

BTW, I would have no problem with the national debt doubling if all that debt was to American citizens and companies wholly owned by American citizens.  At least then the interest would be boosting our economy, not dragging it down.

• 2007 AAR League

actually, finland was the only country of both wars, theirs being after WWI, to pay back America for its loans.  they are still proud of this fact.

and in actuality, it was our money lent to the europeans during both wars, and it was never paid back.  they said their blood was payment enough.  but we didnt have to win their wars for them, pay us back.  look at the marshall plan to save much of europe from communism, even that wasnt paid back.

our debt should be solved this way.

• So the answer to our 9 trilion $ national debt is collect on loans from europe from 60 and 90 years ago? and if they dont pay I guess well point some ICBMs at them?

Frances budget last year was 300 billion euros. Germany’s was 260 billion. Britain recently paid off its ww2 debt.

since were in lala land, how would the repayment schedule for these countries look?

• @balungaloaf:

actually, finland was the only country of both wars, theirs being after WWI, to pay back America for its loans.  they are still proud of this fact.

and in actuality, it was our money lent to the europeans during both wars, and it was never paid back.  they said their blood was payment enough.  but we didnt have to win their wars for them, pay us back.  look at the marshall plan to save much of europe from communism, even that wasnt paid back.

our debt should be solved this way.

the US not having to speak nazi and eat sasuages all the time is payment enough. Europe would of been a horrid place if we let germany win either of the world wars. We helped our allies survive against the crazy regimes that attacked them. thats what allies do. I would much rather rebuild London from being bombed rather than Washington and Paris brutally occupied instead of NEw york. but getting off topic.

so how do you think we should stop the US dollar from deflating? and also I know the pound is worth twice as strong as the dollar so does that mean the UK has twice as good of an economy?

• OK, I tried to let this run, but it simply has far too much of a political element.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m